Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Body > Tops > Bestop Safari Bikini

Light up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!

Bestop Safari Bikini Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Tops Next Product

Bestop Safari Bikini

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $190.00
Average Price: $81.62
Manufacturer: Bestop
Recommended?
Yes: 67 / No: 5

These are the original and only genuine Bikini Tops allowed to use the name. They are the #1 accessory for your Jeep. Bestop quality will long outlast the competition. Quick to attach and small to stow away, these sun tops to more than just look good. They protect your font seats and dashboard from sudden showers, and they keep them cool when parked in the blistering sun. Safari Bikini Tops take the idea a step further, and extends the coverage all the Way to the rear of your Jeep. Factory-matched colors in genuine (original spec)

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4 > Last »

Mrozandy
Mrozandy's Reviews
08-21-2009, 08:25 PM
Price: $100.00
Pros: Looks cool, it's easy to use, durable
Cons: It does flap alot when driving, rain water pools in it.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I hated the way the factory top looked when it was down and I had it down most of the time. So I ordered the bikini top and matching duster cover. When my top arrived I removed the factory top completely from the jeep. I would go topless and just use the bikini in the case of rain, keeping it rolled up and stored under the back seat(unlimited). I live in south Florida so in the summer it pretty much rains every afternoon, I decided to leave the bikini top installed all the time but I unlatch the header, undo the sides at the front driver and passenger doors and just roll it back. It works great and looks cool. If it looks like rain all I have to do is roll it forward, latch it and snap the sides in. This whole process takes approx. 30 secs. I can even do it if I'm sitting at a light and it starts raining on me, without getting out. There are some velcro straps attached to the top for attaching it directly to the roll bars (without using the factory door frame pieces), but I don't plan on attaching it that way. They seemed to get in the way and stuck out so I cut them off. I did have to order the zuse cover bows to prevent the flapping and water pooling, but I am happy with the look and ease of use this top has provided me. Besides I don't think there are too many other options for a bikini top on the JK's.

JeeperGurl
JeeperGurl's Reviews
06-04-2009, 04:56 PM
Price: $150.00
Pros: Great as a quick cover up even in rain.
Cons: Its kinda sucky to keep on doesn't seal well at the doors with the velcro because of my rollbar covering and rain collects and since there isn't a filling between the cage and doors... your gonna get wet if it puddles
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Its great for shade not really for all weather conditions but in a pinch for rain it works. but your gonna get wet getting the water out as it will pour onto either you or your unsuspecting passengers.

jeepdavetj

jeepdavetj's Reviews
05-18-2009, 09:47 AM
Price: $50.00
Pros: Goes on well and seems to fit properly
Cons: Leaks in rain. Thru the fabric. I don't like that.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Its ok. Glad I bought it used. Would get something else if I had the cash.

Bought used from a neighbor.

Mayfair_Jeeper

Mayfair_Jeeper's Reviews

04-01-2009, 03:06 PM
Bestop Safari Bikini
Price: $75.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Love it. Works great, keeps the sun out of my eyes, and the rain off my head

samg789
samg789's Reviews

03-24-2009, 11:58 PM
Bestop Safari Bikini
Price: $54.99
Recommended? Yes

Comments: i love the fact that the color doesnt fade as much as most does if not at all.

AlexGeorgakis

AlexGeorgakis's Reviews

02-26-2009, 09:00 AM
Bestop Safari Bikini
Price: $53.66
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Installs in minutes and fits well. You will need to cut and re-stitch it if you have a custom roll cage.

JEEPBUILDER02
JEEPBUILDER02's Reviews

02-11-2009, 02:15 AM
Bestop Safari Bikini
Price: $80.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: it works great and is nice if you have passengers in the back instlation is kind of a pain but its not that big of a deal if you leave it on for a few days

mtr5360

mtr5360's Reviews

01-18-2009, 02:01 AM
Bestop Safari Bikini
Price: $45.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Awesome top, superior construction and materials. Somewhat difficult to hook up roll bar straps if you have a full with speaker bar. Must install a bestop header.

thetrashman

thetrashman's Reviews

01-13-2009, 05:12 PM
Bestop Safari Bikini
Price: $30.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: i bought this for my first YJ
and kept it for this one.
it works well but pools form sometimes.
so im adding braces to it this year.

j_bydesign

j_bydesign's Reviews

01-01-2009, 09:58 AM
Bestop Safari Bikini
Price: $89.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: great product, with the clamp type widshield rail. Love this top, perfect for south florida

JVona
JVona's Reviews

12-26-2008, 11:34 PM
Bestop Safari Bikini
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Loved it when I lived in California. Never had the doors on and the top gave me the shade to stop the sun burns. haha

cpundsack
cpundsack's Reviews

12-08-2008, 09:30 AM
Bestop Safari Bikini
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Good top! The tie down straps seem sturdy enough to handle the wind and has held up well to the elements so far

RedWind
RedWind's Reviews

11-02-2008, 08:38 AM
Bestop Safari Bikini
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Nice and durable top. Helps the sun burning a lot and I would travel without unless the full top was on

curlytj3582
curlytj3582's Reviews

10-18-2008, 09:43 PM
Bestop Safari Bikini
Recommended? Yes

Comments: this is a great summer top. i actually run it from spring to fall. keeps rear gear or passengers covered from the sun or the occasional downpour!

pcjeeper
pcjeeper's Reviews

09-30-2008, 07:41 PM
Bestop Safari Bikini
Price: $56.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Keeps the sun off of you, but still allows the air to flow, coupled to a tonno cover and a windjammer it looks bad *** to

hacabrera
hacabrera's Reviews

09-17-2008, 12:15 AM
Bestop Safari Bikini
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Really nice product, just try to keep it clean after use to prevent hard to remove stains... or buying the cleaning solution...

jackbauersmom

jackbauersmom's Reviews

09-03-2008, 09:05 PM
Bestop Safari Bikini
Recommended? Yes

Comments: love it. never leave home without it. got rid of my whole factory soft top. easy to install during rain.

jeep_ny
jeep_ny's Reviews

08-23-2008, 04:27 AM
Bestop Safari Bikini
Price: $50.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: strapless bikini, tonneau cover, no-drill header piece, and rear duster.
all purchased in used, but good condition from a forum member... i forgot your name already, but thanks again for a sweet deal. this is a cool summer upgrade/mod - the half-top is much better at keeping you protected from the elements. i basically watched to forecast for the next 3 days every time i wanted to use this top... but it was so worth it.

all in all its a great accessory; it makes going topless so much easier/faster. and since its all fabric it easy to store.

Cochinosucio
Cochinosucio's Reviews

08-13-2008, 09:03 AM
Bestop Safari Bikini
Price: $90.00
Pros: Shade, glorious shade
Cons: fittment
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great idea, however the rear end should have a rigid piece across it, instead of just a seam. At low speeds, it's great , but if you need to be on the highway for more than 23 minutes..... the flapping is annoying... .

Rigger007
Rigger007's Reviews

08-11-2008, 08:38 AM
Bestop Safari Bikini
Price: $90.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I love this top. I have a hard top I roll with in the winter/spring, but in the summer its all safari. Sure beats 1k for an a/c install, and looks great! No issues with the no-drill header either, fits like a glove with no leaks or rattles.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4 > Last »