Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Body > Tops > Bestop Safari Bikini

Jeep Liberty Wheel Bearing & Hub - FrontSAVE BIG: Christmas in July Sale!Jeep Liberty Window Regulator

Bestop Safari Bikini Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Tops Next Product

Bestop Safari Bikini

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $190.00
Average Price: $81.62
Manufacturer: Bestop
Recommended?
Yes: 67 / No: 5

These are the original and only genuine Bikini Tops allowed to use the name. They are the #1 accessory for your Jeep. Bestop quality will long outlast the competition. Quick to attach and small to stow away, these sun tops to more than just look good. They protect your font seats and dashboard from sudden showers, and they keep them cool when parked in the blistering sun. Safari Bikini Tops take the idea a step further, and extends the coverage all the Way to the rear of your Jeep. Factory-matched colors in genuine (original spec)

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 > Last »

jeepingjoe
jeepingjoe's Reviews

06-26-2014, 09:53 PM
Price: $109.00
Pros: Quick shade
Cons: Poor design
Recommended? No

Comments: Quite dissapointed in Bestop for this one. Poor design, it doesn't take into account aftermarket grab pads for roll bar. It has way too much on the sides of the windshield channel. Not enough strap to go around the speaker bar, you have to thread it between the cage and speaker bar which is a pita. The extra strap there dangles in front of your rear view mirror, excellent. They even saved money by barely giving you enough strap to thread through the buckles. Made in China. Check out Rampage's combo top.

Red85CJ
Red85CJ's Reviews
01-19-2014, 01:31 AM
Price: $100.00
Pros: great to have a top
Cons: metal trim for windshield not very sturdy
Recommended? Yes

Comments: When you cant go completely topless, its good to get as small of a bikini as possible. Easy installation, and no more burned necks.

ciphershort
ciphershort's Reviews
04-22-2013, 09:28 AM
Price: $114.49
Pros: Quick and easy to install. Very simple design.
Cons: Flaps a little in the wind but nothing more than I expected.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Got this for my JKU and installed it in about 20 mins. Went up quick and easy. No problems here. I bought it (the top and header) from Amazon as it was the cheapest place I could find it with free shipping. Great top in my opinion!

Fergi_1264

water lover
Fergi_1264's Reviews
10-12-2012, 12:10 AM
Price: $79.99
Pros: protects from the sun and over the top rain
Cons: velcro wraps on sides dont fit stock tube padding on rollcage. stretches quickly after use
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I love how quick it is to put on and off when driving on sunny days. Even quicker on cloudy/rainy days. Since most people store it with the required channel purchase, it would be nice if it came with some type of ridged form in the overhead area to keep it from sagging over time.

sdroadking
sdroadking's Reviews

08-25-2012, 02:18 PM
Price: $115.00
Pros: Great when parked!!
Cons: SUCKS -- Flaps, does not fit well. We saw another one on a Jeep that fit tight and could not flap.
Recommended? No

Comments: We were excited about this Safari top. The instructions were vague, the top does not fit well and is very noisy and flaps. I have the straps as tight as they will go. PLUS the fit looks like S&%T. Very unhappy .. putting the hard top back on or buying two sunroof panels.

Don

IH8PEPL
Web Wheeler
IH8PEPL's Reviews

06-11-2012, 06:38 PM
Price: $115.00
Pros: NONE! Its a total waste of money.
Cons: Made in China from crap materials, cheap webbing and horrible fit. Stitching is pathetic.
Recommended? No

Comments: *** UPDATE***
After 2 weeks of having this installed - Its being thrown in the box and returned. It flaps like crazy, even after modding it. Straps need to be ziptied to keep it on. Fit in the window channel is pathetic. Avoid!!! Check out SpiderWebShade.com for a superior product.

Just like Smittybilt and Rugged Ridge... Bestop follows suit with **** quality chinese garbage. Not just this top but every other Bestop product I have purchase in the past has always been a let down. If there were any other options I would have avoided this product all together.

A Tarp from Walmart would fit better than this safari top. The front plastic tab is way to long for the no drill header. I even trimmed the plastic on mine to get it to fit, nope. Called Bestop - "Did you read the instructions (were not included, had to print them off the net), it fits" was the answer they gave me before hanging up. Tried fitting it over the factory door surrounds and then again without them - just made it go from bad to worse. Finally solved the problem with a heat gun, conforming the plastic to fit into the header channel.

Once I was done with getting the front secure, I pulled the staps tight and took it for a spin. Within 15 minutes the rear straps gave way and the top flaied about. Pulled over, got all the straps tight again as best I could. Still flapped around like a flag in a breeze, I ended up using zip ties to hold it in place to get home - still dont know a permanent fix for this issue. The nylon straps feel cheap (think a childs $10 backpack) and are so thin they work themselves loose - also see through. Im going to run a fiberglass rod throught the rear to make it more rigid and less likely to flap arould.

The stitching is bad. The overall fabric is OEM feel and look so thats the only plus.

Bestop should be ashamed and embarrassed for the products they peddle to proud American Jeep owners. They cut every corner they can to get maximum profit, all while sticking it to you! We have to bend over and take it in the *** from Bestop because what other choice do we have - they are the factory supplier. Cant run around topless 100% of the year. We will just have to deal with it because we are ****ed till something better comes along!

dendavid
dendavid's Reviews
06-09-2012, 02:25 AM
Price: $350.00
Pros: very good price/quality
Cons: not water proof
Recommended? Yes

Comments: excellent buy , would do i again , to bad its not waterproof (there's a huge gap between doors and rollbar.)

BoutThemDawgs
BoutThemDawgs's Reviews
05-28-2012, 02:33 AM
Price: $120.00
Pros: looks great and keeps the sun off of you while at long stops
Cons: have to tighten it down extremely tight to keep it from flapping like crazy while driving
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Just recently put on jeep and it works great, the only real problem is how tight you have to get this thing to keep it from violently flapping up and down while driving down the road

sockethead
sockethead's Reviews
05-08-2012, 12:13 PM
Price: $90.00
Pros: looks good
Cons: hard plastic channel on top does not fit very well.
Recommended? No

Comments: instructions that came with it are very minimal. the channel that bolts to the window frame is outstanding, fits great. the top its self has a hard plastic piece that goes into the channel that you bolt to the window frame. it does not fit very well. there is what appears to be excessive material that makes it very difficult to get the top tight. it took several trys with it left out in the sun to get it acceptable.

sjones26573

GO GOATS!
sjones26573's Reviews
01-13-2012, 12:25 AM
Price: $96.99
Pros: Great top
Cons: Hard to get the front to stay in channel, long
Recommended? Yes

Comments: It is difficult to get the front to stay in the channel, because the channel is curved, but the plastic doesnt want to, and because the plastic is slightly wider than the channel on the sides. My entire top also seems long. It hangs down the back of the roll bar almost 6", making it hard to see out the back. I thought at first i had recieved an LJ top, but all the paperwork said TJ.

rt4422

rt4422's Reviews
12-28-2011, 12:46 AM
Price: $75.00
Pros: Looks great, provides shade and yet still keeps the jeep open
Cons: Takes about 45minutes to put on
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I put this top on for all of my trail rides, great top.

Runningbeaver
Runningbeaver's Reviews
07-04-2011, 10:07 PM
Price: $49.00
Pros: easy to install
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: gets the job done

robbyb413
robbyb413's Reviews
02-18-2011, 04:50 PM
Price: $60.00
Pros: Easy to install bikini top for covering front and rear seat passengers
Cons: None that I can think of
Recommended? Yes

Comments: There's not a lot to say - it's a good top that seems pretty durable and good at it's job.

GruntMarine
GruntMarine's Reviews
12-21-2010, 08:04 PM
Price: $1.00
Pros: Love the set
Recommended? Yes

Comments: bikini top, rear cover and strap on rear window. Great summer time or trail top

Buddy_YJ
Buddy_YJ's Reviews
12-13-2010, 11:32 PM
Price: $25.00
Pros: works good
Recommended? Yes

Comments: mine is kind of torn in places and missing buckles.

doliss
doliss's Reviews
07-01-2010, 01:57 PM
Price: $106.98
Pros: very easy install
Recommended? Yes

Comments: prices:
Targa style mesh top: $56.99
Windshield channel header (required): $49.99

The channel is very easy to work with, a couple mins to put the brackets onto it with supplied hardware. The tops just connect to the header with snaps.

Tighten down the center channel then connect the straps to the bars/speaker mount, tighten the straps and you're set. about 15-20 mins to put it on.

works great to keep the sun off you and the seats on those hot sunny days. very noticable difference in temp with and without it. The mesh doesn't restrict airflow as much as the solid tops and also keeps the flapping down to almost none. love this top

akordboy

akordboy's Reviews
05-07-2010, 11:47 AM
Price: $70.00
Pros: 
Cons: 
Recommended? Yes

Comments:

tearlenb
tearlenb's Reviews
04-06-2010, 10:34 AM
Price: $60.00
Pros: easy to install, good material
Cons: doesn't cover all the way back to the trunk, isn't snug to roll bars
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This is made of great material. I got the no-drill header, and it installed in under 5 minutes. This looks great, and gives you the feel of topless but with protection against rain, leaves, and various falling debris.

TennesseeTJ02

TennesseeTJ02's Reviews
02-02-2010, 02:36 AM
Price: $250.00
Pros: Its a bikini top!
Cons: loud while you drive
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Its a great top to put on during the summer.

flea2107
flea2107's Reviews
08-24-2009, 10:21 PM
Price: $1.00
Pros: Shade in the sun
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Makes me look good.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 > Last »