Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Body > Tops > Bestop Halftop 1992-1995 YJ

Spartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREESpartan Locker Special Forum Prices Dana 30 44 60 Ford 8.8Steinjager TJ tube doors

Bestop Halftop 1992-1995 YJ Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Tops Next Product

Bestop Halftop 1992-1995 YJ

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $1,000.00
Average Price: $506.14
Manufacturer: Bestop
Recommended?
Yes: 7 / No: 1

The Bestop Halftop combines the best features of the popular Bikini®, Windjammer™ and Duster™ Deck Cover to completely seal off the cockpit from exposure to the elements.

Convenient fold-back sunroof for open-air driving enjoyment.
Zip out rear window, built in mesh screen for maximum ventilation.
For appearance and durability, the premium fabric maintains shape in any temperature.
Fabric is mildew-resistant, contains UV inhibitors and is offered in factory original colors.
Patented Belt-Rail™ attachment system allows fast, easy installation.
Hardware on select applications is treated & powder-coated for rust resistance for long life.
Tailgate bar allows tailgate to open without opening rear window for trouble-free access.
Industrial strength thread ensures durable soft top construction.
Kit includes soft top and hardware.
Fits with a variety of Bestop door kits; sold separately.
One-year limited warranty.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

RATIII
RATIII's Reviews
08-06-2012, 11:24 AM
Price: $623.00
Pros: Quality
Cons: Can't use back seat without removing the entire top.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: As with all of our other purchases of Bestop products we are very happy with the quality. We love the look of a Halftop and this is a perfect top for our Jeep since we don't use the rear seat very much. On those nice days when we do want to ride with "the top down" the fold-back sunroof is awesome and if we do decide to remove the top, deinstallation/installation is done in 5 minutes flat.

Nick_Knipp

Nick_Knipp's Reviews

02-05-2011, 09:19 PM
Price: $800.00
Pros: nice look improved heat and stereo sound top opens up
Cons: price too high installation was a hassle not good for rain (pools) cant use backseat poorly made (china)
Recommended? No

Comments: i didnt like it at all besides the looks. its starting to feel like a safety hazard driving on I75 with this thing on. installation was such a hassle, i had to drill too much and do my own directions so itll fit. i cant even use it in the rain, cause it collects pools of water real quick which makes the ride even worse (stretching the fabric) and i cant even use the backseat

im sending it back to get my 800 bucks, not worth the hassle.

beachrusso

beachrusso's Reviews

09-19-2008, 01:57 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: You have to have a hardtop i dont care where you live and what kind of driving you do mine goes on in Oct or Nov and stay untill April

ekoms

ekoms's Reviews

05-02-2008, 09:38 PM
Price: $530.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Asides from windshield header install issues Its great, well made & its the halftop for 97-02.
http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/ItemBrowse/c-10101/s-10101/p-100000194130/mediaCode-ZX/appId-10525944/Pr-p_CATENTRY_ID:10000019413010525944

westzionrv
westzionrv's Reviews

04-14-2008, 07:09 PM
Price: $50.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: holding up so far.

I think they should put a think insulator inside (underside) of the tops to reduce noise and flap. Think of a really thick Truck Windshield Sun Screen (the type you put in cars during the summer to reflect heat). I am going to try that on my safari top and see how it works.

95yjbrowny

95yjbrowny's Reviews

03-20-2008, 04:39 PM
Price: $150.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: ok

D_osteen
D_osteen's Reviews

02-25-2008, 08:08 PM
Price: $1,000.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: not bad

Eric_D
Eric_D's Reviews

11-17-2006, 11:27 AM
Price: $390.00
Pros: Seals cockpit better than bikini/duster/jammer combo.
Cons: Relatively Expense
Recommended? Yes

Comments: -I got a good price on this from an ebay store, but the retail price I've seen is $500-$600.
-Installation is a little bit of a pain.
-The installation instructions have a few glitches; the door surround brackets which bolt to the top of the belt rail are pictured backwards; the step which addresses the measurement from the top of the windshield to the top of the tailgate is stupid--you can't change that measurement without screwing up the angle of the windshield and the top of the door.
-Requires supertop rounded corner doors or full hard doors.
-The overall design is very nice. The tonneau portion is very tight and you can tension the center to create an arch which sheds water well.
-The flip top is cool, but I think the design of the door surround seal to accomodate the flip top is sloppy, and could be a lot better.
-The rear window with mesh screen design is nice; keeps leaves and debris from blowing in while parked. The mesh is a little more difficult to see through.
-Overall though, it seals up the cockpit pretty well, better than the bikini/duster/jammer combo, and the flip top gets you quick open air driving.