User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back > Reviews > Body > Tops > Bestop Halftop 1992-1995 YJ

50" LED CREE Light Bar Pair With Wiring KitIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy/Currie Aluminum Control Arms

Bestop Halftop 1992-1995 YJ Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  CB & Ham Radios
  Axle Shafts
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Throttle Body
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Previous Product Tops Next Product

Bestop Halftop 1992-1995 YJ

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: |

Product Information

MSRP: $1,000.00
Average Price: $506.14
Manufacturer: Bestop
Yes: 7 / No: 1

The Bestop Halftop combines the best features of the popular Bikini®, Windjammer™ and Duster™ Deck Cover to completely seal off the cockpit from exposure to the elements.

Convenient fold-back sunroof for open-air driving enjoyment.
Zip out rear window, built in mesh screen for maximum ventilation.
For appearance and durability, the premium fabric maintains shape in any temperature.
Fabric is mildew-resistant, contains UV inhibitors and is offered in factory original colors.
Patented Belt-Rail™ attachment system allows fast, easy installation.
Hardware on select applications is treated & powder-coated for rust resistance for long life.
Tailgate bar allows tailgate to open without opening rear window for trouble-free access.
Industrial strength thread ensures durable soft top construction.
Kit includes soft top and hardware.
Fits with a variety of Bestop door kits; sold separately.
One-year limited warranty.

Login or Register to Add Review

RATIII's Reviews
08-06-2012, 11:24 AM
Price: $623.00
Pros: Quality
Cons: Can't use back seat without removing the entire top.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: As with all of our other purchases of Bestop products we are very happy with the quality. We love the look of a Halftop and this is a perfect top for our Jeep since we don't use the rear seat very much. On those nice days when we do want to ride with "the top down" the fold-back sunroof is awesome and if we do decide to remove the top, deinstallation/installation is done in 5 minutes flat.

Nick_Knipp's Reviews

02-05-2011, 09:19 PM
Price: $800.00
Pros: nice look improved heat and stereo sound top opens up
Cons: price too high installation was a hassle not good for rain (pools) cant use backseat poorly made (china)
Recommended? No

Comments: i didnt like it at all besides the looks. its starting to feel like a safety hazard driving on I75 with this thing on. installation was such a hassle, i had to drill too much and do my own directions so itll fit. i cant even use it in the rain, cause it collects pools of water real quick which makes the ride even worse (stretching the fabric) and i cant even use the backseat

im sending it back to get my 800 bucks, not worth the hassle.

beachrusso's Reviews

09-19-2008, 01:57 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: You have to have a hardtop i dont care where you live and what kind of driving you do mine goes on in Oct or Nov and stay untill April

ekoms's Reviews

05-02-2008, 09:38 PM
Price: $530.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Asides from windshield header install issues Its great, well made & its the halftop for 97-02.

westzionrv's Reviews

04-14-2008, 07:09 PM
Price: $50.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: holding up so far.

I think they should put a think insulator inside (underside) of the tops to reduce noise and flap. Think of a really thick Truck Windshield Sun Screen (the type you put in cars during the summer to reflect heat). I am going to try that on my safari top and see how it works.

95yjbrowny's Reviews

03-20-2008, 04:39 PM
Price: $150.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: ok

D_osteen's Reviews

02-25-2008, 08:08 PM
Price: $1,000.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: not bad

Eric_D's Reviews

11-17-2006, 11:27 AM
Price: $390.00
Pros: Seals cockpit better than bikini/duster/jammer combo.
Cons: Relatively Expense
Recommended? Yes

Comments: -I got a good price on this from an ebay store, but the retail price I've seen is $500-$600.
-Installation is a little bit of a pain.
-The installation instructions have a few glitches; the door surround brackets which bolt to the top of the belt rail are pictured backwards; the step which addresses the measurement from the top of the windshield to the top of the tailgate is stupid--you can't change that measurement without screwing up the angle of the windshield and the top of the door.
-Requires supertop rounded corner doors or full hard doors.
-The overall design is very nice. The tonneau portion is very tight and you can tension the center to create an arch which sheds water well.
-The flip top is cool, but I think the design of the door surround seal to accomodate the flip top is sloppy, and could be a lot better.
-The rear window with mesh screen design is nice; keeps leaves and debris from blowing in while parked. The mesh is a little more difficult to see through.
-Overall though, it seals up the cockpit pretty well, better than the bikini/duster/jammer combo, and the flip top gets you quick open air driving.