Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Body > Tops > Bestop 2-Piece Doors forJeep Wrangler 97-06 Part Number 51789

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Bestop 2-Piece Doors forJeep Wrangler 97-06 Part Number 51789 Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Tops Next Product

Bestop 2-Piece Doors forJeep Wrangler 97-06 Part Number 51789

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $400.00
Average Price: $418.66
Manufacturer: Bestop
Recommended?
Yes: 5 / No: 0

2-Piece Soft Jeep doors provide protection from the elements while offering the versatility of just a lower soft door. Soft Upper Doors are also available to replace lost or damaged factory Jeep doors.
2-Piece Door kits are the most versatile doors on the market and offer:

* Passenger and driver side upper and lower complete with Rotary or Paddle Handler kits.
* Compatible with Supertop®, Sunrider®, and Halftop™.
* Snug fit is ensured by using adjustable lower door pins and door collars.
* Velcro to fasten upper and lower doors together.
* Double-bulb weather stripping surrounds the door to facilitate a good seal.
* Exterior fabric color matches Bestop and factory original soft tops.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

orangecrush03
orangecrush03's Reviews

02-29-2012, 08:52 PM
Price: $476.00
Pros: Ability to take off and on, throw in back.
Cons: Don’t fit worth a damn.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I ordered a set of doors. The box came incomplete, it was missing hardware and was open.... not Besttops fault but that was once.

Got second box in. Adjusted, bent and twisted frame to make door fit. Door was too short to fill opening and the rubber seal was almost 1/2” away from the frame.

The pass. door handle would open but when you closed the door, the flap of the handle would stay open even if the door was closed.

Vendor ordered third set. The top halves were so tall that you couldn’t close the doors. Had to remove the lock spacers that attach to the prongs on the upper half just to make it lower enough to close the door. At least this set fits the frame and keeps the water out.

The rubber seal catches on the hard top. I imagine it won’t be long before it gets torn. There is no adjustment to fix that problem. The doors are so difficult to open from the inside, I have to go around and open the door for my wife, she can’t pull the latch it’s so tight.

I get that this is a jeep. I’m not looking for the doors to fit like my hard doors, I get it... I’m in the bodyshop business, I fit doors all day long but for what these doors cost, I’m extremely disappointed. I had bought these doors yeaaars ago and never had this problem. I wonder if it’s because Bestop outsources their work now... dunno.

Would I recommend them, yes... only because there are no other alternatives. Do I think the quality is poor, yes, definitely needs improvement.

v0cifer8
v0cifer8's Reviews

01-07-2009, 05:11 PM
Price: $379.99
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I LOVE the lower half of these doors! They're sturdy, the cloth is tough, and the map pocket is helpful... The upper half, though, could use a bit of improvement. They're every bit as tough as the lower halves, but with even a mild wind, going over 45MPH can make them flap like bird wings! Again, it depends on the wind, but maybe they should consider some kind of strap to go around the roll bar to keep them in place...

djt283

djt283's Reviews

08-10-2008, 12:57 PM
Price: $400.00
Pros: -Take them off, throw 'em in the back..that's IT.
Cons: -Handles are ABSOLUTE GARBAGE. -Frame is so flimsy they don't stay closed on the highway -Leaked like crazy...I had to seal the seam on $400 doors.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great to be able to have the doors with me in the back at all times. That said, all I ask of Jeep doors is they stay closed, I can open them to get out, and they don't leak...Fail, Fail, Fail. Granted, Bestop did replace the handles with the exact same crap ones at no cost to me but they just don't work. The outside latch bends and fails to work. They rust like crazy. Also, the more you bend them to keep the top tight, the worse the handles are. No matter what, the tops flap open on the highway. They also leak A LOT through every stitch of every seam. For the price, they should not leak through the seams (my top doesn't).

Overall, if they weren't so convenient, I'd say they are junk. I put up with them because they fit in the back and match my top...that's it.

I'm only saying "Yes" to the "Would you recommend this product" question because it's the only option for what they are and that's worth it...I guess.

BKhv25
BKhv25's Reviews

02-28-2008, 04:16 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: good but windows got a little old and hard to see out of

Grewe02

Guns > Swords
Grewe02's Reviews

10-24-2007, 03:39 AM
Pros: Very light weight, great for throwing in the back seat or trunk
Cons: Fit is not perfect, flapps heavily above 45 MPH, very very very noisy.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have had these doors for well over a month now. I would definitely recommend them, just for the sheer convenience they provide. They flap horribly in any wind above 45 MPH, and it seems as if they weren't exactly made for the TJs door frame. There was lots of bending and stretching to make these fit.

Now, over a month later, both door latch mechanisms are damn near broke. When opened from the outside, the latch somehow does not open all the way, and when you shut the door, it slams on the outside of the latch instead of actually catching the door jamb and latching. Both the inside and outside handles must be opened at the same time to fix the latch, then the door shut again. Very annoying. I have not yet called BesTop about this yet, but figure on doing so once they totally crap out on me.