Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Body > Fender Flares > Xenon TJ Style Fender Flare Set

Official Chassis Saver Rust Preventive Truck & Auto UnRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!1999-2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Headlight Pair

Xenon TJ Style Fender Flare Set Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Fender Flares Next Product

Xenon TJ Style Fender Flare Set

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

Average Price: $296.40
Manufacturer: Xenon
Recommended?
Yes: 5 / No: 1

Quadratec Description (12510.41):

Give your 87-95 Wrangler a unique look with these TJ style extended fender flares by Xenon. These flares will bolt directly onto the Jeep with no drilling or alterations needed. Provides plenty of coverage for those larger tires. We have conveniently included new side marker lens to this complete flare set. Comes with front fender extensions. Made from black flexible urethane and can be painted to match the vehicle or left alone. Will not fit 91-93 Renegades. Limited Lifetime Warranty

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

jeep4life88
jeep4life88's Reviews
02-11-2012, 07:40 PM
Price: $450.00
Pros: convers whole wheel to block mud slinging. looks awsome
Cons: to wide. should be a LED turn signal
Recommended? Yes

Comments: 6" xenon flat style flares

klikkid3
klikkid3's Reviews
06-10-2011, 12:36 PM
Price: $250.00
Pros: Perfect fit
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great product, gives the jeep a great look

drandersoninc

drandersoninc's Reviews

01-01-2010, 01:49 PM
Price: $315.00
Pros: - Extended fender height is great - Cost is significantly less than other flare options of this type - Easily paintable (although that is almost the cost of the flares themselves, be aware)
Cons: Cons: - Install - Install - Install
Recommended? No

Comments: Bolt On Install? Don't Believe It...

After 6 hours I just completed the 1-2 hour install time estimated for these flares - and I'm actually pretty mechanically inclined.

I received the flares, they were packaged well. I took them out and did rough line ups on my Jeep and they looked pretty good. Sent them off for painting and they came back matching to the Jeep like it came from the factory. I'm pretty happy up to this point.

The first step is to intall the side marker lights. I followed all the instructions to a T, and most of it was fairly straightforward. The last part was where I started encountering troubles, and it was a sign of things to come. The side marker lights screw into what they call 'posts' - basically they are two raised bumps of excess polyurethane - and they are not predrilled, nor can you easily predrill them given their recessed location. The side marker backer is supposed to simply screw in, but the posts were so hard that was nearly impossible. And to boot the predrilled holes on the backer didn't line up with the posts - this was to be a continued issue going forward. After much elbow grease I finally got the screws to thread and got the lights installed to the flare. So now I think the hard part is over. Not even close as it turns out.

I go to put the first rear flare on, bolts on relatively well - this lulled me into a false sense of security as his brothers had no intention of going on without a fight. The next rear didn't line up at all. I had to install one screw as an achor, then flex and bend every other screw hole to get it to align. I'm hoping that continued torque pressure won't cause me issues in the future.

The fronts were even more ridiculous. While polyurethane is a very durable material, it is also evidently very difficult to get it to stay in the intended form after it is cured. The inner side of the flare not only didn't line up on the screw holes again, but actually curled away from the fender sheet metal - so much so that I couldn't get the screws to thread. After numerous unsuccessful attempts I finally got a bottle jack to push the flare up into position and hold it, and then vice grips to pull the flare inside closer to the sheet metal. And I had to do this for almost every single screw hole. When it was finally on I again thought the worst was over so I completed the wiring of the side marker lights per instructions (and confirming the proper wiring on the Jeep Factory Service Manual). Turned on the lights. Nothing. Front marker lights are lit no issue, nothing on the flare marker lights. I disconnect the wires and validate there is juice coming to the marker light - there is. After the hassle of getting the 3 flares on to this point I have 0 desire to a) remove the flare b) remove the side marker lamp c) dissassemble the side marker lamp (which is now sealed with silicone sealant per the instructions). I simply couldn't justify another 1-2 hours on that field trip.

The last flare was just like the one above only twice as bad on the alignment. Even with the bottle jack and vice grips it refused to line up. I spent at least 15 minutes per hole coaxing it into position before it roughly fit. Didn;t even bother trying the side marker lamp - just taped it up and called it a day.

Bolt on application? Only if you consider walking across the state of Texas as an evening stroll.

Things I would recommend if you choose to buy:
1) Take the side marker lamps, wire them, and test them inside the existing Jeep fender first. Only after they light there should you assemble, seal, and integrate them into the flare fully
2) Don't underestimate the time. Mine was 3-4 times what I expected
3) Be ready (and have the tools) to adjust and align these on the fly - I sincerely doubt other will line up that much better.

charlestrm

charlestrm's Reviews
11-21-2009, 11:13 AM
Price: $50.00
Pros: makes the jeep look bigger (wider), and keeps your jeep relatively clean when off roading
Cons: friends make fun of the "bat wings"
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I like them, friends make fun of the wide fenders but when I put 14's under them, I don't think that will be the case

DeL2000
DeL2000's Reviews
06-03-2009, 02:02 PM
Price: $417.00
Pros: Easy to install, using factory hardwares, firm and durable
Cons: Installation of light a little difficult to limited space for screws
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I've used the Bushwacker Pocket Style Flare and wasn't too impressed with it, therefore changed to the Xenon Flat Fender Flares 6", was very easy to install using factory hardwares and the flares were very strong and durable. The only problem was the light installation, wasn't very easy to install onto the flare as the spacing was very limited. It would have been nice if they placed a snap on light to it, rather than screw it to the flare, much more convienient!

crankyhobo

crankyhobo's Reviews

03-11-2009, 04:25 PM
Xenon TJ Style Fender Flare Set
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Pretty Pleased with these flares. I had some difficulty with install however they have lasted well with minimal scratches and tarnishing in unpainted form in the past two years, they still look good.