Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Body > Fender Flares > Xenon Flat Fender Style Flares

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Xenon Flat Fender Style Flares Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Fender Flares Next Product

Xenon Flat Fender Style Flares

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $497.00
Average Price: $404.15
Manufacturer: Xenon
Recommended?
Yes: 43 / No: 2

Does anyone no if these fender flares are the same pattern on the jeep as the stock flares. I have body armor on the back corners. Thanks

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 > Last

cdnroadwarrior
cdnroadwarrior's Reviews

05-07-2014, 09:09 PM
Price: $753.00
Pros: Gives more clearance for bigger tires. Seems flexible enough in case it rubs. Mine provided 1.6" wider than stock.
Cons: Finish is laughable and product is overprice for the quality level. Instructions are also lacking details. Drilling is required for the rear fenders and the "rivet tool" is dangerous for your paint job. I had to do a few trips to the store because of the incomplete and unsatisfactory hardware provided.
Recommended? No

Comments: Mine was the 1.6" wider than stock for the JK. It covered the 305/70R16 BFG AT's completely, with 4" of B.S.

I copied this from another review as it is dead on:

Xenon gives you most of the parts for the side marker lamps (really cheesy) but you still have to assemble them, supply a length of wire and a connector, and you have to drill the posts in the fender wells to screw them in. For what you pay for these fenders, they should provide completely assembled side marker lamps, with proper wiring, and drilled the mounting posts in the flares. These posts are difficult to drill and I don't know what remedy you have should you screw one up. Finish of the flares is sub-par. Most of the flashing from the molding process is ground off on the inside of the flares but the openings for the side marker lamps are not real clean - I took an exacto knife to mine and improved them considerably. Again, for the price, you shouldn't have to do this. I did not have any trouble fitting my fenders to the jeep and the holes all lines up pretty well. There is a little room for adjustment and the flares can be flexed pretty well into position before you tighten them down.

I can't imagine why Xenon is still in business selling crap like this, there has to be better options out there.

BadJohnny
BadJohnny's Reviews
04-06-2013, 09:17 PM
Price: $424.00
Pros: Flat, D.O.T. Light, simple to install
Cons: Seems like they could have done better with the side light. Perhaps a simple L.E.D. set-up or a bracket that reused the factory bulb holder.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Just installed them, They look great. The material seems as flexible and strong as the stock parts. If are not ready to do a true fender swap these might be just what your looking for. I chose these over the Bushwackers because they installed like the stock parts and I think they have factory fit and finished look to them.

Kuntryboy816
Kuntryboy816's Reviews
07-05-2012, 08:38 AM
Price: $450.00
Pros: great styling tough but pliable
Cons: marker lights
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I love the look that these flat flares give my YJ. The material that they are made of is tough to hold it's shape but also pliable enough to give when hitting an obstacle that they won't tear away from your fender. The only downside to these is way the marker lights are mounted. It has a retaining strip that is made out of the same material as the flare. If you don't use a high quality screw that will not rust or strip out you will have to cut the retaining strip out to replace the marker bulb. I had to cut it out and then fab up a mount out of L brackets that screwed into the hard plastic form on the underside of the flare.

sahara_tj
sahara_tj's Reviews

03-14-2011, 01:00 PM
Price: $370.00
Pros: Good looks, Tough plastic, a little extra clearance
Cons: have to re-use factory mounting hardware (plastic nutplates on TJ), flares sag slightly after being exposed to prolonged sunlight
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Flare gave me a little extra clearance, which was the main thing I liked. Currently run 35's on 1.25"BL with 2.5" suspension lift and have no clearance problems.

capnsilver

capnsilver's Reviews
03-12-2011, 01:47 PM
Price: $437.00
Pros: looks are awsome
Cons: just for looks, doesnt give you any extra tire clearance
Recommended? Yes

Comments: easy install and again... cant beat the look

cushtech
cushtech's Reviews
02-02-2011, 11:12 AM
Price: $360.00
Pros: Flexible, durable material.
Cons: Installation requires patience.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: After looking at the Bushwhacker and Smittybilt flares I decided to go with a set that isn't made out of hard plastic. The Xenons are a nice set of flares that do the job and won't crack. The tapered ends look nice but allow a lot of spray to kick up on the side of the jeep. Not a deal breaker but worthy to note. I suggest installing these on a warm, sunny day so that the flares are soft and pliable. Installation instructions are minimal, side markers can sometimes be a pain to screw down, no mounting hardware included.

ROADDOG516
ROADDOG516's Reviews
12-25-2010, 05:54 AM
Price: $375.00
Pros: look great very strong plastic
Cons: for the price disappointed with the included front fender turn signal
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Overall very happy with looks and added wheel clearance. Very disapointed with front turn signal thats included. First it is very cheap construction and poor design thats has use assembel the light and wire it, this could have easily been done by xenon. Second you have to drill holes into plastic to mount the light which should have been done by xenon. Finally very disapointed that I had to drill holes in the fender flares to mount them on the rear because two holes on them werent even close to the factory body holes. But overall I would def buy this product again just wanted to give honest opinion.

bassnmick

bassnmick's Reviews
09-21-2010, 11:56 PM
Price: $435.00
Pros: Great look, cover my 12.5 wide tires. Very functional.
Cons: Running light installation not good
Recommended? Yes

Comments: These 6 inch flat style fender flares do what they are designed to do quite well. For the most part they seem to be well built and were relatively easy to install using factory hardware. I did feel that the running light mounting set up is pretty rinky-dink considering the price of these flares. The fact that the customer has to supply wire and electrical connectors seemed a little ghetto as well. In addition some of the screws used to mount the running lamps were missing from the kit. All in all the flairs are a nice looking, very functional addition to my jeep. I just think for the price the running light setup should be much nicer and the kit should include everything needed to complete the installation.

weldonfoto
weldonfoto's Reviews

05-12-2010, 02:27 PM
Price: $340.00
Pros: inexpensive compared to metal tube fenders (when you consider cost of all four). Pretty much direct bolt on. Better tire clearance. Aggressive look. Flexible.
Cons: Too high priced considering fair to poor fit and finish. Look like they will scuff easily - should be matte finish instead of smooth/gloss. Side markers are a joke - fenders are not drilled for them and are not easy to drill, you have to supply wire and connector. Instructions are not very good. We'll see how they hold up over time.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I gave this product a YES recommendation only because there are not really any comparable options out there for YJ owners without spending more $$ and/or having to do a little more fabrication/modification of fender wells, etc. Xenon gives you most of the parts for the side marker lamps (really cheesy) but you still have to assemble them, supply a length of wire and a connector, and you have to drill the posts in the fender wells to screw them in. For what you pay for these fenders, they should provide completely assembled side marker lamps, with proper wiring, and drilled the mounting posts in the flares. These posts are difficult to drill and I don't know what remedy you have should you screw one up. Finish of the flares is sub-par. Most of the flashing from the molding process is ground off on the inside of the flares but the openings for the side marker lamps are not real clean - I took an exacto knife to mine and improved them considerably. Again, for the price, you shouldn't have to do this. I did not have any trouble fitting my fenders to the jeep and the holes all lines up pretty well. There is a little room for adjustment and the flares can be flexed pretty well into position before you tighten them down. The lower most holes on the rear flares are the only ones not even close to the original holes - I'm guessing they are drilled this way (further out) so that those with TJ fender openings can trim the inside of the flares and mount them. For stock yj mounting, I just drilled new holes where needed and no problem. I really wanted Metalcloak flares and, if the Xenons (which really do all I need for now) last me until I can afford to splurge and get those, I'll be happy enough with them.

weldonfoto
weldonfoto's Reviews

05-01-2010, 12:47 AM
Price: $340.00
Pros: Cheaper than tube flares/fenders and provide extra tire clearance.
Cons: Haven't found any yet except that they are not Metalcloak fenders/flares.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I bought these for my YJ because I was adding bigger tires and needed the clearance. Were money no object, I would have preferred to go with Metalcloak flares. However, these will do the job nicely and I still like the look of them. Time will tell how well they hold up. I plan on leaving them black rather than painting them.

AmarekA
AmarekA's Reviews
04-25-2010, 06:35 PM
Pros: Love the openness of the wheel wells now.
Cons: Came missing hardware, one flare wasn't drilled and was rather warped.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I love the look of the flares, and the functionality of the more open wheel wells is great. Plus the added tire coverage keeps tire spray more contained. When I received them though, they were missing hardware, one flare was not drilled at all and another was very warped and needed heat to be properly shaped.

VanBCguy

Web Wheeler
VanBCguy's Reviews

04-07-2010, 05:59 PM
Price: $500.00
Pros: Excellent fit, flexible, extra clearance, built in marker lights
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: 6" on a TJ with D44's front and rear. 12.5" wide tires. Perfect coverage to abide by the law. I can't recommend these enough. They look great, they provide extra "stuffing" room, they're flexible, have built in marker lights, fit well and easily.

The only one thing I'd like to see Xenon do is to make them like a hi-line fender and not have the 45* angle at the front. That way you can have a slightly better approach angle. But hey, that's just me.

Good job Craig!

jeepinmichguy_

I haz ah Geep
jeepinmichguy_'s Reviews
03-30-2010, 07:50 PM
Price: $400.00
Pros: tire clearance, looks, bolt on easy
Cons: hand cut, lights
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I purchased these for my wifes TJ in the 4 inch variety. Lets just say for $00 i expected more. The lights were a pain in the you know what to install and the clips for the wires were junk. they are clearly hand cut so not perfest and needed to and a lil trimmed off and sanded down for perfection. We should have just went with front tubes for the hassle.

crawler86
crawler86's Reviews
03-23-2010, 01:22 PM
Price: $200.00
Pros: gain a true wheel well spacing. Give a rugged look but leaves room for flex w/out rub on flares.
Cons: tires still stick out pretty far. but that's what inspection tires are for ;-)
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Made out of a solid material. They have held up great so far. I have no major complaints.

troykemnitz
troykemnitz's Reviews

02-28-2010, 12:02 PM
Price: $400.00
Pros: look good at first ,easy install
Cons: had a set on my last yj and they started to droop and bend in the arizona heat, only the f5ront ones the back ones kept shape, expected more or better quality for the price i paid but found out $400 onley gets you substandard quality
Recommended? No

Comments: would not recomend, substandard quality,better off getting tube fenders with 3" flare instead of wasting your time with these as they dont hold up to heat so if you wheel in a hot state such as az you will not be happy with them unless you like drooping and sagging fender flares that are suppose to be straight

D-Rob
D-Rob's Reviews
02-10-2010, 12:06 AM
Pros: Good looks and CLEARANCE
Cons: Front flares sagged...expensive.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Look great and you get a ton of clearance for bigger tires...easy! The front flares started to sag and had to put mounts under them to make them look right. The one other con is that there a little pricey.

aoudad
aoudad's Reviews
02-09-2010, 10:29 PM
Price: $371.00
Pros: Looks awesome
Cons: N/A
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Needs a few alterations to make them fit. But worth it.

scott5star

scott5star's Reviews
10-26-2009, 12:46 PM
Price: $480.00
Pros: Great looking and easy to install
Cons: None yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Makes the Jeep look like it is lifted higher that it actually is and gives a great stance and tire clearance. Painting the Jeep in a week or so and will let you know how they hold paint

TJ-xtreme
TJ-xtreme's Reviews
07-14-2009, 10:32 AM
Price: $352.99
Pros: allows more tire clearance without adding more lift or trimming...
Cons: lights are a pain, had to redrill a couple holes to custom fit to my rocker guards....
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I got a great deal from 4wd.com and had them in less than a week. they look great and allow you to not only fit 35's with only 3" of lift but they allow you to wheel 35's without the worry of rubbing... BTW, I have the 4" flares not the 6"

MelloYello32
MelloYello32's Reviews
06-16-2009, 09:46 PM
Price: $550.00
Pros: great looks, paintable, great looks in the mud.
Cons: pricey.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: look better than tube fenders that everyone else runs.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 > Last