Recommended Yes: 19 / No: 6

Get the Bushwacker look for cheap!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Price $239
Rating 1
Recommended no

Comments: Good look, no drill necessary on my TJ. Warped a bit in the winter however . . .

*****UPDATE*****
These P.O.S. flares are disintegrating before my very eyes! Can't wait to replace them with Warn Trail Flares.

#4 ·
Rating 4
Pros Cheap, look great, cover 35"s
Recommended yes

Comments: i love mine, they look good and allow for some fender trimming to better accommodate 35"x12.5x15 MTs
plastic is flimsy but not brittle
would recommend

#9 · (Edited)
Price $220
Rating 2
Pros They look good, But
Cons busted easily
Recommended no

Comments: I went mudding and got rocks in the tires. Pulled onto the paved road, a rock flew off into the fender, breaking it. Next time I will go slower at first. I did get another flare sent free from Smittybuilt after a few phone calls.

#10 ·
Price $200
Rating 2
Pros Looks good.
Cons Cracks easily. Exposes scratches.
Recommended no

Comments: The flares cracked within two months of use and I don't go searching for rocks to climb or anything like that. The factory flares leave big scratches as well and these flares do not cover these marks entirely.

#12 ·
Price $240
Pros Cheap for 6" Aggressive Look
Cons People say they break easily, Brittle
Recommended yes

Comments: My front left fender was broken, so I opted to replace them all with these 6" flares. Plus my 31x10.5" tires were sticking out of the stock flares, so I figured it was a win/win.
These are flexible ABS plastic and look pretty much exactly like the Bushwackers. I hear the Bushwackers are a little more durable and less brittle. Mine are glossy black with texture. So far, I have had no issues with them, but I only do mild off-road stuff.
My installation kit was complete and needed no modification of any kind on my 1998 TJ.

#15 ·
Price $200
Pros Great fit looks great
Cons Nothing so far
Recommended yes

Comments: These were a great fit and easy to install. Only took me and my brother about two hours to install them. They not only made my Jeep look better but they work really great keeping my jeep clean from mud.

#18 ·
Price $218
Pros Look Great!
Cons Needed to drill a lot of holes.
Recommended yes

Comments: Very few holes lined up. On the rears only 3 of 8 lined up (and 1 of them had to be forced). I did not like the mounting hardware that came with it. It did not seem like it could take off-road abuse. I went to Home Depot and got larger allen bolts with locking nuts (they now match the hardware on my rocker guards).

Having said all that. . . . . I do like them and they look GREAT!!

#20 ·
Price $150
Rating 1
Pros They look nice?
Cons Poor quality. Grocery basket cracked the rear left one and part of a tire on the interstate ripped off the front right one. Majority of the holes did not line up right. Hardware it came with did not fit properly.
Recommended no

Comments: Save your money. Trim your stock ones. Use none. Just avoid these.

#21 ·
Price $160
Pros strong, lightweight, easy to install
Cons some of the screws are kinda hard to get to with the way the tubing is done on the flare but they wont come off when you finally get them on.
Recommended yes

Comments: Its actually the smittybilt tube flares for the rear of a TJ. I didnt think they would hold up to much if they caught tree limbs or whatever but ive laid the jeep on its side twice and drug it on the flares and even mounted to the body with just a few bolts, they didnt budge. very well worth the money.

#22 ·
Price $208
Pros LOOK GREAT! GREAT PRICE
Cons THE SMALL FLARE THAT GOES BEHIND THE FRONT FENDER DOES NOT LINE UP.. THE ANGLE IS WAY OFF. I WILL NOT BE INSTALLING THIS PART.
Recommended yes

Comments: THE SMALL FLARE THAT GOES BEHIND THE FRONT FENDER DOES NOT LINE UP.. THE ANGLE IS WAY OFF. I WILL NOT BE INSTALLING THIS PART.

#24 ·
Price $300
Pros Awesome love these flares 100% better then stock fenders
Cons Didn't like the rears as much only because had to drill 5 small holes for sheet metal screw to attach them
Recommended yes

Comments: Overall very happy with front and back. Bushwackers are stupid expensive and plastic

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.