Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Body > Fender Flares > Rugged Ridge Fender Flares

NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughHuge Soft top Sale

Rugged Ridge Fender Flares Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Fender Flares Next Product

Rugged Ridge Fender Flares

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $350.00
Average Price: $187.47
Manufacturer: Rugged Ridge
Recommended?
Yes: 13 / No: 2

stock fender flare replacements

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

A2SuperCrew
A2SuperCrew's Reviews
01-10-2014, 08:34 AM
Price: $236.00
Pros: Look great, and the sides of the Jeep stay clean longer.
Cons: Brittle in cold weather. Already cracked one.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Installation was tough due to my Michigan Jeep and it's rusty bolts. Once on, they look great and provide coverage for my 31's that slung dirt all over the sides of the Jeep with the stock flares. I like that my windows stay cleaner longer.

A little bummed that one of them has cracked. The plastic can be brittle in cold weather.

jbrown73

jbrown73's Reviews
08-15-2013, 07:50 PM
Price: $105.00
Pros: Easy installation; bolted right up without having to drill any new holes; great stock replacement
Cons: None so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This product is not designed for scraping against rocks, trees, and such. It is for those who do mild wheeling and want a stock look.

imfromtexas

imfromtexas's Reviews

10-02-2012, 10:06 PM
Price: $120.00
Pros: Look great compared to faded stock flairs, will work untill I upgrade to tube fenders
Cons: Already scratched up some, and a pain to get on and they don't line up perfectly or fit as we'll as the stock ones did
Recommended? No

Comments: A good product for the price, but if you are planning on just putting these on untill you can afford something else(like me), I would just keep the old faded ones on and save your money

Joshtjeep
Joshtjeep's Reviews
04-30-2012, 03:59 PM
Price: $150.00
Pros: dark, textured
Cons: not perfect fitment
Recommended? Yes

Comments: these fender flares are a great replacement for the stock oxidised gray faded fender flares. They are very dark and look great!

deanhasajeep
deanhasajeep's Reviews
04-24-2012, 05:59 PM
Price: $220.00
Pros: easy to install
Cons: made kind of cheap
Recommended? Yes

Comments: they are good sometimes but i have gone through 2 of them bc they break easly

jonnyb1984
jonnyb1984's Reviews
10-21-2011, 11:21 PM
Price: $241.00
Pros: Easy to install
Cons: PITA to get the stock fender flares off
Recommended? Yes

Comments: These went on very well. Tip to get the stuck bolts out, take a crowbar and a towel and stick it in between the fender flare and body and apply a little pressure. You'll either get enough grab that you can turn the bolt or the whole thing will pop out. There will be a little dimple, obviously, if you pull it out but the new fender flares should cover it up.

msduncan
msduncan's Reviews
06-15-2011, 11:37 AM
Price: $130.00
Pros: Factory look
Cons: Bolt holes might not fit all models. They did line up perfectly with my 2002 TJ though
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Gave it the new factory look again. The only issue you might have is removing and installing...because the Nutserts that Jeep uses makes it so that you have to gain access to the area behind the bolt to remove and install (by pulling the wheel well lining down).

bigtiny29
bigtiny29's Reviews
03-16-2011, 02:32 AM
Price: $260.00
Pros: verry easy to install,look great, and verry good installation instructions.
Cons: had to drill holes
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I rated this product excellent becouse the look great and were verry easy to install. I havent taken them off-road yet and I have only had them on a few weeks so if any future problems come up ill get back to you and let you know.

RCGJ

RCGJ's Reviews
02-06-2011, 05:52 PM
Price: $240.00
Pros: Works well
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: None

BlakJeep
BlakJeep's Reviews
01-02-2011, 04:42 PM
Price: $300.00
Pros: Came with everything needed to do the install, and gave me the coverage i needed for MD law with my 3.75 backspaced wheels and 32x11.5 Kumho's
Cons: Hard plastic that doesn't give at all, cheaply made, the holes didnt line up for installation, I had to bend a non bendable flare to just get them to line up as scary as it was it didnt crack or break
Recommended? No

Comments: These RR pocket flares are CHEAP, i bought them from a guy that didnt want them because they were worse than his expectations. The only reason I'm happy is bc I got a alright deal on them. I had to bend the hard plastic flares just to get the holes to line up. Once again Rugged Ridge proves to make cheap products for an expensive price. Oh and the side marker holes didn't line up, and I had no leftover plastic to drill new holes....what a POS!!!! somehow I managed to stuff them in there, not to easy though, definately go with Bushwacker if you are looking for pocket flares.

jeepguyjim
jeepguyjim's Reviews
06-13-2010, 04:41 AM
Price: $170.00
Pros: Covers my tires. 7 inch flares.
Cons: None yet besides had to cut back fenders to fit but it looks better.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: 7 inch flares cover my tires almost all the way and look a 1000% better.

+Crusader+

+Crusader+'s Reviews

09-28-2009, 09:09 AM
Pros: New and not faded; Inexpensive; look good
Cons: Driver side front fit better than passenger, but still pretty good.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Since I put these 'aftermarket replacement TJ flares' on my YJ I don't know how well they match the shape and size of the factory TJ flares???

Having said that, these did fit my need just fine. I lined 'em up, cut and drilled my tub, and mounted them right up. They are flexible enough to give without cracking, and they look much better than the factory YJ flares. With 33's the stock YJ flares looked way too small, but with these in place, the tires now look appropriately sized for the wheel opening.

My only two complaints are that the driver's side lined up with my fender a little better than the passenger side, but then again I have a sharp eye for such things. Most people wouldn't notice at all. Second complaint is that my full-meal-deal kit came with mounting hardware, which I used, but the kit didn't have any hardware for the sidemarker lenses. So I had to use wingnuts to fasten the TJ lenses on. Minor issue, but would have been better then having to improvise a solution.

My YJ is a garage kept Jeep and these have only been on a couple of months, so I can't speak regarding their fade resistance?

zachjeep

zachjeep's Reviews

03-27-2009, 11:40 PM
Price: $350.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: My old ones were toast so picked these up, just a little cleaning here to there and they are still staying nice and black, no uv spots or anything.

squirrelrocket
squirrelrocket's Reviews

12-07-2008, 09:37 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The fender flares fit very nicely, the only downside is they scuff extremely easy. Other than that I would purchase them again because they look more professional than krylon fusion.

Renegade79
Renegade79's Reviews

09-30-2008, 10:28 PM
Price: $50.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: they screw right on to the stock locations and look great compared to the faded originals