Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Body > Fender Flares > Rugged Ridge 7" Fender Flare Set

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Rugged Ridge 7" Fender Flare Set Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Fender Flares Next Product

Rugged Ridge 7" Fender Flare Set

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $300.00
Average Price: $171.87
Manufacturer: Rugged Ridge
Recommended?
Yes: 40 / No: 2

Made from lightly textured thermo plastic like the original but UV treated to prevent "chalking". Adds an additional 3.75" inches of tire coverage over the stock 3.25" wide flares.* Wrangler sets include front "dog leg" fender extensions.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 > Last

rw1225
rw1225's Reviews
01-16-2014, 04:05 PM
Price: $350.00
Pros: looks good
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: looks good

Newtons3

Newtons3's Reviews
07-25-2013, 09:52 PM
Price: $179.95
Pros: Stock look. 7" wide for good tire clearance. Fairly resilient. Great for holding tools and parts when working on the Jeep.
Cons: 7" wide. They won't support a whole lot of weight.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I prefer the stock look of these flares to some of the others. They offer great tire coverage in a state that requires that for inspection. Install went smoothly. All holes lined up with no problem.

aikenjeep
aikenjeep's Reviews
07-16-2013, 02:59 PM
Price: $100.00
Pros: Covers my oversized tires enough to keep mud and water from coming inside my Jeep.
Cons: None, really
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I purchased these from a guy who bought them and never used them. They were lying around his shed and had a bit of scuffs on them, but nothing serious. They were easy to install and covered my 32" Michelins perfectly.

Just what I was looking for.

Audi4awrangler
Audi4awrangler's Reviews
04-05-2013, 02:00 PM
Price: $125.00
Pros: Easy Install, Good Fit, Cover 33x12.5 perfect
Cons: None yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Good Item

mikeyb76
mikeyb76's Reviews
02-14-2013, 08:20 PM
Price: $140.00
Pros: good fit easy to install
Cons: doesnt work with those fender flare extensions, but a plus that gives me opportunity for rocker protection!!
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Very good fit and finish, wish the extensions fit with them without trimming but that give opportunity for rocker protection upgrade!!!

Daddy_Stew

Daddy_Stew's Reviews
10-25-2012, 01:13 PM
Price: $252.00
Pros: Easy to install and durable
Cons: None yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Having to upgrade the existing fender flares to meet PennDOT regs, I chose these for their style. It was a simply installation, with some holes having to be redrilled as they didn't align the same as the previous one. This meant that some of the fasteners ended up in the passenger part of the tub around the rear wheel hubs. Nothing too obtrusive but worth noting. So far, only one screw has come loose after 8 months of usage.

Nadamamasboy

Nadamamasboy's Reviews
09-08-2012, 01:13 PM
Price: $160.00
Pros: covers the tires
Cons: plastic feels a little thin; not like the factory flares
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Mine were actually made by 'Crown' but there is no option here

DIS4X4
DIS4X4's Reviews
01-21-2012, 04:34 PM
Price: $199.99
Pros: Fairly easy installation
Cons: Rather flimsy
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Good for the price.

MontaukMan

MontaukMan's Reviews
01-03-2012, 09:49 AM
Price: $300.00
Pros: Keeps the profile in line
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Added these flares to keep profile in line. I do not like when tires are wider then flares

chopperkid2000

chopperkid2000's Reviews
11-25-2011, 09:22 PM
Price: $150.00
Pros: Cheap
Cons: Cheap. The fit was a little off.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The fit was slightly off. Time will tell if they turn grey on me. I will repost in awhile.

ktroth

ktroth's Reviews
07-06-2011, 09:42 PM
Price: $100.00
Pros: price. cover tire
Cons: big
Recommended? Yes

Comments: installed on jeep to cover tire and stay legal. works well and keep debris off the side of the jeep.

SAMAURI1
SAMAURI1's Reviews

01-10-2011, 10:56 PM
Price: $150.00
Pros: They are cheap and are not even worth the $150
Cons: Fading terribly, warping and best of all, only warrantied for 3 months and seemed to begin to have problems shortly prior to warranty running out. Calls to both Quadratec and Rugged Ridge yielded no results and they stood by expiration of the warranty 1 month previously. I am very disappointed not only in the product but also Quadratec and Rugged Ridge. This is the last product I will buy from Rugged Ridge. The rummors are true, their products are cheap and not worth the price. I can't even sell them for $75 on Craigs list.
Recommended? No

Comments: This is a very poor product and highly recommend avoiding it if you are keeping your vehicle and want a product that will out last the 3 month warranty. Shame on Quadratec for not putting more pressure on Rugged Ridge to correct the issue!

Gruneun
Gruneun's Reviews
09-30-2010, 10:46 AM
Price: $169.99
Pros: Very close match to stock, good flexibility, reasonable price
Cons: Lousy hardware, poor directions, inexcusable dogleg extensions
Recommended? No

Comments: When a company makes a decent product and then skimps on the little things, it makes the whole package seem to be of lower quality and that left me severely disappointed by this flare set. First off, there's no excuse for the lousy hardware that was included. The package included cheap screws that are a pain to drive into the oddly-shaped plastic blocks (there's no easy way to hold them without working a pair of pliers behind the wheel well). Upgrading them to simple lock nuts and bolts would have been a trivial increase in cost and made install much smoother. Second, the washers that were included were decent for the screws, but were an insufficient diameter for the few bolts that went into the nutserts. There simply wasn't hardware included that would have been able to hold the flares properly. If you want these and want it done right, plan on hitting Home Depot for $5-10 worth of decent hardware.

The directions break down into fairly simple steps, like "Take off old flares", "clean body" and "install new flares" which don't exactly take a rocket scientist to figure out. The single diagram of actual hardware and where it goes -- a piece that would be of some value -- is so small that it's of no use. To add insult to injury, even the pages were stapled out of order (and there were only three pages). They glossed over the install of the dogleg extensions with one sentence and no pictures, which leads into...

The most egregious violation is the dogleg extensions for the front flares. They're flat-out inexcusable. They are less than half the width of the flares, the finish and color doesn't match the rest of the set, they don't sit even remotely flush with the flares (too tight on the outside, 1/2"+ gap on the inside), and to get them bolted on at all would require significant distortion of the front flares. I verified these were the intended extensions, so I can only assume that Rugged Ridge grabbed them from a different flare set as a shortcut and never bothered to test the installation. I would have been less offended if they just didn't include them in the set.

I've put a lot of accessories and equipment onto my Jeep. These flares have potential, so I hope Rugged Ridge takes the time to modify this set and take care of the problems that are glaringly obvious. However, in in it's current form, this is the first piece of hardware I simply can't recommend.

countrybuck
countrybuck's Reviews
09-09-2010, 12:25 PM
Price: $300.00
Pros: Street legal
Cons: Fade in sun
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Was able to pass inspection and get the police off my butt for having too wide of tires.

cubewhiz

cubewhiz's Reviews
04-29-2010, 10:49 AM
Price: $200.00
Pros: Covers my entire tire, install was easy
Cons: none so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I bought the flares to cover my 33x12.50R15 tires. They offer more coverage than the stock flares and installed pretty easily. I bought the YJ kit, so I only had to trim the rear fender well.

RTStork

RTStork's Reviews
03-18-2010, 12:47 AM
Price: $200.00
Pros: .
Cons: .
Recommended? Yes

Comments: ....

pgawrestler112
pgawrestler112's Reviews
03-13-2010, 07:04 PM
Price: $70.00
Pros: Really nice look on the yj gives it that extra coverage for the big wide 33's
Cons: shatter when smashed into trees
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I had these fenders on my jeep yj when i bought it off the previous owner. I took it off roading and got hung up in a tree tough but pulled off it but lost the front fender to the tree. I bought a replacment front fender for about 70 dollars including shipping. The full 6 piece set could run you to about 4 hundred. If you dont want to blow a ton of cash on the bushwackers and want or need the coverage for your tires this is a good way to go

Richd1963

Richd1963's Reviews

02-27-2010, 02:20 PM
Price: $169.00
Pros: Retains stock look. Installs with stock holes and comes with new hardware if you choose to use it.
Cons: lower piece near doors still stubby like stock one. Maybe could have been a bit wider and fit better.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The lower piece near doors doesn't quite mate up with new front fender flair, and could have been wider. Other than that installation was pretty straight forward and simple. Definately loosening of the rear fender well plastic is a must. 2 at each side in rear push in retainers need to be pulled out, and 2 on each side tab/clips need to be pushed in to release inner fender so as to allow fingers to reach screw retainers and hold them from spinning while trying to remove screws. And again upon re-assembly. Advisable to start job with a clean vehicle to minimise the dirt and crud under fender flair during removal. Makes for a cleaner install.

grininmonkey
grininmonkey's Reviews
02-15-2010, 04:40 PM
Price: $1.00
Pros: Easy install
Cons: Fade quickly
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Plastic will fade within 3 years from UV rays and leaving mud stuck on them too long with also contribute to fading.

RustedWrangler
RustedWrangler's Reviews

11-29-2009, 10:54 PM
Price: $199.00
Pros: Great fit and easy to install, Give extra clearance for bigger tires without as much lift.
Cons: Noen
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Good looking and durable. Instructions were pretty good. Make sure you have some cardboard or something to make a template. These flares cover 12.5" wide tires well and give a couple of extra inches of tire clearance without a lift!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 > Last