25K views 43 replies 43 participants last post by  Pentara 
#1 ·
Product Information
Price $300
Rating 3
Average Price $172.13
Manufacturer Rugged Ridge
Recommended Yes: 41 / No: 2

Made from lightly textured thermo plastic like the original but UV treated to prevent "chalking". Adds an additional 3.75" inches of tire coverage over the stock 3.25" wide flares.* Wrangler sets include front "dog leg" fender extensions.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Price $150
Rating 5
Pros Looks Good, Inexpensive
Cons None
Recommended yes

Comments: I'm really happy with these flares. They are soft enough to bend under impact but strong enough not to deflect while going 80 MPH. These flares have a lip that protects the edge of the fender from road debris. This is a good product to buy if you are looking for a wide fender flare.

Update 5-17-2008
I'm approaching two years with these flares and they are holding up well. They haven't turned brittle or grey. This has been a good purchase.

Update 1-25-2013
I've been using these flares for 6 years and about all I can complain about is that they have faded to a dark grey.

#3 ·
Rating 3
Pros Good Price and Looks good
Cons Missing guide arms and washers were to small for holes
Recommended yes

Comments: Overall - they are worth the $149.00. The washers are to small and far through the holes and the guide arms/posts on the jeep side od the flares were all cut/ripped off. Had to hold them with one hand, hold the screw with the other hand, and with my other hand (get the picture) had to hold the rubber nut.

But for $149.....worth the pain in the rear.

#4 ·
Rating 4
Pros Stock look, 7" of coverage, strong
Cons Finish is like stock flare..mud stains show up
Recommended yes

Comments: This is a good product that has a good price! Durable..I stood on the front flare to hop onto the hood. At 7" they're really wide so they'll cover a lot of tire. Just be cautious that you need this big of a flare otherwise the Jeep might look like it has wings from the front. Installing was sort of a pain but that goes with any flare. Good product and after 6 months they look good except for some of the mud stains. :)

#5 ·
Rating 4
Pros Great Price, Seems Durable
Cons Dmagd upon delivery. The alignment posts were broken off. The front extensions do not fit up well at all.
Recommended yes

Comments: Great flare for the price. Got them shipped for $160. Major complaint is the front extensions dont fit up with the front flares at all. I am actually removing them and adding a rocker guard to cover the holes.

#9 ·
Price $170
Rating 4
Recommended yes

Comments: Good set of fender flares. Install very easily. I had no problems getting them on and they look as good as the $400 sets from other companies.

#10 ·
Price $179
Rating 4
Recommended yes

Comments: good strong set, have that factory look when aligned right, installation was simple, inspite of sheet metal cutting, couldve been easier with a supplied template for centering.. but they went on good, i like'em

#16 ·
Price $200
Rating 4
Recommended yes

Comments: These flares are great. Soft and flexible, much better than my old hard plastic set that cracked.

#19 ·
Price $120
Rating 5
Recommended yes

Comments: great set of flares, no cracks so far, fit was great, all holes lined up correctly, rocker pieces are useless and don't really match up correctly, tossed them anyways. Overall a great set of flares and covers the 33's perfectly.....

#20 ·
Price $111
Pros Solid Construction, Fit in Factory Holes, No Fading after 1 year
Cons None
Recommended yes

Comments: I replaced the factory faded fender flares with the Rugged Ridge flares. They are well constructed and fit nicely into the factory holes with factory hardware. After one year they have not faded. They have held up nicely on many wheelin trips.

#23 ·
Price $100
Pros Great looking, alot of clearance
Cons Even after you trim the arches you still have a little overhang from the inner arch.
Recommended yes

Comments: The fronts fit like a dream, but the backs need the arches trimmed to fit. Its a bit hit and miss if you get it correct, but if you center the flare first then mark and then trim you should be ok.

#24 ·
Price $199
Rating 5
Pros Great fit and easy to install, Give extra clearance for bigger tires without as much lift.
Cons Noen
Recommended yes

Comments: Good looking and durable. Instructions were pretty good. Make sure you have some cardboard or something to make a template. These flares cover 12.5" wide tires well and give a couple of extra inches of tire clearance without a lift!

#26 ·
Price $169
Rating 4
Pros Retains stock look. Installs with stock holes and comes with new hardware if you choose to use it.
Cons lower piece near doors still stubby like stock one. Maybe could have been a bit wider and fit better.
Recommended yes

Comments: The lower piece near doors doesn't quite mate up with new front fender flair, and could have been wider. Other than that installation was pretty straight forward and simple. Definately loosening of the rear fender well plastic is a must. 2 at each side in rear push in retainers need to be pulled out, and 2 on each side tab/clips need to be pushed in to release inner fender so as to allow fingers to reach screw retainers and hold them from spinning while trying to remove screws. And again upon re-assembly. Advisable to start job with a clean vehicle to minimise the dirt and crud under fender flair during removal. Makes for a cleaner install.:cheers2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.