Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Body > Fender Flares > Offroad Utopia: TJ front Tube Fenders

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Offroad Utopia: TJ front Tube Fenders Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Fender Flares Next Product

Offroad Utopia: TJ front Tube Fenders

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $150.00
Average Price: $224.00
Manufacturer: Offroad Utopia
Recommended?
Yes: 5 / No: 0
Company Website: http://www.offroadutopia.com

Steel tube fender with no flare. Retains stock inner fender. Shipped bare steel.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

RCSD 97 TJ
RCSD 97 TJ's Reviews

04-24-2010, 01:33 AM
Price: $200.00
Pros: Cheap, solidly built, good welds. Looks sweet when done. I have seen other TJs with tube fenders and I think mine looks as good or better than all.
Cons: Fit-Front holes did not line up, "expanded" them with a plasma cutter so no biggie. One front tab stuck out 1/2" beyond grill, "trimmed" with a sawzall so no biggie.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I think you need some mechanical DIY type knowledge to use these. I'm not sure what the higher dollar versions require. I took it to my body man's shop and we finished it in 6 hours working at a relaxed pace with several interruptions (including a joyride in his Boxster). It was a fun day. Solid product!

We used-
Various sockets, clip removers, screwdrivers
Plasma cutter and sawzall to remove old fenders and trim new fenders.
Grinder for welds
D/A sander to clean up grinder work
Air ratchet for hard to reach bolts
Wire feed welder to attach new fenders to stock inners
Primer, seam filler, trim black paint
Drill for hood latches
Oh ya, a few big hammers.

gunner_bear
gunner_bear's Reviews
02-23-2010, 08:30 PM
Price: $270.00
Pros: heavy duty
Cons: some of the holes were not drilled correct
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Sturdy built. wish the holes would have been drilled correct. Would recommend they box them for shipping.Mine came wrapped in shrink wrap but were not damaged. For the price seem like a good deal. They provide no instructions only pictures on there web site.

slafferty

slafferty's Reviews

06-29-2009, 09:52 AM
Price: $250.00
Pros: Great price. Easy to Install.
Cons: Needed a little work, but with a little grinding and tlc they came out great.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Welds needed a little grinding, but Tim told me they would need ground down if I wanted a better look. For the price, the little work that I did my self was well worth it.

mateas
mateas's Reviews

06-04-2009, 07:43 AM
Price: $250.00
Pros: Price price price, solid fenders when mounted, ease of installation
Cons: If any, the welding could be just a bit better, but they do clean up with some grinding.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: These fenders utilize the factory inner fender, which means you have to have the guts to cut up your perfectly good fender. Using the "measure twice cut once" philosophy they turned out great. For being a very small operation the fit and finish is just about what I would expect from larger shops. Tim is a great guy to work with too. I'd definitely recommend these. I got the 3" flare version which is why mine were $250 compared to the $150 of willysedition

WillysEdition04

WillysEdition04's Reviews

05-16-2009, 04:29 AM
Price: $150.00
Pros: Unbeatable price. Welds clean up great. DIYer's dream!
Cons: Make take some love/persuasion for that perfect fit.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Installed on my '97 trail rig. I was actually able to highline them and reuse the inner fender. I can run up to 37" tires on my 2" suspension lift!

If you like fun relatively easy projects, these flares are for you.