Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Body > Fender Flares > MetalCloak - TJ/LJ Overline Tube Fenders

Truc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955Labor Day Sale!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

MetalCloak - TJ/LJ Overline Tube Fenders Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Fender Flares Next Product

MetalCloak - TJ/LJ Overline Tube Fenders

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating: None

Product Information

MSRP: $599.00
Average Price: $948.50
Manufacturer: MetalCloak
Recommended?
Yes: 12 / No: 0
Company Website: http://www.metalcloak.com

Most Tire Clearance in the Off Road Industry.
(see below for details)

Gain 14" of Articulation as seen in Four Wheeler magazine!

True Low Center of Gravity Builds - Play around with 35s on a Stock TJ or Krawl Hard with 37s on a 3" lift!

Gain Highline Kit clearance without Hacking or Replacing your Hood. No hacking your Stock Fenders like other tube fenders require. Set them aside or resell them!

Uses Stock Battery & Air Box! No need to buy a replacement battery or air box like other companies require.

Quoted from MetalCloak TJ/LJ Overline Flat Tube Fenders

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

McNasty35

McNasty35's Reviews
03-07-2014, 11:01 PM
Price: $1,061.00
Pros: Very well built, easy to install, flare is removable, strong
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: They look great and perform flawlessly. The powder-coat holds up better than any I have ever seen. They are very strong. They eat rocks and trees for breakfast. I'll be honest, I didn't like the look of the overlines at first, but they grew on me and now I love them!

greenglazier
greenglazier's Reviews
07-09-2013, 07:28 PM
Price: $1,100.00
Pros: Well made easy to install.
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great product, everything lined up perfect instructions are clear and easy to follow

chopperkid2000

chopperkid2000's Reviews
01-05-2013, 09:29 PM
Price: $1,000.00
Pros: Less lift
Cons: Looks odd
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I don't really care for the flares as they don't really do much.

CloakedLJ

CloakedLJ's Reviews
08-12-2012, 11:53 PM
Price: $599.00
Pros: Easy to install, look fantastic.
Cons: Let tires throw mud up when you drive fast.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I chose to go with the lighter but more expensive aluminum ones to save weight $799.00 vs $599.00 for metal.
The cost of the fenders is initially a high until you install them. The ease in which they bolt on and the fact that you don't have to cut up, weld and paint your stock fenders or buy a diffrent intake to make them work was a real bonus for me. The flairs are purchased seperatly and add any where from $139 for the rub rail, $229 for the 4" or $249.00 for the 6"

BGBrown
BGBrown's Reviews
03-21-2012, 06:26 PM
Price: $1,800.00
Pros: Good fit, easy install, well built
Cons: none yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Install was fairly straight forward, instructions were good. Still trying to figure out what to do with evap-can in rear to finish cut out for rear wheal clearance. Haven't had long enough to review further.

nofearwindham
nofearwindham's Reviews
10-27-2011, 11:54 AM
Price: $525.00
Pros: Looks great
Cons: Exspensive
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I actually have the CJ overline fenders on my YJ. I did a cj front end conversion. They bolted on easily with minor inner fender trimming.

meatbag187
meatbag187's Reviews
07-10-2011, 09:38 AM
Price: $1,600.00
Pros: slick look and very sturdy great customer service called me within 2-3hrs of order to tell me powdercoat would take a little extra time
Cons: expensive
Recommended? Yes

Comments: They are tough and look good at the same time.Also weren't to hard to put on as they use stock bolt holes so no drilling. Cant wait to put the rear ones on though i gotta cut a little so i can make room for bigger tires.

havoc64

havoc64's Reviews
06-27-2011, 04:33 PM
Price: $698.00
Pros: allows fitment of larger tires. More clearance of the fenders allows tighter trails.
Cons: Self Install and have to remove complete older fender and then bolt all the stuff to the new fender..ok not really a con but hey I had to write something..lol
Recommended? Yes

Comments: A great REPLACEMENT fender. No cutting and no drilling. Simply unbolt the stuff on your old fenders, Take off the old ones, Bolt up the MetalCloaks and then attach the stuff back to the predrilled holes. Then put some larger rubber on and hit the trail. Check out my build thread of the install.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/my-2004-rubicon-tj-build-961219/index4.html#post11704502

Boxers_TJ
Boxers_TJ's Reviews
06-11-2011, 11:10 AM
Price: $700.00
Pros: Easy install. Strong product... I can't imagine a better fender exists.
Cons: NONE
Recommended? Yes

Comments: These things seem indestructible. You can jump on them only moving the whole jeep!

CJ7crawler21

CJ7crawler21's Reviews
04-14-2011, 09:26 PM
Price: $500.00
Pros: These gave my tires a lot more room to flex and are very strong.
Cons: I havent found any but for my cj i needed to do some moving around on the inside of the fender well with all the components.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: These are some great fenders, little pricey but very strong and giving a lot of wheel room. I have a Cj on a 2 1/2 inch lift and have 35 under it, proabably about 5 inches of up travel.

33shooter

33shooter's Reviews
03-25-2011, 03:12 PM
Price: $1,200.00
Pros: VERY STRONG Welds well done Fantastic construction EASY installation
Cons: Expensive
Recommended? Yes

Comments: $1200 shipped for Overlines with 6" flares. Don't hesitate, these are fantastic fenders and look amazing in person. Totally unique to my area, and very functional. I use a 2" lift with 33" KM2s which is perfect for these. These fenders are stronger than most anything else on my Jeep. They fit PERFECTLY and require minor adjustment to fit correctly. (don't forget to push the inner fenders in on the front as far as you can when you adjust them or the sway bar will contact it, not an issue). Price is expensive, but the build quality is amazing, you will NOT be disappointed.

_Kevin

_Kevin's Reviews
07-13-2010, 07:35 PM
Price: $599.00
Pros: Very strong, opens up wheel well, installation is fairly fool proof with no body modifications needed
Cons: They're spendy, but you're getting a hell of a product for that money
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Haven't had them very long yet, but so far I love them. I've got a 6" flare on mine and they look great, and really open up the wheel well to give you a lot of room for tires, even without a lift. Installation took maybe 10 hours or so, but that was with a lot of breaks. If you've messed with fenders before, or just work straight through you can do it a lot faster. It cost me a few bucks, and I probably have a lot more responsible things I should have kept that money for, but hey it was definitely worth it in my opinion. They're very functional, and very good looking.