Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Body > Fender Flares > Bushwacker Flat Panel Fender Flare (6" coverage)

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Bushwacker Flat Panel Fender Flare (6" coverage) Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Fender Flares Next Product

Bushwacker Flat Panel Fender Flare (6" coverage)

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $458.00
Average Price: $434.85
Manufacturer: Bushwacker
Recommended?
Yes: 55 / No: 4

Bushwacker's flat panel fender flares, with no curling under you get the appearance of a bigger lift, more wheel articulation, and a pretty sharp look (to each his own in that category).

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3 > Last

jeepasoar
jeepasoar's Reviews
05-02-2012, 02:45 PM
Price: $379.00
Pros: Great Looking, good price.
Cons: None so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Only had them a week but love them so far, I have got a lot of compliments.

Fox01V
Fox01V's Reviews
04-01-2012, 07:19 PM
Price: $350.00
Pros: They go on well, have a nice look and covers wider tires.
Cons: None yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I had to get these to pass inspection with 33X12.5's and needed wider flare and I have to say I really like the way these look and gives me more room in the wheel well

JSnyder92
JSnyder92's Reviews
03-20-2012, 12:10 PM
Price: $350.00
Pros: Tough, good looking, and they stick out just far enough to make me legal, what more could i want from a flare?
Cons: Difficult to install on already cut fenders, I had to drill a new hole in the fender itself for the screw to reach my fender. On untrimmed fenders I would have no cons.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: They do everything fender flares are meant to do. They're as tough as i need them to be (I would be surprised to see one come off while wheeling) and they stick out about 4.5" I'd say, which was enough to make my jeep road legal (state laws require the wheel to be no more than 2" past the flare).

If your fenders are already trimmed though I'd be careful when choosing these flares. The previous owner had trimmed fenders with no flares and since i wasn't the one to trim them I cant tell you how much was cut off. But I got them on in a few hours (most of which was spent eating, taking smoke breaks, and discussing how we'd be able to get them on), I would guess that on stock fenders and basic tools it wouldn't take more than a good hour or so to get them on. What I had to do to fit mine was to drill holes through the flare more towards the edge than the holes provided, which luckily was just enough to reach the edges of my trimmed fenders.

I decided to rivet them on rather than use the little screws that came with them to make them a bit sturdier and because I have no plans to remove them any time soon. To install these you only need a screwdriver (or in my case a rivet gun) and a drill to cut holes in your fender, if I remember correctly.

ReconSDM19D
ReconSDM19D's Reviews
01-21-2012, 09:14 PM
Price: $378.99
Pros: Good tire coverage
Cons: LED turn signals didn't seem very bright
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Second set of Bushwacker flares that I have installed. The last one were the pocket flares about 8 yrs ago. These seemed similar, the hassle really isn't the flares. The problem is the nuts that are in the jeep's fender. Just give yourself a few hours and don't rush it. Been on a week or so and happy so far.

kphimself

kphimself's Reviews
01-02-2012, 12:47 AM
Price: $450.00
Pros: Look great.
Cons: none.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: very easy to put on, look great and stand up to much abuse.

bomoto
bomoto's Reviews
12-20-2011, 06:32 PM
Price: $399.00
Pros: more clearans
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: easy to install

REDNWHITE
REDNWHITE's Reviews
08-24-2011, 03:14 PM
Price: $260.00
Pros: Look great and give lots of extra flex when needed.
Cons: Not the easiest thing to instal mostly because the OE flares are tough to get off, and the marker light wires aren't marked the same colors as the OE ones
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Wanted to up the tire size but wasn't ready to instal a lift kit. So I put these and a 1" body lift on and was able to wheel pretty aggresively. I got them slightly used so they do not sit as flush to the front fenders as I would like, this may be a con when it comes to the longevity of the product.

04goldrubi74
04goldrubi74's Reviews
08-22-2011, 12:58 AM
Price: $550.00
Pros: clean old school look, more room for tires(a little bit)
Cons: none so far, mabye that they are plastic(but so are the stock ones)
Recommended? Yes

Comments: i like these, i think they look good and are easy to install they just take a little patients and a little bit of time.

SideshowBob024

SideshowBob024's Reviews

05-11-2011, 02:33 PM
Price: $358.00
Pros: Extra coverage stops Jeep from getting covered in everything.More proportional to tires. Provides extra clearance for flex.
Cons: Makes tires look smaller, pain to install if nutserts are frozen.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This kit allows me to drive through a puddle without covering the windows and body with dirty water. Haven't bashed them into a tree yet so we will see what happens when I do.

PeeWeeHerman
PeeWeeHerman's Reviews
04-18-2011, 06:42 PM
Price: $360.00
Pros: easy install
Cons: none yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I really liked the look of the flat flares and these looked better to me than the xenon's. The install is easy and straightforward, the side markers are a bit of a pain to put on(I wish that was done at the manufacturer). They make your tires look small.

jstone18
jstone18's Reviews
04-16-2011, 06:09 PM
Price: $379.00
Pros: Look good, have light on the side.
Cons: Some kind of plastic
Recommended? Yes

Comments: These in my opinion look good, have fairly descent coverage, have side light markers to keep them legal. easy to install. I had two problems installing these. They both were my fault, the first was that the sheet metal on my front end were bent from my tires rubbing on them so it made installing the front a pain. the second was the adhesive strips that they come with> i didnt read the directions properly so when the said to cut them and peel off a 1 foot piece, i cut them into 1 foot pieces, this made it a pain to peel all the backing off and now i have little gaps in between each piece. Other than that i like these fenders, my jeep still gets splashed with a lot of mud but that is to be expected and i like the way it looks anyway. They are a good product and feel pretty sturdy, i wouldn't try standing on them though.

ericrj80
ericrj80's Reviews
03-20-2011, 11:31 AM
Price: $400.00
Pros: Look good..more flex
Cons: none yet..but im sure they will be destroyed once i run into a tree...
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Look good and more flex for my tires

deerassassin22

deerassassin22's Reviews
03-08-2011, 10:49 PM
Price: $300.00
Pros: Great way to get tire coverage
Cons: Could be stiffer material
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great Product

Airborneguy8
Airborneguy8's Reviews
02-23-2011, 09:08 AM
Price: $425.00
Pros: Looks
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I love how they make my Jeep look and the installation was easy for someone like me who is just starting to do this on my own.

teh_activ

teh_activ's Reviews
01-16-2011, 02:55 PM
Price: $375.00
Pros: Great looking Flares
Cons: None atm
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Durable, my buddy stood on it once to avoid jumping in heavy snow and supported his weight. Great "bulky look" for a TJ.

ekpowell
ekpowell's Reviews
12-28-2010, 11:33 AM
Price: $470.00
Pros: way more clearance, easy to clean, looks great
Cons: pain in the a$$ to install
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great product. Wished I had put these on a long time ago

tchaap

tchaap's Reviews
12-10-2010, 10:23 AM
Price: $425.00
Pros: look GREAT, fit and install very nicely, provide good coverage
Cons: none yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The bushwacker flat flares look fantastic and really install and fit nicely. the seem very sturdy(although they are not going to survive big time rock hits!) and provide good coverage.

metomwhou
metomwhou's Reviews

12-05-2010, 04:44 PM
Price: $450.00
Pros: Look pretty good, provide coverage over aftermarket wheels/tires
Cons: expensive
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Mine came warped and didn't want to fit right so I installed them without the gasket and drove around a week or two in the summer and then installed the gasket.

Problem I have now is that three of the LED's went out on the driverside. Customer service sent me the claim form but in order to fill it out you have to take off the flare to get the mold number on the inside of the flare and that ruins the gasket, which I have not been able to find anywhere on their site to order, not sure if they are gonna send more of the gasket, emails stopped after the claim form was sent.

Overall though, I'm happy, they look good and make me legal so I don't have to keep putting my stock wheels back on when getting my jeep inspected, a yearly ordeal over here in Germany.

oxidizedxj

oxidizedxj's Reviews
11-25-2010, 10:22 PM
Pros: I dont get pulled over again for not having flares
Cons: expensive
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The flat flares look alright, but are pricey. Instalation takes a while but isnt difficult.

racinjimy
racinjimy's Reviews
10-24-2010, 11:18 AM
Pros: look great tough
Cons: long install
Recommended? Yes

Comments: this install is not 4 hours.....it's more like 9-10 hours
the results are worth it

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3 > Last