45K views 64 replies 63 participants last post by  zouaveherb 
#1 ·
Product Information
Price $458
Rating 3
Average Price $440.12
Manufacturer Bushwacker
Recommended Yes: 61 / No: 4

Bushwacker's flat panel fender flares, with no curling under you get the appearance of a bigger lift, more wheel articulation, and a pretty sharp look (to each his own in that category).

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Price $450
Rating 5
Recommended yes

Comments: VERY sharp looking, front led blinkers look pretty trick, easy install as with most bushwacker products (of course removing stock fender flares is a pain), provides legal coverage for my 10.5's

#3 ·
Price $409
Rating 4
Recommended yes

Comments: These look great and give allot more tire clearance. I am just dealing with a small electrical problem on the front LED markers.

#5 · (Edited)
Price $450
Rating 4
Pros Good looking, easy to install following the very precise instructions. Nice leds. It has all the materials you need for the installation.
Cons None.
Recommended yes

Comments: Bushwacker Flat Panel Fender Flare (6

Well designed and cool looking product. Enough width to cover my 33 x 12.5 tires. Nice Leds. Allows for installation of 35"s with my setup.

#6 ·
Price $440
Rating 4
Pros Good looks; Good coverage on 33x12.5 tires; Fairly easy installation
Cons Cost
Recommended yes

Comments: I paid $440 for a set of these from 4WD Hardware. Some reviewers claim these fenders break easily, but I have had no problems. Older versions apparently didn't include the plastic spacers that go between the fender and the Jeep body, but the ones I ordered did come with the spacers (this may be why some older versions break). Installation was straight forward, but getting the old fenders off was a pain in the butt because some of the factory fasteners broke loose and spun when I tried to remove them. The fenders do look good, and the bead trim that comes with the fenders give them a nice clean look. Two thumbs up. :2thumbsup:

#7 ·
Price $500
Rating 4
Pros Easy to install
Look good
Cons Nothing really
Recommended yes

Comments: Of course, the biggest problem with the install was getting the old flares off. Everything fit in the stock fastener locations and the install was fairly straightforward. They look great and I certainly enjoy not having all kinds of crap thrown onto the side windows. Took them out on a trail run and got an extra couple inches articulation over the old stock ones.

#8 ·
Price $320
Pros Great styling. able to fit a bigger tire underneath. Easy screw one.
Cons made of plastic. scared of flexing to much and watching one snap.... also costs alot.
Recommended yes

Comments: Great styling. gives about another 2 inches for tire clearance... but not suspension wise. Looks great also somewhat custom. Easy to put on.

#11 ·
Price $350
Pros I like the look, and they protect the body well.
Cons If you switch between road and off-raod tires, they look a lil goofy with the street tires.
Recommended yes

Comments: The install manual for this was well written and had lots of pics. My wife could have installed them. Not overly happy about the way the wiring for the LEDs was done. Comes with a rectifier and it is left open to the elements, so I relocated them on mine and sealed the connections so they don't sort out in water crossings.

#12 ·
Price $450
Pros good look, sturdy, LED turn signal is really nice, cheaper than metal flares
Cons none
Recommended yes

Comments: Installed these by myself. Took bout 10 hours. Love em. I personnally love the look of flat tube style flares, so of course I love these. They also give me the tire coverage I need to stay legal.

#13 ·
Price $510
Pros Great styling and relatively easy to install
Cons Non yet
Recommended yes

Comments: Just bought and installed these and they make the JK look great IMO. My 32's look a bit small, but then that can be changed too! The LED sidelights are well designed and easy to install - do need to figure out how I want to secure the wiring for them - the kit has a method, but I am looking at an alternative for weather, ice protection up under the flare.

#14 ·
Price $450
Pros Easy install, includes all parts. Gives good tire clearance and makes your lift look bigger
Cons none yet, wonder if the retaining screws will rip out.
Recommended yes

Comments: The install was straight forward with good instructions. Product looks good and handled four days of wheeling at the Badlands including clipping trees and slamming into the side of mud holes. They got scratched up but did not break and always popped back into shape.

I have a 2.5" lift, 1.25" BL and 33" tires.

Before shot.

After install shot.

9-14-10 update. I have used and abused these flares. I've partially ripped a flare off several times. All that was needed was a washer on the bolt and re tighten. I like the fact that they will rip away instead of bending the fender.

#16 ·
Price $530
Pros great looks sold feel
Cons pain to put on took about 8 hours. the light design is poor because you have to take the fender off the change the light. Both of my led lights were dead on arrival.
Recommended yes

Comments: I love the look and feel. They take about 8 hours to install. No drilling and fit nice. I had to trim the corner protectors to get them on. The led lights I got were both dead on arrivial and you cant change them out without taking off the fender or cutting a hole in the bottom. uses double stick tape on the rubber trim to the body so removal would require a new trim rubber. The led require a long extention to get the nylock nut on the screw. A simpe redesign of the light mount would be nice. Everyone loves the look.

#17 · (Edited)
Price $450
Pros looks good on my jeep
Cons takes a little while to install
Recommended yes

Comments: Everything fit nicely and I did not need to drill any new holes. The marker lights will be a job to replace when the LED's burn out because it will require the removal of the front fender. And you will need a 6 inch extension for a ratchet to install the LED's. Over all it took about three and a half hours to install all four.

#18 ·
Price $355
Rating 2
Pros Good Looks, Room for Flex, Flexible material
Cons ***** to install, attaching the marker lights almost took me an hour and I am ASE certified.
Recommended yes

Comments: My rig had 6" pocket flares installed that I just did not care for... I got a good deal on these flat flares - $355 Shipped so I jumped on them.

I rated this product bad for 1 reason. The hardware was incomplete - Bushwacker shorted me the mounting blocks but threw in a second hardware packet including LEDs :confused:, no complaint there, im sure the LEDs are expensive. A quick call to Bushwacker resolved the issue free of charge but I had to wait an additonal 10 days for the parts to install.

Other issues are sharp edges on some of the inside parts of the flares that gave me a few cuts. The mounting tape also sucks ***

Overall they look great - just be ready for a long day of install, that is if Bushwacker included all the parts ;)

#19 ·
Price $450
Rating 2
Pros Allows more space for larger tires and because of the coverage keeps the cops away.
Cons Flimsy, fasteners suck as does the tape supplied.
Recommended no

Comments: I bought these to keep the cops off me as my rubber was extending beyond my stock fenders.
These fenders are for show only and will not take even a small hit. I'd say my stock fenders were stronger as I have pivoted off the same stump with my stocks with no worries but the Bushwackers popped and crumpled.
The only bonus I suppose is that the tub didn't suffer.
I'll switch off to GenRights next spring and pitch the Bushwackers.
By the way these BW's are the new series but still garbage.

#20 ·
Price $398
Pros -Simple Install
-Quality product
-LED lights
-Looks Great
Cons -Hard to replace light if LED goes.
-Easily damaged (aesthetically)
Recommended yes

Comments: On the positive side, installation is simple and a quality product. Seems pretty flexible and will likely tear off before damaging the fender (to me a positive). They definitely look great for flares.

On the maybes/negatives, if the LED light goes, you'll need to remove the fender which means new adhesive trim from Bushwacker. Would be nice if the trim only adhered to the fender so they could be removed easily. They scratch/get damaged very easily. If you rock crawl or do decent trails probably look elsewhere. Perfect for my uses though. A 4" version would be nice too.

#23 ·
Price $450
Rating 3
Pros Look pretty good, provide coverage over aftermarket wheels/tires
Cons expensive
Recommended yes

Comments: Mine came warped and didn't want to fit right so I installed them without the gasket and drove around a week or two in the summer and then installed the gasket.

Problem I have now is that three of the LED's went out on the driverside. Customer service sent me the claim form but in order to fill it out you have to take off the flare to get the mold number on the inside of the flare and that ruins the gasket, which I have not been able to find anywhere on their site to order, not sure if they are gonna send more of the gasket, emails stopped after the claim form was sent.

Overall though, I'm happy, they look good and make me legal so I don't have to keep putting my stock wheels back on when getting my jeep inspected, a yearly ordeal over here in Germany.

Attachments

#24 ·
Price $425
Pros look GREAT, fit and install very nicely, provide good coverage
Cons none yet
Recommended yes

Comments: The bushwacker flat flares look fantastic and really install and fit nicely. the seem very sturdy(although they are not going to survive big time rock hits!) and provide good coverage.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.