Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Body > Fender Flares > Bushwacker Flat Panel Fender Flare (6" coverage)

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsWant to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under We have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!

Bushwacker Flat Panel Fender Flare (6" coverage) Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Fender Flares Next Product

Bushwacker Flat Panel Fender Flare (6" coverage)

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $458.00
Average Price: $434.30
Manufacturer: Bushwacker
Recommended?
Yes: 56 / No: 4

Bushwacker's flat panel fender flares, with no curling under you get the appearance of a bigger lift, more wheel articulation, and a pretty sharp look (to each his own in that category).

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 > Last

tom_sprecher
tom_sprecher's Reviews
12-15-2014, 05:26 PM
Price: $402.00
Pros: Looks good
Cons: Doesn't cover enough
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Too new to give a review. Easy to install.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Ryanwarchol
Ryanwarchol's Reviews
05-07-2014, 03:59 PM
Price: $500.00
Pros: Great look and coverage, super easy to install if you download pics from Bushwacker
Cons: Online instructions are better
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The Bushwacker Flat Style Fender Flares are super easy to install if you've done at least 1 install prior. The first install is tricky and lengthy due to the instructions. I recommend downloading a color copy off the Bushwacker site since the ones in the box are barely readable. I did an OK job on mine but installed another set on my buddies Jeep and it took half the time and looks amazing. I fixed mine afterwards by loosening the screws under the flares and having my friend push in on the flares as I tightened the screws. However, if you can read and follow directions its a pretty simple job..took me about 6 hours the first time and 3 hours the second time. Highly recommend this product. Don't cut the splash shields to short!!!!!! Can always take more off...can't put back once cut!!!!

anelson52
anelson52's Reviews
04-23-2014, 10:49 PM
Pros: Easy to install, look great, give additional clearance, great protection from rocks and mud.
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: These flares look great on a TJ and give added clearance. They offer plenty of protection from rocks and mud. Easy to install if you take your time and read the directions.

XxoSPARKSoxX
Free Range Jeep
XxoSPARKSoxX's Reviews
04-06-2014, 11:56 PM
Price: $502.00
Pros: Well engineered. Straight forward install. Fairly rigid and durable. Looks great.. With the right tire combo. Lots of coverage. The flares are a "system" that needs installed correctly to ensure proper fit and performance.
Cons: Plastic parts could use more attention to trimming. Relies on two sided tape to perform properly. Ray Charles must have drilled the holes on my rear passenger flare. The holes were difficult to align. The other three flares lined up perfectly.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Well engineered.
Straight forward install.
Fairly rigid and durable.
Looks great.. With the right tire combo.
Lots of coverage.
The flares are a "system" that needs installed correctly to ensure proper fit and performance.

Plastic parts could use more attention to trimming.
Relies on two sided tape to perform properly.
Ray Charles must have drilled the holes on my rear passenger flare. The holes were difficult to align.
The other three flares lined up perfectly.

Summary:

Well Engineered
Durable
Easy to install
Looks great

Recommend:

Yes

mattmudd
mattmudd's Reviews

03-27-2014, 11:33 AM
Price: $544.00
Pros: -Looks Great. -Make lift looks bigger -
Cons: -LED Amber Light Installation -Bushwacker does not offer pre-cut splash guards.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Most websites list this product stating no drilling and no cutting. You will find that you will be doing both. Not blaming Bushwacker but the advertising from vendors is wrong. Bushwacker needs a better solution for LED amber lights, as mentioned before if lights go out there is no way to get to them without a uninstall/re-install of fenders. I contacted Bushwacker and recommended they sell the splash guards /shields pre-cut, to make for a cleaner speedier install. Still look and work great.

gotswap
gotswap's Reviews
03-25-2014, 11:01 AM
Price: $470.00
Pros: Nice coverage, extended clearance, fits really well
Cons: price....
Recommended? Yes

Comments: My body was "clearanced" by the previous owner in the rear so I had to bend the body back strait. Once this was done it was a very simple bolt on affair and one hole to drill on each side. When I put 35's on it I will trim the body and flare to match up to the flat portion which should give plenty of clearance.

tightjibbs
tightjibbs's Reviews
03-03-2014, 05:36 PM
Price: $450.00
Pros: Look great.. Less chance of rubbing with wider tires, cheaper than tube steel .... Easy install
Cons: Not tube steel
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great for a little extra room and just look great

rvrdvr
rvrdvr's Reviews
01-05-2014, 01:35 PM
Price: $400.00
Pros: Good coverage
Cons: Pricey
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Pricey but look good and have good coverage.
May have gained some clearance.

ozzmosis
ozzmosis's Reviews
12-19-2013, 08:03 PM
Price: $385.00
Pros: -More tire clearance over stock fender flares -Look great
Cons: -Not the easiest to install -Will not withstand trail rash any better than a stock plastic fender flare
Recommended? No

Comments: When I purchased these flares I was a Jeep novice (I still am really) and I was planning on mainly riding on the beach and basic trail riding. However, two weeks after I installed them, I bumped a pole on my carport with my front driver side flare and it is now forever deformed. You can not fix plastic once it's damaged. I didn't even get a good trail story out of it. So, with that being said, I plan to replace them with metal tube fender flares in the future. While these fender flares look nice, they are just plastic like the factory and therefore they do not withstand the abuse a Jeep gets put through on the trails (or carports). Therefore, I recommend that if you are considering a flat fender flare to get a metal tube fender flare instead of the Bushwacker Flat Fender Flares.

jsthomas
jsthomas's Reviews
12-01-2013, 11:06 PM
Price: $552.00
Pros: Additional clearance. Great look. Lose the single-bulb reflector-lens side lamps, gain 6 LEDs per front flare.
Cons: As far as I'm concerned, none.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: These flares look phenomenal. If you're considering swapping out your factory flares, you won't go wrong on these. Bottom line: install yourself; take your time; enjoy the beauty.

Installed on a 2010 JKU. If you need any help, feel free to PM me.

edinct
edinct's Reviews
11-09-2013, 02:41 PM
Pros: great looks, durable
Cons: expensive, difficult to install
Recommended? Yes

Comments: bit on the expensive side but they look great and won't warp like my Xenon flares did.

Winniethepooh
Winniethepooh's Reviews
09-20-2013, 06:36 PM
Price: $380.00
Pros: Ease of install.
Cons: Price
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Awesome product for those looking of flares. Easy to install if you have previous experience with body work.

jezwald101
jezwald101's Reviews
06-30-2013, 07:35 AM
Pros: fitment
Cons: not a big fan of double sided tape on a fender,aspecially on a daily driver..
Recommended? Yes

Comments: installed these on my jeep..fit good but a little tricky getting them over the mounting brackets by myself.also not a big fan of double sided tape on a daily driver. time will tell I guess...other than that fits good and looks great..i did not paint.

Primoris
Primoris's Reviews
04-08-2013, 10:33 AM
Price: $600.00
Pros: Excellent Flat Fenders
Cons: LED Light wires could be a little longer and the connectors included are cheap.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Excellent package but I would recommend different wiring connectors for the front LED markers.

Weetay1
Weetay1's Reviews
03-19-2013, 07:42 PM
Price: $430.00
Pros: Max Wheel coverage, Great look!
Cons: Installation was a little longer then described.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: These fenders added a great look for my TJ that I havent seen anywhere in my area yet. The installation was a little more difficult then the Bushwacker install video, rear wheel well liner needed to be removed. Everything was pretty simple and im sure the while install would have went pretty smooth but all my mount screws were seized and i had to custom install mount brackets.

4x4jkx
4x4jkx's Reviews
12-09-2012, 09:51 AM
Pros: Easy to install. Looks great
Cons: None really.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Install was fairly quick and relatively painless. Getting the speed clips to line up with the screws was the hardest part. Other than that they look great. I'm still having an issue getting the side markers to light up but I think I may have polarity reversed on the LED wires.

sboviall08
sboviall08's Reviews
09-22-2012, 10:11 PM
Price: $435.00
Pros: Great looking and very durable.
Cons: No cons
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great product and I would recommend them to anyone.

dandaman99701
dandaman99701's Reviews
09-17-2012, 07:29 PM
Pros: Like the look, Cover the wheels now, keep the mud out of the interior.
Cons: Expensive plastic, no body protection, labor intensive to install.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I like the look of the flares, they keep mud out of the interior now. No real body protection and they are labor intensive to install. A little pricy for plastic in my opinion.

tjtom2tall

tjtom2tall's Reviews

07-28-2012, 11:00 AM
Price: $580.00
Pros: looks great but will not last on a true wheeling jeep
Cons: You have to cut inner fenders on the jk's ( they do not provide you a template ) there is no upper support ( no hardware ie : screws or bolts ) except dbl sided tape to hold the top part of the fender to the body
Recommended? No

Comments: I should have read the directions before i painted the product ( because i would have returned them ) I do not like the way they use dbl sided tape to hold the top of the flare to the body ( the ONLY thing holding the upper flare to the body ) Every time someone goes to lean on my flares i cringe , i am afraid the flares will pull away from the fender. I can not see them lasting four wheeling the first time my tire hits the flare i imagine it will break right off. but then that will be an excuse to buy the steel flat flares i should have bought

DustinS
DustinS's Reviews
07-14-2012, 02:32 PM
Pros: Looks good, straight forward install.
Cons: None yet.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I just put mine on over the last three days (few hours a day). It was almost 8 hours by the time I was all cleaned up.
Like others said; the black/white is backwards, and you can't hurt anything by hooking it up wrong.
Better to trim the fender liners a little long than a little short; I have one small spot where there's a gap.
The rubber gasket is finnicky. It doesn't stick in all spots; better on the rear than the front. The instructions say to stop at the 'tube feature' but go another inch on each side of all 4 fenders. I had about a foot of gasket left over.

Honestly, with all the curves and details of the JK body, I'm surprised they fit so well.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 > Last