Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Body > Fender Flares > Bushwacker 6" pocket style fender flares

Poison Spyder DeFender Inner Fender KitsCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WDJEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFF

Bushwacker 6" pocket style fender flares Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Fender Flares Next Product

Bushwacker 6" pocket style fender flares

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $700.00
Average Price: $5,263,158,222.05
Manufacturer: Bushwacker
Recommended?
Yes: 100 / No: 13

They lasted about 3 months.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last

garbo1954
garbo1954's Reviews

12-02-2008, 10:00 PM
Price: $400.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: 4' flares work well !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JMP8562
JMP8562's Reviews

11-26-2008, 06:54 AM
Price: $700.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: well it was one of them damm trees that jumped out and ripped the stock flares off i thought they looked great but adding the extra width to the jeep makes me second guess the trail turns i hurclind the flares witch made them look 100% better also had to get wheel spacers due to they made my 33" tires look like p195-75-15 (lol)

Deadman 94 xj
Deadman 94 xj's Reviews

11-26-2008, 05:54 AM
Price: $340.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: They suck. the fronts have held up well and I will keep them but the rears are shot. I plan to replace the rears with rusty's flex flares. Or, I'll redo everything with tube.

TJ-n-triumph
TJ-n-triumph's Reviews

11-17-2008, 11:38 PM
Pros: looks
Cons: brittle, bolts go thru the flare
Recommended? No

Comments: They are the real bushcrackers and were on the heep when I bought it. They collect dirt and mud, and every rime I full flex into one I think its gonna break off. saving money 4 tube fenders

m-323
m-323's Reviews

11-09-2008, 12:35 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: well, its not a 4hr job as quoted. My brother in law is a retired pipe fitter. took us from 11am to 10pm with one break for dinner. problem is the so called self tapping screws they ship with -- they have machine threads! you cant put any tension on them to speak of cause they will rip the tin fenders. we stripped a few and had to add bolts to the inside which required pulling the door panels off! The rear piece mount on the back doors. Drilling holes in the doors, we hit some of the cross members. Sprayed it with primer after but I think it will rust and I don't know how long the bolts will hold for.

then they give you a long strip of rubber that is supposed to be added at the end! after its all done. Figuring there was a reason for this, we did not add the rubber. I have been trying to add it since, unsuccessfully. I wouldn't want to take the bumpers back off, cause the treads would not hold once removed so I don't know how to get the rubber on now.

plus, I had to get them into Canada and after I paid for them and the shipping, the Canadian governement charged me a further 50.00 for "Duties" so if you are planning to buy them and import into Canada, prepare for a another 50.00

jamzusa
jamzusa's Reviews

11-06-2008, 11:02 PM
Pros: Great idea but after all the bad points it's sad to say this is the ONLY fender flares like these on the market. There is basically literally no other cut out fender flares you can install on a Cherokee and that's sad!
Cons: Many... very poor quality bolts that strip, NOT wide enough to cover the tires it's supposed to even cover! No instructions on all the REST of the fabrication and things you'll need to fix the fenderwell after you cut it all up! Price is WAY too high co
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Not 6" but I wish. They are 5" CUT OUTS not pocket style. I had to cut alot of the fenders out to put them on so I can put the 33" tires. Great idea but they aren't wide enough. They should be about 3 more inches wider to just cover the tires. They make them so you can put bigger tires on but them they don't cover them and they look very small because they are not wide enough. It's like wearing flood pants... and we all know how goofy THAT looks... I recommend the Bushwacker make them wider period. There is no point to them if they don't cover the tires they are MADE to compensate for is there?? Confusing! Also, there is ALOT of fabrication and OTHER work you HAVE to do to the fender well or it will rust like iron in a storm... Poor in this way as you have to create it all in your own head and do it, no instructions or any ideas given with the instructions also the hardware, in particular, the screws that are supposed to hold them on? are COMPLETE JUNK! They literally strip out like they are made out of junk metal! I had to BUY stainless cap head allen bolts to hold them on with nylocks and locktite to hold them on or they wouldn't even be ON! Great flares, to a degree but VERY poor instructions/fab help and VERY POOR hardware! You have to be a custom fabricator to install them which I happen to be. Let me know if anyone else has any questions and I'll let you know what I did to install them! Also, forgot the main thing.. the HUGE PRICE! Considering they are barely what you want to cover the tires they don't cover and the extremely poor hardware they overcharge for them then yet! They aren't worth that much! They should have stainless hardware and wider for THAT much money but there, literally is NOTHING else to put on a Jeep Cherokee for larger tires! THIS IS ALL YOU CAN GET! Someone needs to hit this market HARD!

jamzusa
jamzusa's Reviews

11-06-2008, 10:57 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Not 6" but I wish. They are 5" CUT OUTS not pocket style. I had to cut alot of the fenders out to put them on so I can put the 33" tires. Great idea but they aren't wide enough. They should be about 3 more inches wider to just cover the tires. They make them so you can put bigger tires on but them they don't cover them and they look very small because they are not wide enough. It's like wearing flood pants... and we all know how goofy THAT looks... I recommend the Bushwacker make them wider period. There is no point to them if they don't cover the tires they are MADE to compensate for is there?? Confusing! Also, there is ALOT of fabrication and OTHER work you HAVE to do to the fender well or it will rust like iron in a storm... Poor in this way as you have to create it all in your own head and do it, no instructions or any ideas given with the instructions also the hardware, in particular, the screws that are supposed to hold them on? are COMPLETE JUNK! They literally strip out like they are made out of junk metal! I had to BUY stainless cap head allen bolts to hold them on with nylocks and locktite to hold them on or they wouldn't even be ON! Great flares, to a degree but VERY poor instructions/fab help and VERY POOR hardware! You have to be a custom fabricator to install them which I happen to be. Let me know if anyone else has any questions and I'll let you know what I did to install them!

gistecknician
gistecknician's Reviews

10-30-2008, 08:40 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: A must have for those fender wells in need of trimming, also keeps all of the water/mud from the road off of your vehicle and off of everyone elses vehicle on the road

KMA Krawler

KMA Krawler's Reviews

10-23-2008, 05:09 PM
Price: $1.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: These are not Bushwackers...they are 2006 Rubicon flares that I put on my YJ, with a little cutting and welding they look like they can from the factory that way. No problems packing the fender wells.

Snottus
Snottus's Reviews

10-23-2008, 07:47 AM
Price: $450.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Even though the install was a little nasty, I really like them. They provide nice cover and look great. Not too happy with the supplied mountingscrews, but it worked out.

SamPsychoWise

SamPsychoWise's Reviews

10-14-2008, 11:53 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: mean looking
My Jeep now has a more aggressive look to her
Very easy install, just push the bolts threw the holes and add the nuts

SimonTuffGuy

[I'm That Good]
SimonTuffGuy's Reviews

10-14-2008, 06:17 PM
Price: $200.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Bushwacker knock-off's from EBay... But they're pretty good, give the tire coverage I need for PA's inspections and they've taken a beating and still look pretty good. Hopefully to be replaced with some flat fenders and corner guards with flares from AtoZ at some point.

Hockey1

Hockey1's Reviews

10-13-2008, 09:12 PM
Price: $150.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: They arent bushwacker, they are knockoffs from ebay. I think they look great and you cant tell that they el-cheapos!

Gscheidle
Gscheidle's Reviews

09-14-2008, 01:39 PM
Price: $300.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: These are great for added flex. I cut the fenders as far as I could to allow for these to still fit and be road legal.

cptnslow
cptnslow's Reviews

09-12-2008, 08:30 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: luv the looks of them , dont think the plastic is very durable , crack easily

jackbauersmom

jackbauersmom's Reviews

09-03-2008, 09:01 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: like them so far, actually have the 4 3/4" pocket flares. i like the fact the tires still stick out a little past them. bought them for the look and because my factory flares were in terrible condition.

fieldsaw
fieldsaw's Reviews

09-03-2008, 08:47 PM
Price: $450.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: These look cool on any rig and install isnt to difficult. Just make sure you put the adhesive trim on right .

ForestGreen
ForestGreen's Reviews

08-07-2008, 11:44 AM
Price: $300.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great flares, wider than I imagined though. I may change back to stock style in future.Just personal taste, nothing against these.

Gravesdiggerxj
Gravesdiggerxj's Reviews

08-05-2008, 03:59 PM
Price: $40.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: just the rears so cops don't hassle me................................................ .................................................. ..............................................

DeL2000
DeL2000's Reviews

07-10-2008, 03:25 PM
Price: $299.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Easy to install, and seems very durable, giving the TJ a nice look overall!

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last