Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Body > Fender Flares > Bushwacker 6" pocket style fender flares

Savvy FOX IFP 4" Lift Shocks in StockSavvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Bushwacker 6" pocket style fender flares Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Fender Flares Next Product

Bushwacker 6" pocket style fender flares

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $700.00
Average Price: $5,154,639,504.85
Manufacturer: Bushwacker
Recommended?
Yes: 102 / No: 13

They lasted about 3 months.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last

Steel4Pens

Steel4Pens's Reviews
02-13-2012, 10:23 PM
Price: $150.00
Pros: Looks great Doesn't fade
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I love these. I got them second hand, but they were brand new in the box. The guy bought them for his son, but his son wrecked his Jeep, so his loss my gain. I love that they are tough and do not fade like the stock ones do. They look amazing on a Jeep. I will put these on any Jeep I ever buy.

vanek11
vanek11's Reviews
02-02-2012, 10:04 PM
Price: $1.00
Pros: look good
Cons: n/a
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Work great for me, love the styling they provide.

shiftclick

shiftclick's Reviews
12-31-2011, 01:46 PM
Price: $200.00
Pros: Easy to install and great quality.
Cons: Not very good instructions and there was only enough rubber tape for the flares, not rock guards.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: These aren't Bushwhacker branded, but they are an identical knock off from eBay. I think the manufacturer is Prestige. The eBay seller was HeavyDutyTrucks.

shiftclick

shiftclick's Reviews
12-31-2011, 01:46 PM
Price: $200.00
Pros: Easy to install and great quality.
Cons: Not very good instructions and there was only enough rubber tape for the flares, not rock guards.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: These aren't Bushwhacker branded, but they are an identical knock off from eBay. I think the manufacturer is Prestige. The eBay seller was HeavyDutyTrucks.

Hellions
Hellions's Reviews
11-29-2011, 10:51 PM
Price: $400.00
Pros: Solid construction. Good tire coverage. Look great!
Cons: A real pain to install; especially the front flares due to the odd curves on the fender.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Although I really love these flares, the installation took WAY to long. The instruction are detailed enough it's just time consuming. Since drilling into the body is required you have to double a triple check before you commit to the hole. As much time as I took, I still miss-drilled one of the holes into a seam. This meant repositioning the entire flare and re-drilling the hole. The good thing about the install is that it is very easy to transfer the hole location measurements from one side of the Jeep to the other which really makes the second half of the installation a breeze.
Another issue is with the stainless hardware supplied with the kit. I realize SS is softer than many metals, but I had two of the screws strip when screwing them into the sheet metal. The threads basically peeled away.
Nonetheless, the effort is well worth it and there's no denying how good they look.

Side Note: I suggest trimming the rear sheet metal a little more aggressively than the instructions suggest.

moshmont

moshmont's Reviews
10-26-2011, 11:22 AM
Price: $377.00
Pros: Durable & a perfect fit.
Cons: Side marker holes don't line up.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I bought these flares to fit with the wider tires I had put on & to keep the slop from throwing up the sides of the Jeep.
Easy to install & they look real good. The only problem I had was to trim the side marker holes to fit the lenses.
The price is a little high, but what do you expect from Bushwacker ?

dscabra
dscabra's Reviews
10-10-2011, 11:20 PM
Price: $250.00
Pros: Good quality and fit
Cons: PITA to install. Take away quite a bit of tire clearence compared to flat style flares.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The rubber seal is a pain to get right during install. Also, if your old factory flares have been on for a while you may have some paint damage that will need to be fixed before installing these.

JPaulson923
JPaulson923's Reviews
08-14-2011, 02:37 PM
Price: $275.00
Pros: look great and I was able to paint them to the color of my jeep.
Cons: break a little easier than expected but not to bad.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: These fender flares can look great on pretty much any jeep because of their style and different look they stand out compared to the oem flares. Also they can be painted the color you want as long as you do it the right way. I highly recommend these if going to after market flares.

s_beckerle
s_beckerle's Reviews
06-05-2011, 03:01 PM
Price: $125.00
Pros: Added protection from the toss of stuff from my tires.
Cons: Not very flexible, but I know thats not really a trait of these.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Added protection from the toss of stuff from my tires.

weidmaier
weidmaier's Reviews
04-24-2011, 11:12 PM
Price: $300.00
Pros: wide
Cons: crack
Recommended? No

Comments: crack easy

87yellowyj
87yellowyj's Reviews
04-04-2011, 09:34 PM
Price: $499.99
Pros: nice looking
Cons: kinda cheap plastic
Recommended? Yes

Comments: love em

roughrider
roughrider's Reviews
03-28-2011, 02:38 PM
Price: $550.00
Pros: looks great
Cons: a little hassle to get to fit perfectly
Recommended? Yes

Comments: great add on to my jeep.. look great and really add to the tough look. kind of a pain to get to fit perfectly on my jeep and a little expensive but very much so worth it!

TurboDave

TurboDave's Reviews
03-03-2011, 09:08 PM
Price: $450.00
Pros: Work well
Cons: Expensive
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Had Bushwhackers on previous '99 TJ and feel they are superb.

TJLove
TJLove's Reviews
01-21-2011, 10:00 PM
Pros: Add such a great look to the Jeep body!
Cons: Nothing major, just prevent mud from getting on the jeep while off-roading :)
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This is the first thing I look at when I see my Jeep! Adds meatiness to the body and if you're replacing the old OEM flares, it makes it look like a whole new Jeep!

thelastcj
thelastcj's Reviews
11-22-2010, 10:07 PM
Price: $350.00
Pros: look good and legal with oversized tires
Cons: Not as durable as they say all of mine are cracked from wheeling.
Recommended? No

Comments: Not worth the money 2 me, if your building a street princess and want the look then get them, if u wheel like i do u will just end up breaking them.

johnboy68

HIP2BSQR
johnboy68's Reviews
09-01-2010, 10:45 AM
Price: $150.00
Pros: Covers wider tires and rims with more backspacing. Adds room for more flex and bigger tire.
Cons: Scratches easy, but doesn't look bad with scratches. You have to drill all new holes. Only attaches with sheet metal screws. Hasn't been a problem yet.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I DID NOT GET Bushwacker brand flares. They are eBay TAG fender flares and perfect if you like the Bushwacker style flares and a reasonable price. They do require drilling but are easy to install. They seem rigid but I have ran mine up against trees and they have flexed and not cracked. Also, they do scratch easy but don't look bad when scratched. I would buy them again.

robob280
robob280's Reviews
08-22-2010, 12:01 PM
Price: $130.00
Pros: Great for 31x10.5x15 tires and look awesome on black
Cons: Great except for they don't cover the existing holes or scratches from the old flares too well
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great except for they don't cover the existing holes or scratches from the old flares too well

95YJohn
95YJohn's Reviews
08-04-2010, 10:55 PM
Price: $350.00
Pros: extra coverage
Cons: scratch easily
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I Love 'em!
keeps cops off my tail!
they cover most my tire and easily clean up

allhungup
allhungup's Reviews
07-22-2010, 09:44 PM
Pros: look real nice
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Easy install, very sharp looking. Gives the jeep a bigger stance. Traded my stock flares to another forum member for the bushwackers. Great deal huh

jeeping74
jeeping74's Reviews
04-15-2010, 04:52 AM
Pros: easy install
Recommended? Yes

Comments: When it comes to fender flares the hardest thing to do is getting your old ones off. I bought the Bushwacker 4 3/4" pocket fender flares. The great thing is there is no modifying to install the flares, along with they look great. Bushwacker provides all the hardware needed to install the new flares. Remember to check and see how much tire coverage you need. Trust me you don't want flares that are going 2 or 3 inches past your tires, it wont look good at all. I will add one more thing. I don't see this and a con but more of something you need to understand before ordering. Bushwacker flares have a down slop to them. So if you don't have a lift and you plan on taking it off road there is a good chance you are going to rub tires with the flares.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last