They lasted about 3 months.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Rating 4
Pros aggresive look
Cons feels a little brittle
Recommended yes

Comments: i really like the looks. they feel brittle. i've rubbed them up against some trees and they haven't cracked yet, but i feel like it's only a matter of time...

#3 ·
Price $200
Rating 2
Pros Looks good. 6" of tire coverage.
Cons Can't step on them. Way too brittle. They angle down a bit, so depending on your set-up, tires may rub them at full flex.
Recommended no

Comments: You can find the off-brand Bushwackers at places like 4wheelparts for $200 or less. They're the exact same flares. There's no way I'd pay $400 for a set of these things.

Edit: After cracking two of the four flares, and pulling multiple bolts through the flare's mounting surface, I finally took these off and replaced them with the stock flares. Found out that TN doesn't have a law on tire coverage, and I think they look better anyways.

#4 ·
Recommended yes

Comments: Don't get the 200 knockoffs. They're total crapp I have them and they are really flimsy and break easy, and annoying to install. Save up your money on the rea ones, My friend has a set and they rock. Tough and stylish.

#5 ·
Rating 1
Pros Looks Good.
Cons Brittle.
Recommended no

Comments: I had the 4.5 inch version of this item. These flares are good looking but they are brittle. The mounting hardware started to rust after about 6 months and the pockets were magnets for dust and dirt. These flares didn't wrap around the edge of the fender so that edge took a lot of damage from road debris.

This was not one of my better purchases for my LJ.

#6 ·
Rating 2
Pros look good. keep me from getting pulled over
Cons break easily. not offroad worthy
Recommended no

Comments: i have had my xj in the mud 3 times and have busted 3 out of 4 flares. they are true bushwackers, not knockoffs, and are honestly junk. i dont reccomend them to anyone that does any kind of offroading. yes they can be replaced by bushwacker by warranty, but the warranty does cover the pita of the drilling and reinstallation.

#7 ·
Rating 4
Pros They look awesome. The Bushwacker version feel sturdy. They have plenty of tire coverage.
Cons They are a pain and the *** to install in the rear. They don't bend like the OEM style.
Recommended yes

Comments: I would recommend NOT getting the $200 4 wheel parts version of the bushwacker flares. I went down this road and they are total CRAP. The bushwacker flares (6") are much stronger and I haven't had any problems with them.

One of the 4 wheel part flares tore off of my Jeep at 50mph on the highway and scratched my paint. I had it repaired and 3 weeks later the right rear flare broke off. I remember taking them out of the box when I first got them and thinking they felt like thin plastic. Also, the bolt covers are JUNK.

Anyhow, the Bushwacker flares really are quality flares. Just pay the extra $$$ and get the best. You do pay for what you get.

#8 ·
Rating 4
Pros Look great, lots of tire coverage
Cons Afraid of breaking them at times..
Recommended yes

Comments: I really like the look of these flares. I don't do any kind of wheeling where I'm running into trees or rocks, so I'm not concerned about damaging the flares off road. Everything is wide open where I live, no narrow trails to speak of. But all the negative hype still has me worried about them occasionally, when a friend decides to lean on them or something like that. These flares don't do much for peace of mind, but they do wonders for aesthetics (in my opinion) so it's worth it for me. Plus I got my set as a direct trade for my OEM flares, so it only cost me shipping! :thumbsup:

#9 ·
Rating 4
Pros good looks
Cons havent broke yet but you cant help feel that one day they will.
Recommended yes

Comments: First i bought the smittybilt ones, they are the worst thing i have ever purchased. 4wheelparts took them back after 2 weeks of use. I have had these on for about 6 months or more now and all is good. they keep the jeep clean with the bigger wheels and tyres.

#10 ·
Rating 2
Pros They look great
Cons I have had them 3 months and already cracked one
Recommended yes

Comments: They look great and stylish but they easily brake

#12 ·
Price $380
Rating 4
Recommended yes

Comments: Awesome looks!

#14 ·
Price $175
Rating 5
Recommended yes

Comments: There were a few nut and bolts missing in the original box. I called bushwacker and they sent me another set of hardware for free.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.