User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back > Reviews > Body > Body Lifts > GenRight - Body Mount Lift Kit, TJ/LJ

ROGUE FAB Tubing Bender with choice of 180 degree die set TeraFlex BIG Brake kit Jeep JK **Deals At Rockridge4wd.comBlack Friday and Cyber Monday Sales at

GenRight - Body Mount Lift Kit, TJ/LJ Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  CB & Ham Radios
  Axle Shafts
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Throttle Body
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Previous Product Body Lifts

GenRight - Body Mount Lift Kit, TJ/LJ

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: |

Product Information

MSRP: $99.99
Average Price: $100.00
Manufacturer: GenRight
Yes: 1 / No: 0
Company Website:

GenRight's mounts are Laser cut from Heavy Duty 3/16" thick plate steel and move the entire mount up on the frame.

- 6 piece kit (3 for each side).
- Complete replacement mounts.
- Allows you to remove the 1" body lift puck.
- Mounts higher on the frame so it is less likely to get hit.
- Laser cut & formed from Heavy Duty 3/16" thick plate steel.
- 30% thicker material than stock mount.
- Sold as a set (two front, middle and rear mounts).

Login or Register to Add Review

Sahara Surfer
Sahara Surfer's Reviews

08-11-2012, 09:41 AM
Price: $100.00
Pros: Improves clearance, by removing snag points. Gets rid of the ugly pucks. Beefy, 3/16" thick steel.
Cons: Actual lift difference in my set was not 1 inch as advertised but rather a little over 1.25 inches. Manual makes no reference to this discrepancy.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I was doing a frame extension when I decided this would be a great alteration to do while the tub was out of the way. My Jeep has a 1" body lift already and this made sense. Not only would the mounts be less likely to get smacked while on the trails, but I had some ready made mounts to replace the mounts I would be cutting off.

When I received the mounts, I was impressed with their stoutness and what seemed like a precision cut construction. I was in for a bit of a surprise as far as the precision thing...

After I cut the first of my mounts off, I placed the Genright mount in its location and noticed that the gap between the tub and the top of the mount seemed really small. Note that I had not removed the bolts on the five other side body mounts and the tub was still at ride height.

I took some measurements and it seemed like the bracket offset was more like 1.25" rather than the advertised 1". I checked the other mount locations and they were all around the same range. At first, I thought it was my Jeep that was the oddity or that maybe I was not seating them properly to make accurate measurements. But it just so happens, that I have section of another TJ frame with their mounts still on them. I clamped the corresponding Genright mount on one and took some measurements:

As you can see from the images, it is closer to 1 3/8" this time.

On this image, you can verify that I compared it with the correct corresponding mount... look how the holes line up.

This is really not a big deal. It was no problem to grind off the extra material and after it was installed, it got the job done. I don't know if I just got a goofed up set or if they are all like that. If I had to guess, maybe they did that to accommodate all those 1.25" body lifts out there for the Rubicon owners. If this is the case, I wish they had made this clear in all their literature. I can see someone lifting the tub, rushing through this, and then being surprised when the other five mounts have gaps in them.

Needless to say, I do like these mounts and they have saved me fabrication time, which is why I would still recommend them.