Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Body > Body Lifts > Daystar 1" poly body lift

Labor Day Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Daystar 1" poly body lift Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Body Lifts Next Product

Daystar 1" poly body lift

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $220.00
Average Price: $116.97
Manufacturer: Daystar
Recommended?
Yes: 98 / No: 2

A good 1" body lift is often the answer to the common oversized tire rub problem. Daystar combines the popular 1" body lift with polyurethane. These are not body puck spacers that you use with your conventional mounts. Longer polyurethane bushings replace the mushy factory rubber bushings to provide less body roll over conventional body lifts. Kits also include longer zinc plated bolts and body washers. The nice thing about a body lift is that it will not compromise the vehicles handling and ride characteristics. Limited Lifetime Warranty. Available in black, red or yellow. Will allow most 31" tires to fit (depends on width and offset).

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 > Last

jeepwrangler97

jeepwrangler97's Reviews

07-26-2010, 11:54 PM
Price: $150.00
Pros: Drives better, complete replacement mounts, more clearance for raised gas tank and a tummy tuck.
Cons: The only real downside was reusing the stock steel inserts, one of them took me nearly half an hour to get out of the stock mount.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: If you have a pretty old Jeep, or rust, I would look into ordering at least a few of the mount inserts from the dealer, one of mine took a long time to get out and I don't have much rust on my TJ. Other than that, it is complete and I like the way the Jeep drives after, but I am also running poly engine and trans mounts as well.

eas0202233
eas0202233's Reviews
07-26-2010, 02:28 PM
Price: $100.00
Pros: quality
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Got it from amazon great price shipped fast

rocko-n-miss

rocko-n-miss's Reviews
07-19-2010, 11:11 PM
Price: $95.00
Pros: complete kit almost complete instructions.
Cons: fading,
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Wanted black they sent red, called they said their choice since out of stock??????? Really, thought I was the buyer! A phone call would have been nice. the red fades out quickly!

luckychris
luckychris's Reviews
06-24-2010, 05:39 PM
Pros: pretty easy to install, makes a nice difference in ride (vs the factory rubber)
Cons: none, aside from not being able to sit on bigger tires
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I really just wanted to replace my stock rubber with something a wee-bit taller, and never worry about replacing it again.
The kit was really easy to install, and I'm really pleased with the results

dropped74

dropped74's Reviews
06-06-2010, 09:27 PM
Price: $109.00
Pros: Gave me the needed lift and replaced worn out body mounts.
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This is a great product but the instructions could have been more detailed.

WillysEdition04

WillysEdition04's Reviews
05-12-2010, 05:16 PM
Price: $95.00
Pros: Replaces rubber mount, so no stacking of plastic and rubber pucks. Poly will last forever on this rig.
Cons: Poly makes for a slightly stiffer ride than rubber
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Pretty easy install, I like that it's one piece instead of stacking a puck on the factory bushing.

Jims-87YJ

Jims-87YJ's Reviews
05-09-2010, 06:46 PM
Price: $110.00
Pros: Nice kit everything included, Great Customer service!
Cons: Bought the red kit and after almost three years the front rad supports became real faded and started to deteriorate, called Daystar and they shipped out replacements!!!
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This kit is very nice, included everything, and there customer service is awesome.

akordboy

akordboy's Reviews
05-07-2010, 11:46 AM
Price: $1.00
Pros: 
Cons: 
Recommended? Yes

Comments:

Marctwayne

Marctwayne's Reviews
03-30-2010, 11:51 PM
Price: $120.00
Pros: Complete kit Full replacement of factory mounts
Cons: None so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Box showed up with everything that is needed. The parts went in with very little work. hardest part about doing the body lift was keeping 15 plus years of dirt out of your eyes. Oh the joys of working under a Jeep. Start to finish was about 2 hr.

bzoerb
bzoerb's Reviews
03-12-2010, 05:45 AM
Pros: polyurethane bushings replace the mushy factory rubber bushings to provide less body roll over conventional body lifts
Cons: seems good no neg
Recommended? Yes

Comments:
A good 1 body lift is often the answer to the common oversized tire rub problem. Daystar combines the popular 1 body lift with polyurethane. These are not body puck spacers that you use with your conventional mounts. Longer polyurethane bushings replace the mushy factory rubber bushings to provide less body roll over conventional body lifts. Kits also include longer zinc plated bolts and body washers. The nice thing about a body lift is that it will not compromise the vehicles handling and ride characteristics. Limited Lifetime Warranty. Available in black, red or yellow. Will allow most 31 tires to fit (depends on width and offset).

MountainGrizz

MountainGrizz's Reviews
02-24-2010, 01:40 PM
Pros: Added Wheel Tuck, Added Lift
Cons: Takes alot of time installing.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I added the body lift to my 4" suspension lift, perfect ride for 35". I was able to raise my fuel tank 1" with the body lift, and now going to get a Belly Skid to raise my trasfer case.

weldonfoto
weldonfoto's Reviews
02-03-2010, 09:26 PM
Price: $140.00
Pros: well made, everything needed, easy install
Cons: not cheaper, wish it came with adapters for dropping the radiator shroud.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Installed this body lift kit in about half a day intermixed with doing a few other things while the body was lifted from the frame. Was an easy install, mostly because my original body mounts were not rusted in like so many others older jeeps. Hardest part was figuring out how best to drop the radiator shroud but that was just making choices. 1" BL is just enough, any more would look bad and it gives my 29" tire just enough clearance on old/worn springs. Haven't notices any negative effects.

armywrench94

armywrench94's Reviews
11-09-2009, 10:18 PM
Pros: Easy to install
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Good quality body lift I would recomend this lift

Boodyrider
Boodyrider's Reviews
11-01-2009, 01:56 AM
Price: $50.00
Pros: lifts the body, clearance for BL, bellyup, and raised gas skid
Cons: reuses stock components
Recommended? Yes

Comments: So far has held up well.

Nitro_Man
Nitro_Man's Reviews
10-28-2009, 11:33 AM
Price: $65.00
Pros: Very nice, I used the red ones
Cons: Not a complete kit, had to purcase the mushroom type steel inserts.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Nice product. Looks nice on vehicle. Being a '93 several install problems - Every bolt broke. Actually gave my jeep almost 2 inches since my body was literally on the frame.

g-love
g-love's Reviews
10-07-2009, 12:38 PM
Price: $125.00
Pros: Complete kit including hardware
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I bought this kit because I needed new body mounts and wanted the extra tire clearance for my upcoming mod of bigger tires and a suspension lift. It drives better after the install. Some of my old mounts were pretty beat. I would recommend this to anyone that is thinking about it.

g-love
g-love's Reviews
10-07-2009, 12:36 PM
Price: $125.00
Pros: Complete kit including hardware
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I bought this because I needed new body mounts anyway and figured it wouldn't hurt to have a little more tire clearance for my future project of bigger tires and a suspension lift. The kit is complete with hardware and was easy to install. When driving, it feels slightly better after installed. Some of my old mounts were pretty trashed.

Sidewinder

Sidewinder's Reviews
09-23-2009, 06:13 PM
Pros: good lift
Recommended? Yes

Comments: 1" daystar. what else can be said?

dbikers
dbikers's Reviews
08-16-2009, 09:22 AM
Price: $99.00
Pros: easy access to upper trans bolts
Cons: it's a body lift
Recommended? Yes

Comments: what can i say, it's a 1 inch lift. was more expensive than some kits but i didn't want to deplete my childhood hockey puck collection to lift my jeep either. Good quality stuff and it works

zachjf
zachjf's Reviews
08-13-2009, 05:51 AM
Price: $136.00
Pros: solid poly pucks, included extra small parts with kit in case something gets broken/lost, body no longer leans or feel "soft" on/off road
Cons: pain to install in certain spots, tiny bit more road vibration but goes unnoticed unless you try to feel it
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great kit, for the most part very easy to install, tightened up body roll, clears my 31x10.50's perfectly

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 > Last