Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Body > Body Lifts > Daystar 1" poly body lift

The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits WJ Modular Recovery & Bull Bar Relocation Packages

Daystar 1" poly body lift Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Body Lifts Next Product

Daystar 1" poly body lift

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $220.00
Average Price: $116.97
Manufacturer: Daystar
Recommended?
Yes: 98 / No: 2

A good 1" body lift is often the answer to the common oversized tire rub problem. Daystar combines the popular 1" body lift with polyurethane. These are not body puck spacers that you use with your conventional mounts. Longer polyurethane bushings replace the mushy factory rubber bushings to provide less body roll over conventional body lifts. Kits also include longer zinc plated bolts and body washers. The nice thing about a body lift is that it will not compromise the vehicles handling and ride characteristics. Limited Lifetime Warranty. Available in black, red or yellow. Will allow most 31" tires to fit (depends on width and offset).

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 > Last

01saharatj
01saharatj's Reviews
07-08-2014, 09:52 AM
Price: $125.00
Pros: Adds room for Tummy Tuck
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Installed pretty easily in about 2 hours by myself. Came with all hardware. Had to notch out space in the fan shroud for the lower radiator hose since I didn't do the MML along with it.

ACs95YJ
ACs95YJ's Reviews
06-24-2014, 08:27 PM
Price: $100.00
Pros: Cheap and all the parts came in kit
Cons: Zero
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I love this body lift mount kit. It came with all the bolts and bushings and washers and mine were totally unusable

cmoore224
cmoore224's Reviews
04-18-2014, 05:57 PM
Price: $150.00
Pros: Great Material, Easy Install, Perfect amount of lift
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Love the material and the fact the "lift" is literally the body mount!

tsa1980
tsa1980's Reviews

03-30-2014, 09:06 PM
Price: $120.00
Pros: Total replacement
Cons: None yet
Recommended? No

Comments: Nice BL. Did it along with a MML to avoid fan shroud issues, TC linkage problems, gear shift problems..... Got it at amazon for great price. Easy install. Not much difference in ride quality

strego
strego's Reviews

03-05-2014, 09:25 PM
Pros: Easy Installation, Looks a lot better than using pucks
Cons: Bolts are definitely not as high quality or grade as the factory ones they replaced. Also, the kit should include new inner bushings because half of my factory ones were in pretty bad condition.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Overall it wasn't a bad kit to install but getting the factory mounts out from above the rear axle area kinda sucked... also putting those grille supports back in and getting the little cone to hook in was a pita. I would recommend this lift, but forget relocating the fan shroud, get a MML! I used Brown Dog Offroads and it was the perfect fit!

RecklessJ
RecklessJ's Reviews
02-22-2014, 10:37 AM
Price: $110.00
Pros: easy install, quality components
Cons: COG was noticeably different after
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I would have never done a BL but I did a tummy tuck and mml lift...

Zenex
Zenex's Reviews
12-17-2013, 11:52 AM
Pros: good product
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Dont have anything to say about the product, a body lift is a body lift and he do he's job.

elite56
elite56's Reviews
11-15-2013, 01:49 AM
Price: $1.00
Pros: New everything
Recommended? Yes

Comments: High quality

chopperkid2000

chopperkid2000's Reviews
11-03-2013, 05:46 PM
Pros: 1" lift.
Cons: Metal sleeves too large
Recommended? No

Comments: I had to carry all my metal sleeves to the shed and fire up the grinding wheel. I had to file all of the down to fit in the body mounts. Far from bolt on.

RDJ89
RDJ89's Reviews
08-25-2013, 07:01 AM
Pros: Easy install
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The body lift first arrived missing one of the bushes but no worries rang supplier and had it 3 days later even though it came from the US.
Set about installing it Sat morning and a few hours later it was installed.
it is supplied with rad fan shroud re-locater but didn't use as I installed 1" motor lift. Once installed the ride still feels good.

StanF
StanF's Reviews
05-13-2013, 04:42 PM
Price: $85.00
Pros: Easy to install. Replaces all parts.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Excellent, excellent, excellent.

Radiator support install was not well document in the instructions, and required a trip to the forum to figure out the best install technique.

Purchased a new kit on eBay at a great price. Normal price is quite a bit more than I paid.

alcala1219
alcala1219's Reviews
04-04-2013, 03:04 AM
Price: $152.00
Pros: replaced all my old mounts
Cons: save the OEM steel inserts. replace the front radiator mount you pull the shroud off then a drill the new holes also you have to make a notch for the lower radiator hose
Recommended? Yes

Comments: the install was about 3 hours since i was doing a tub swap but if your looking to just give your ride a lift and follow the instructions the process will be a lot faster. you do have to modify the fan shroud for this lift. you may have to notch the shroud for the lower radiator hose and you should modify the shroud when replacing the front mount

surfnut
surfnut's Reviews
03-31-2013, 08:57 AM
Price: $99.00
Pros: -
Cons: -
Recommended? Yes

Comments: they fit right in but had issues removing old rusted out bolts but we got it in

DJeepinOK
DJeepinOK's Reviews
01-23-2013, 10:38 PM
Price: $152.00
Pros: Quick and easy to install. I like that it replaces the oem rubbers rather than just spacing them up.
Cons: Reuses the oem top metal plate and inner tube that goes inside the blocks. MIne were really rusted - would like to have had new ones...also the instructions a bit akward. Showed blocks were mine had none.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Actual height as soon as we dropped off the lift was about 1.5". I think the factory spacers had been squished. This was very easy to install - except for the 2 rubber radiator bumper supports up front. Also needed a right-angle drill to relocate the fan shroud. It does seem to be a comlete kit, as it also had the 1" drop bracket for transfer case shift linkage. Fortunately we had the skid plate off changing the transmission!

Hunter7158

Hunter7158's Reviews
01-05-2013, 10:40 PM
Price: $200.00
Pros: Easy Clearance for tires and other upgrades
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Forget the price I paid. Daystar makes great products with great instructions. Definitely would recommend.

Chuck_WeZy
Chuck_WeZy's Reviews
10-18-2012, 10:39 AM
Pros: Good instructions and allows for other mods by making room above the engine and drive train in general.
Cons: Larger BLs will alter center of gravity and the geometry of the Jeep.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Very easy install to begin with but the instructions and pictures will eliminate any doubt. The only hard part is dealing with some tight spaces in the grille and seized bolts if your Jeep is older. I have no issues after over 5 years of use and abuse and I have given no maintenance besides checking the torque of the bolts.

yj94ne
yj94ne's Reviews
08-20-2012, 10:52 AM
Price: $115.00
Pros: ..
Cons: ..
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Seems good so far. Poly bushings are much better than the crushed 20 year old stock bushings

jrayzhunter
jrayzhunter's Reviews
06-20-2012, 11:40 AM
Price: $110.00
Pros: Easy Install Quality Product
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The body lift provided the perfect lift and was simple to install. (Harder for me because I had to fabricate new body mounts because the old ones sheared off the tub). Directions were easy to follow and no need to buy extra products. Could be installed in a couple of hours with limited problems.

jonji01

jonji01's Reviews
05-18-2012, 09:05 AM
Pros: Easy install
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Good product

flying76cj7
flying76cj7's Reviews
05-03-2012, 02:14 AM