Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Body > Body Lifts > Currie 1" Aluminum Body Lift

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Currie 1" Aluminum Body Lift Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Body Lifts Next Product

Currie 1" Aluminum Body Lift

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $100.00
Average Price: $82.29
Manufacturer: Currie
Recommended?
Yes: 7 / No: 1

1" Body lift put of Aluminum. Comes with all needed hardware. Easy to install in about 1/2 hour.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

99SprintST
99SprintST's Reviews
05-30-2014, 10:52 AM
Price: $100.00
Pros: These are actually Rokmen. Get your list up to date!
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Rokmen 1" billet aluminum body lift. Added with a 1" motor mount lift by Rokmen for me in October. Works great, no issues.

jeepjoe4

jeepjoe4's Reviews
06-28-2010, 07:30 PM
Price: $1.00
Pros: strong
Cons: body lift :(
Recommended? Yes

Comments: not a fan of body lift did mine to lift the engine so as not to have to drop the trans case oh and it was a gift so i dont know the price sorry

MoCab
MoCab's Reviews
12-05-2009, 03:05 AM
Pros: quality, and pucks are black. grill bumpers are long urethane no blocks to install.
Cons: non
Recommended? Yes

Comments: simple install, good instruction and heck it is Currie!

RaggedOleMan

RaggedOleMan's Reviews

06-30-2009, 03:48 PM
Pros: Install was easy
Cons: Not included items are the bracket for the transfer case linkage or steering linkage to adjust for the modified relationship between the body & frame
Recommended? No

Comments: The kit is fine for what it is: "A Body Lift" It lifts the body fine, however, the kit doesn't include components to adjust for the difference in the steering or t-case linkage geometry. The steering bracket on the Tj (my 05 Tj-x anyway) is mounted on the frame while the rest of the steering components are mounted to the frame. Consequently, the geometry changes when you lift the body and the Currie kit doesn't deal with that. It's a P.I.T.A. fix with the bracket from M.O.R.E., but it solves the problem at additional cost and inconvenience...

The transfer case linkage is also subject to similar issues and also not dealt with the Currie kit. It would have been okay if Currie had just mentioned these potential issues in their instrcutions, but, they didn't. M.O.R.E. on the other hand speaks specifically to these issues AND their instructions are much more complete...

All of this is fine, because I suppose the body lift from Currie assumes the installer is aware of these other issues. But, for those of us a little naive to the mechanics & geometry we get a lesson and additional expense and it ends up being a bit of a disappointment. It would have been a better value all the way around to go with M.O.R.E. right off the bat.

At the end of the day, it's (Currie) an excellent product, but, I'd still encourage the purchase of the M.O.R.E. "kit" because they DO take those thing's into consideration and the naive buyer isn't left hanging. Would I reccomend Curtrie? Absolutely, but, only for those who are more informed from the get go, not the novice mechanic like myself.

Yes, I should have bought the M.O.R.E. but I didn't. Live and learn and share what you've learned, eh?

~jL
Seattle, WA

BrokerDon
BrokerDon's Reviews

05-04-2008, 05:54 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: AWESOME! When used with the Currie 4" Johnny Joint suspension system, it really puts the body in the PERFECT location that dramatically helps clear rocks while not making our TJ "tippy" like most 6" lifted TJs I've seen.

FireMedicZ
FireMedicZ's Reviews

04-25-2008, 11:09 AM
Price: $75.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Easy install, I needed a lift for the Rokmen gas tank skid and this suited my purpose perfectly.

thejafe

thejafe's Reviews

04-23-2008, 11:46 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Excellent kit. Includes Grade 8 hardware unlike most manufacturers. Also, these pucks encapsulate your stock body mounts instead of simply sitting on top. Nice design.

WKENDWARIOR69

WKENDWARIOR69's Reviews

04-13-2008, 12:59 AM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Very easy to install. Only took 1/2 hour.