Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Body > Body Lifts > BDS Suspension - Bds 3"

Dual Color LED Light Bars White/AmberFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15”/16″ Big Brake Kit w/Bla

BDS Suspension - Bds 3" Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Body Lifts Next Product

BDS Suspension - Bds 3"

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $750.78
Average Price: $711.67
Manufacturer: BDS Suspension
Recommended?
Yes: 3 / No: 0
Company Website: http://bds-suspension.com/index.php

BDS Suspension 3" Lift Kit for the 2007 - 2010 Jeep Wrangler JK 4 door 4WD - Standard Jeep or Rubicon.

This kit comes with 3" Pro-Ride Coil Springs capable of full coil bind and 2" bump stop extensions to control the commpression travel, but increase wheel travel. Brake line relocation brackets are supplied to handle the added wheel travel. Many companies don't include anything to correct your alignment, but BDS includes cam bolts for the front lower control arms to fine tune the caster angle. Front Ultimate Sway Bar Disconnects are included for non-rubicon models or fixed links for rubicon models for use with the factory disconnect system. In the rear, sway bar drop brackets are included instead of longer sway bar links to allow the use of a factory wheel and larger tire. To correct the rear axle shift from the lift, a rear frame mounted track bar relocation bracket is included. The kit comes standard with BDS 5500 series custom valved shock absorbers for a smooth ride.

Tire & Wheel Combinations
35" x 12.50" w/17 x 9 and 4-1/2" back spacing
Est. Installation: 6 hours
Difficulty Level (easy 1 - 5 complicated): 2

Proudly Made in the USA All BDS Suspension products are made in America. Buying American ensures that you are getting quality products made from quality materials. Just as important is the fact that buying American keeps your hard-earned money in the American economy. This is one of the biggest ways we as consumers can help revitalize the American economy and strengthen the US dollar. It doesn’t matter whether you are buying clothing, groceries or parts for your truck…buy American and buy with confidence that your money will stay in America.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

92yjbeastjeep
92yjbeastjeep's Reviews
10-17-2013, 08:15 PM
Price: $85.00
Pros: Easy to install and great price
Cons: none so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have always been against body lifts, however this system has proven me wrong. I put it on about a year ago and have loved that it was so cheap to get clearance, I can not attest to high center of gravity as I have a full width axles on my toy. With full width axles i do not feel wobbly or top heavy.

TheLazyC

TheLazyC's Reviews
03-13-2013, 08:43 PM
Price: $1,400.00
Pros: Great Lift and look, affordable
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Really changed the appearance of my JKU, and gave it enough lift to accommodate my 35" tires.

Kindness

Kindness's Reviews

07-27-2011, 10:13 AM
Price: $650.00
Pros: Lifetime Replacement Warranty
Cons: Sticky "Quick-release" Swaybar Connectors
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I decided to go with the BDS lift because of the lifetime replacement warranty for all components except the shocks. I haven't needed to access the warranty, so i dont know if BDS really stands behind their marketing claims.

The swaybar connectors are tough to disconnect. They seem to catch all kinds of grime under the spring loaded sheath and require some stiff encouragement to release. I compensate by spraying the cap with liquid wrench when reconnecting the links. This seems to help a little.