#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Product Information
Price $1949
Rating 4
Average Price $1779.4
Manufacturer American Expedition Vehicles
Recommended Yes: 5 / No: 0
Company website http://www.aev-conversions.com/products/highline/index.php

AEV's Highline kit will allow you to run 33" tires with stock TJ suspension. This is a high quality kit that replaces both front fenders, the hood, and all four flares with new factory like sheet metal and flares. All factory and most aftermarket accessories fit without modification, and the Heat Reduction Hood is a sharp look for your Jeep.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Price $1949
Rating 4
Recommended yes

Comments: American Expedition Vehicles Highline Kit

Excellent product. Most people don't even realize the high fenders are there. They do notice the great looking hood. The fenders are heavy gauge steel and fit exactly the same as OEM. The only thing I wasn't crazy about is the opening for the hood vent. It would be better if the grill bolts where on a reenforcing ring. Otherwise I'm very pleased.

#3 ·
Price $1999
Pros 33's on factory wheels with only slight rub. Looks freakin' awesome. Almost no one notices you did it.
Cons Almost no one notices you did it.
Recommended yes

Comments: Great product! Some would say a little pricey but it doesn't cost any more the factory sheet metal. The first install was after a deer committed suicide by jumping in front of me on a Christmas Eve. I did remove the hood spring that pops the hood up when you unlatch it, it was twisting the hood when closed. Everything fits under the hood just as it did before.

#4 ·
Price $1800
Pros Looks great, keeps my center of gravity low.
Cons Exspensive to install and paint, but it's well worth it.
Recommended yes

Comments: I got an awsome deal from the big Q at their tent sale and it took awhile to save up to have it installed and painted, but it just looks so effin sweet.

#6 ·
Price $1949
Rating 5
Pros More tire clearance with no suspension changes
Excellent Fit and finish.
Slightly thicker sheet metal
Cons Expensive. But really well worth the quality.
Painting expense required.
Recommended yes

Comments: I love this product. Like the others have mentioned, if you weren't looking for it, you would not notice the subtle difference. The fit and finish make it look like OEM. I did not have to do very much shimming, all the bolt holes just seemed to line up with little "persuasion". The sheet metal on these things are considerably thicker (14 gauge) than the factory sheet metal.

If you do not have your own painting tools, expect to drop another $500 to $800 to have it professionally painted.

If you are clever enough, you could alter your stock fenders and cut the hood to achieve the same result for next to nothing, but you are going to have to be pretty talented if it is going to look clean and not cobbled together. Also, all of the under the hood components will readily fit like stock without any shifting around on the AEV highline.

I can guarantee, that if you are willing to drop the coin, you will get a quality looking highline with an equivalent 2.5" of additional tire clearance with no lift. :thumbsup:

Check out my highline installation build to give you an idea of what is involved:

http://forum.aev-conversions.com/showthread.php?t=3194

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.