Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Body > Consoles, Security & Storage > Tuffy Underseat Security Drawer

Oconee Off-Road Now Offering Zone Off-Road Products!!!RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4

Tuffy Underseat Security Drawer Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Consoles, Security & Storage Next Product

Tuffy Underseat Security Drawer

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $350.00
Average Price: $113.08
Manufacturer: Tuffy
Recommended?
Yes: 15 / No: 0

A true space saver with ample storage. This super secure, 16-gauge steel drawer mounts under the rear seat in a Jeep CJ or Wrangler providing a secure place to store valuables.

MOUNTING:
Requires ordering Drawer and corresponding Mounting Kit. Mounts through floor, seat mounts on top of drawer, seat will be raised 2- 3 3/4. Some drilling required. Drawer can be mounted opening toward front or rear of vehicle. Product is not compatible with Part #039 TJ Security Storage Trunk.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

Swoopsd
Swoopsd's Reviews
04-22-2014, 02:19 PM
Price: $97.99
Pros: Fit's snugly under your drivers side seat, with flip seats.
Cons: Small.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: As I said it is small. You are NOT going to store a lot of stuff in it. However, I am always looking for good SECURE storage for the Jeep. And with a Jeep, and storage is good storage. I go to the beach a lot with it. It's a great drawer to store my wallet, keys, phone, etc. AND it is super secure. IMO. The price is good too. NTM I installed this baby in about 25 minutes. Just make sure you torque your seat down to the right specs BEFORE you go offroading. You wouldn't want to fall out with the seat attached to your butt. The drawer uses the seats front two bolts to mount. Just an FYI

DoughBro

Tonka Tuff
DoughBro's Reviews
03-05-2014, 02:52 PM
Price: $100.00
Pros: Finally have something lockable in the jeep
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: After the PO of my jeep told me he had had his windows cut I decided to never lock my jeep's doors. For 3 years I just never kept anything valuable in my jeep. Now that I have this bad boy my sunglasses have a permanent home along with anything else of value. I recommend laying now a bit of that matting people put in their toolboxes in the drawer to keep stuff from rattling around.

bobmaurer4273

bobmaurer4273's Reviews
07-30-2013, 11:06 PM
Pros: Easy install and hidden out of sight
Cons: Seat does not slide as easy after installation
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Nice place to story away my pistol when I go to office or places I cant carry. Space large enough for small caliber and a few clips, some cash and lug nut key

bobmaurer4273

bobmaurer4273's Reviews
07-30-2013, 11:06 PM
Pros: Easy install and hidden out of sight
Cons: Seat does not slide as easy after installation
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Nice place to story away my pistol when I go to office or places I cant carry. Space large enough for small caliber and a few clips, some cash and lug nut key

aikenjeep
aikenjeep's Reviews
06-03-2013, 09:20 PM
Price: $50.00
Pros: Nice storage
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Good lockable underseat storage.

boeingxtreme
boeingxtreme's Reviews
10-24-2012, 10:25 AM
Price: $90.00
Pros: Good, Like how its under my seat, no one knows its there. Can open it when driving and stash items in there or another place to keep stuff from blowing out with top down and doors off.
Cons: Its not water tight. Went offroad with top and doors off and got a little deep in a mud hole and filled the whole interior with slop and it got some paper work I had in there covered in mud.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Overall its a good box and Id put it in another jeep. Its not water tight. Went offroad with top and doors off and got a little deep in a mud hole and filled the whole interior with slop and it got some paper work I had in there covered in mud. But I should have expected that seeing the cut for the lock. It required some grease to get it moving again after being wet, bearings got rusted together. Good as new now!

JohnnieBulge
JohnnieBulge's Reviews
01-19-2012, 11:23 AM
Pros: a little extra storage
Recommended? Yes

Comments: when you need to lock something up that is valuable like a camera or boston cream donut that's about all you can put in there.

R0cket

R0cket's Reviews
09-03-2010, 02:21 AM
Price: $85.00
Pros: secure, discrete, easy to operate
Cons: needs key to open every time
Recommended? Yes

Comments: excellent construction, i only wish it had an option to push button open, and only need the key to lock or "unlock" to the push button option.

ThunderFoot

ThunderFoot's Reviews
09-02-2010, 12:23 AM
Price: $49.00
Pros: Very well constructed.
Cons: Mounting over the seat bracket instead of beneath.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: NOTE: The product I purchased was made by Bestop and not Tuffy but there's no dropdown entry for this product.

BESTOP Security Drawer:

This box is constructed of about 1/8" steel with ball bearing drawer tracks. It installs like the Tuffy drawer, underneath the driver's seat, out of sight from either door (out of sight, out of mind).

The mounting was a bit awkward in that one of the feet mounted under the seat mount and the other went over the seat mount. The foot over the mount didn't fit properly and required fender washers to fill in the depression in the seat mount. A more secure mounting would be to have rear feet as well but this would, as one would expect, make it more difficult to install by requiring the whole seat be removed. As it is, just the front bolts needed to be removed. I'd recommend others that purchase this product, as well as those purchasing the Tuffy drawer, to use Lock-Tite on the seat bolts and torque them down. I've been told they should be torqued to 45 lb-ft.

Mudhound0530
Mudhound0530's Reviews
08-03-2010, 11:25 PM
Price: $60.00
Pros: Its tough as nails, locking mechanism is no joke.
Cons: third bolt is not put in by most ppl.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Why don't you have this already?

Keagan27
Keagan27's Reviews

07-22-2008, 09:51 AM
Pros: Good Construction and quality product
Cons: Tail gate will not close with out hitting handle on drawer, I've tried adjusting it forward with no avail.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I would not recomend product.

Dwayne93YJ

Damn YJ...
Dwayne93YJ's Reviews

06-10-2008, 02:26 PM
Price: $350.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I installed this without using the included drawer to give me the needed clearance under the rear seat to install all of my amplifiers, capacitor, sirius tuner, etc... Works great, very strong.

JeeperCane
JeeperCane's Reviews

04-10-2008, 07:53 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I bought a small Tuffy box to have bolted next to my drives side seat for my radio face and Ipod.

exminnesotaboy
exminnesotaboy's Reviews

12-25-2007, 08:40 PM
Pros: well built, can retain back seat, stealth
Cons: raises back seat up high for adults
Recommended? Yes

Comments: well made product, confident it will safely secure tools. In my TJ, it raises the seat up so high that it would be difficult for adults to ride comfortably with or without the top on. If the top was off, the adults are staring at the soundbar. When I had one in my old YJ, I didn't remember having this issue.

It only gives about 3" of usable height. Less in the middle of the drawer as you have to allow room for the latch.

The full size drawer has to face rearward. The not-full size drawer can be mounted so the door faces forward and is accessible from the drivers seat; plus you can retain a extend-a-trunk.

all in all, I am very happy with the product

daveg13

daveg13's Reviews

08-13-2006, 03:24 PM
Price: $175.00
Pros: Secure storage, can still use back seat
Cons: limited by height
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Nice security option if you want to keep your back seat. Like all Tuffy products, the quality is top notch. I bought mine with intentions of leaving the back seat in, but once installed, didn't like how much the back seat was raised, so I left it out. There are a couple items that I was planning on keeping in the drawer, but won't fit. Now that I decided to run seatless in the rear, I wish I would have bought the bigger rear cargo security drawer.