Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Body > Consoles, Security & Storage > Tuffy TJ speaker & storage lockbox set

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Tuffy TJ speaker & storage lockbox set Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Consoles, Security & Storage Next Product

Tuffy TJ speaker & storage lockbox set

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $220.00
Average Price: $206.25
Manufacturer: Tuffy
Recommended?
Yes: 10 / No: 0

Turn that unused space on top of the wheel wells into a convenient and secure place to mount 5 1/4” speakers, and lock up valuables. This 16-gauge steel lockbox set comes equipped with a removable partition which divides the speaker and storage area.

MOUNTING: Mounts through wheel wells, drilling required. Soft top will still fold down when boxes are mounted.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

r_unda

r_unda's Reviews

03-01-2012, 08:46 AM
Price: $150.00
Pros: Good use of space.
Cons: None yet.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I got these boxes used for my TJ. I installed them yesterday. Not a lot of space but I like them. It took me some research to find a speaker that fits in there but I finally found the Kenwood KFC-1354S 5-1/4" Speakers. They fit really nice, sound is good too. These speakers have a top-mount depth of 1-3/4” so I guess any speaker with this dimension should fit. I also bought some 5-1/4” Slim Speaker Baffles. Don’t know if it makes difference with the sound but I thought it was a good idea.

catalog
catalog's Reviews
05-21-2010, 03:10 AM
Price: $255.00
Pros: Hold a lot for their size
Cons: Can not find speakers that fit in them.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: NOt a huge fan of the hardware they supplied to mount these. Can NOT find any 5.1/4" speakers that are shallow enough to fit in the speaker area. So I moddified them to hold more tools instead.

Takota
Takota's Reviews

10-13-2008, 12:52 AM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: These are great boxes and I recommend these to those who GO TOPLESS! These are a must have!

Rocky5

Rocky5's Reviews

04-09-2008, 11:40 PM
Price: $200.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Tuffy 055....one word SOLID

NYTJ
NYTJ's Reviews

04-03-2008, 09:08 PM
Price: $220.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: GREAT

usmcwrangler
usmcwrangler's Reviews

01-24-2008, 02:37 AM
Pros: Utilizes the unused areas in the tub
Cons: difficult to install
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This is a great product for the DD Jeep. The only problem I ran into was installation through the liner. Once I got my sister out to help, it went a lot better. Also, there was a lot of rattling with tools at first but some Craftsmen toolbox liners solved that problem.

cheesycook

Accident Prone Bonehead
cheesycook's Reviews

10-02-2006, 09:35 PM
Pros: Tough, convenient, secure and stable.
Cons: Hard to find speakers to fit and VERY little space inside.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: These are great lockboxes. I am definitely not afraid of anything walking out of them. There definitely isn't much space in them to fit much of anything. One I use for my tow strap and a hitch. The other is for my daughter's toys. I have yet to find a decent speaker that will fit in them. Looking at the design however, I don't think I would want a speaker in there as the space is open and not easily sealed up.

daveg13

daveg13's Reviews

08-15-2006, 06:29 PM
Pros: Easy install, Tuffy quality, don't interfere with soft top
Cons: small
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Just installed these nice boxes yesterday. Easy to install, had mine both mounted in about 30 minutes. Your not going to fit anything big in these boxes, but they can hold alot of small items. Plus you can add some speakers if you want.

KUK9

KUK9's Reviews

08-06-2006, 11:58 PM
Pros: Utilizes previously unused space, good extra storage and security
Cons: not a whole lot of storage inside considering the size, kind of a pain to install
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Definately good boxes to have. I am still needing to re-key mine, as I do not have the original keys, but inexpensive to do so. They give you extra storage space in previously unused areas, and also give you space to mount more speakers, without fear of damaging them.

I left my wheel well liners in, so that added a bit more difficulty installing them, but keeps a cleaner look (at least to me). Other than that, fairly straight forward.

neZZr

Lifted/Locked/Rolled/Sunk
neZZr's Reviews

08-03-2006, 08:50 PM
Pros: Out of the way storage in a normally unused space
Cons: Smallish inside
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great lock boxes. People have rummaged thru my Jeep twice now, and they don't even try to get into my Tuffy storage products. The locks are inexpensive, so you can get them all keyed alike, which is very nice. I haven't put speakers in mine (yet) but I'd have no worries they'd get stolen.

The instructions suggest that you run the mounting bolts up thru the tub so the nuts are inside the box for security... this makes the bolts stick way up into the boxes unless you cut the bolt to length first If you leave your wheel-well liner in, I'd say run them the other way so only the head of the bolt is in the way.

I should also mention that although they do sit slightly higher than the tub, I have no problem running a Bestop duster with them in place... though you've got to remove the duster to get in them.