Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Body > Consoles, Security & Storage > Tuffy Tj (1997-2000) center console lock box insert

Eliminate Hood Flutter!!!WJ Shackle Tabs: Tow-Hook Replacements2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3

Tuffy Tj (1997-2000) center console lock box insert Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Consoles, Security & Storage Next Product

Tuffy Tj (1997-2000) center console lock box insert

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $150.00
Average Price: $113.49
Manufacturer: Tuffy
Recommended?
Yes: 7 / No: 0

The Tuffy TJ Security Console Insert is a 16-gauge steel console insert designed to replace the plastic insert in the original Jeep Wrangler TJ console and creates a secure, locking storage space while maintaining the look and fit of the factory TJ console.

The Console Insert is to be used in an already existing plastic console and is mounted through the floor, drilling required (2) holes. Will not fit the Jeep factory console containing subwoofer. Exterior Dimensions: 12"L, (Width is Tapered) 6"W (top) to 4"W (bottom), 12 3/8"H. Interior Dimensions: Approximately the same as the factory unit. Steel Console and Lid Insert used in conjunction with factory console. Durable texture powder coat
Pry-Guard Locking System. Grade 8 mounting hardware provided

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

911jeep
911jeep's Reviews
03-12-2012, 01:53 AM
Price: $200.00
Pros: A great place to lock up items you don't want seen or taken. Also, the center console box doesn't excite much interest, despite its obvious location.
Cons: You loose the standard cup holders.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This box is extremely sturdy. My local locksmith had never heard of Tuffy before, and actually had trouble with repairing the lock because of how it locks. About the only way to get into the security box is to either try to pick the lock (not as easy as many locks) or cut the box open.

writteninwax

writteninwax's Reviews

05-10-2011, 11:05 AM
Price: $150.00
Pros: Mostly keeps the stock look, cheaper than a full security console, seems pretty stout, not too bad to install, Great customer service from Tuffy.
Cons: Tuffy product costs seem a little high, but probably worth it since there are not many good options. I had to do a little dremel work to the stock console plastic to make it all fit and work well.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I wasn't sure how stout the 16 ga steel would be, but I was impressed with the quality of the construction when I opened the box. For someone who is about average in the way of being handy around jeeps and other DIY projects, this one was pretty easy. Took me about 2 hours but I wasn't in a rush. Would have been faster but I had to stop and call Tuffy about a question in getting the lid mounted correctly. This is great for throwing your wallet, phone, stereo detachable face, etc. The product keep the stock look intact and is cheaper than the full blown tuffy console, just make sure your model and year TJ will work. Upon installation the hinge wasn't letting the lid travel fully to open and I called Tuffy. I was given lots of help or at least some friendly moral support! Turns out that despite tons of these being sold and successfully installed by jeep owners, some fluke in my console was the odd ball one keeping the thing from fitting just right. A dremel cutting wheel and two quick notches to the stock plastic tub and I was good to go. I love my jeep...and now its even better!

TJ-Tera

TJ-Tera's Reviews
10-14-2010, 05:20 PM
Price: $1.00
Pros: Keeps my center console items safe.
Cons: None.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I highly recommend this product for Wrangler owners.

yellingrebel78
yellingrebel78's Reviews

02-13-2009, 11:52 PM
Price: $29.96
Recommended? Yes

Comments: so i could have more storage and also it has a built in cooler in it and it has rear cup holders as well as front

Pillswoj
Pillswoj's Reviews

10-26-2008, 07:50 AM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: When i bought my Jeep, the center console hinge and lock were screwed from a previous breakin, the tuffy insert was the easiest way to fix it. Install was straight forward and no problems were encountered. I like that it retains the factory apearance.

Takota
Takota's Reviews

10-13-2008, 12:54 AM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: These are great boxes and I recommend these to those who GO TOPLESS! These are a must have!

rgingerelli99tj
rgingerelli99tj's Reviews

09-27-2008, 01:43 AM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This product is well worth the money. It creates what feels to be a pretty safe place to store my stereo face plate as well as some CDs and other little things.