Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Body > Consoles, Security & Storage > Tuffy OVERHEAD SECURITY CONSOLE, 2 COMPARTMENT

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDisc Brake Kits from ECGS

Tuffy OVERHEAD SECURITY CONSOLE, 2 COMPARTMENT Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Consoles, Security & Storage Next Product

Tuffy OVERHEAD SECURITY CONSOLE, 2 COMPARTMENT

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $250.00
Average Price: $258.54
Manufacturer: Tuffy
Recommended?
Yes: 14 / No: 0

This 16-gauge steel security console has (2) separate lockable compartments for mounting a stereo, CB Radio, Speaker, or other electronic device. Compartments swing up flush with enclosure when closed and are secured by a single lock. This console can also be mounted to a full roll cage using (3) 2 1/2 U-Bolts (not included). Do not operate vehicle without doors securely closed.
FEATURES:

* Single lock operation incorporating a high security 10 tumbler double bitted key
* Durable texture powder coat finish 2 swing-away doors
* 4 speaker grill cutout in each door (Holds 5 1/4 speaker)
* Pre-punched hole for CB mic
* Convenient opening strap for pull-down doors
* Footman loop mounting location for bikini top

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

andre_agostinho
andre_agostinho's Reviews

06-05-2014, 11:49 PM
Price: $200.00
Pros: Tough....Easy to install IF you have a 2inch rollbar. Very secure...looks nice... Keylock
Cons: Rattles, not easy to Open and close, major Nice Cbs doesnt fit...doesnt fit on 3inch rollbar ( was my case)...
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Its a Very good solution from tuffy...easy to install, looks good on most of jeeps.
Fits in my cj5 M81A...but i had a lot of headaches to adapt in my 3inch rollbar.
In the end. of the day, a Nice item to buy...it makes my jeep looks different here in Brazil

joey5639
joey5639's Reviews
04-27-2013, 08:35 PM
Price: $250.00
Pros: Secures radio and cb radio
Cons: No cons
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Best purchase i have made for my yj fot and installation where easy and secures my radio and cb from being stolen and looks better

FF_Gundie
FF_Gundie's Reviews
01-05-2012, 04:36 AM
Price: $259.00
Pros: Very Secure, out of the way, looks great, can attach other stuff to it on the sides
Cons: doesnt fit the more expensive CBs, if your short like me you cant see the rear compartment nad have to turn it into a speaker instead
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Only down side is if you are short and need your seat pushed forward more you cannot see the rear compartment, my CB does not fit lengthwise in the compartment so i will have to modify the compartment but otherwise a great product

Erik719

Erik719's Reviews

07-13-2011, 02:42 PM
Price: $135.00
Pros: Secure. Looks cool! ;) Can be keyed to fit other Tuffy products.
Cons: Hard to open and close. Had some minor leaks when it was out in the rain with no top. Make sure your CB will fit.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Bought it used off e-Bay so had to do some repairs to it. Kind of a PITA to run all the wiring. My CB (Cobra 29) did not fit so I had to file the opening on one of the trays to get it in there.

I have a Tuffy center console and rear storage box, nice to have all operate on one key!

Overall I like it a lot and would recommend it.

TJ-Tera

TJ-Tera's Reviews
10-14-2010, 05:19 PM
Price: $1.00
Pros: Great look, secure storage for radio and CB.
Cons: Drawer locks sometimes hard to operate.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I love this product, just wish the cam locks were easier to operate. I might try some oil in the locks soon.

Fox01V
Fox01V's Reviews
08-08-2010, 03:20 PM
Pros: -Allows me to lock up my head unit and have a extra storage spot until I put a CB in
Cons: -none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: An easy install and nice when you park and can lock up your radio and GPS. I know that other people say that its easy to hit your head, but I'm fine and my buddy is 6'7" and hes good when he gets in.

jaketheswimmer
jaketheswimmer's Reviews
03-06-2010, 09:39 AM
Pros: 2 spots for radio and cb
Cons: pain to install
Recommended? Yes

Comments: i have put my radio and my cb in it and it looks great and it locks never have to worry about any one messing with them

MountainGrizz

MountainGrizz's Reviews
11-10-2009, 10:17 AM
Price: $150.00
Pros: Extra Storage
Cons: Rattles alot
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I bought this OVERHEAD SECURITY CONSOLE to mount my CB, but the COMPARTMENTS were too small (make sure this fits your CB before you buy it). I ended up mounting my CB under the compartment. Also the compartments on the console Rattles ALOT when wheelin' offroad. When you first install this you WILL hit you head several times getting into your Jeep!!!

Myles1980
Myles1980's Reviews
08-12-2009, 07:59 AM
Price: $200.00
Pros: Heavy duty, looks great in jeep
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Hides cobra BT nicely. heavy guage steel.

05jeeper

05jeeper's Reviews

12-18-2008, 11:39 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great product. Solved the problem with where to mount the CB. Works with or without optional front rollbar

Takota
Takota's Reviews

10-13-2008, 01:26 AM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great Lock box for those who GO TOPLESS! So far, so good & hope it stays that way!

stu'sjeep
stu'sjeep's Reviews

06-12-2008, 11:41 PM
Price: $70.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: HAD TO MAKE FIT CAME OUT IF A 93 YJ BUT IT WORKS GREAT LOVE IT 1111111111111111

Roach

Roach's Reviews

05-29-2008, 12:25 AM
Price: $235.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Good product, well made.
I have my Uniden CB and scanner mounted in it, the mic access holes are a nice touch.