Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Body > Consoles, Security & Storage > Security Console Outland

Savvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Security Console Outland Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Consoles, Security & Storage Next Product

Security Console Outland

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $250.00
Average Price: $111.57
Manufacturer: Security Console
Recommended?
Yes: 7 / No: 1

The Outland Security Stereo Floor Console is constructed of black powder coat painted 16 gauge steel for heavy duty security. A separate lockable security compartment holds your stereo, CD player, CB, or scanner! Dual adjustable front cup holders fit all sizes of cups and bottles. Fits between the seats of all '76-'95 Jeep Wranglers with included hardware. Bolts directly to the floor of the vehicle. 16 gauge steel construction Lockable security compartment Comfortable, color matching arm rest Dual adjustable front cup holders Available for '76-'95 Jeep CJ & Wrangler The Security Floor Console is available in Denim Black, Denim Gray, and Denim Spice for '76-'95 Jeep Wranglers. Please be sure to make your selection when purchasing. Year Color Part # 1976-1995 Denim Black XXXOUT31815 1976-1995 Denim Gray XXXOUT31811 1976-1995 Denim Spice XXXOUT31817

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

AustinWayne
AustinWayne's Reviews
04-22-2012, 03:17 PM
Price: $10.00
Pros: pretty big as center consoles go. the little mesh pocket on the inside lid is a great touch
Cons: pretty big, not really any ways to organize it. its just a big open box. not really a co as its a PITA sometimes.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: overall i like it (especially the price) like i said. its somewhat cavernous wich is sort of a love/hate thing. if sits perfectly in the jeep. rear cupholders are useless. pretty easy to clean. all in all i'd buy another. but im not against another brand/model if i found one i like.

cont7
cont7's Reviews
08-04-2011, 02:39 PM
Price: $70.99
Pros: Great finish,
Cons: Too wide, have to hassle to move the passenger seat
Recommended? No

Comments: Too wide, have to hassle to move the passenger seat.

BUYER BEWARE

IF you have to move the passenger seat, it's a PITA to move it back and forth.

If you can get an OEM center console, GET IT!

burkpau
burkpau's Reviews
11-18-2009, 10:46 AM
Price: $120.00
Pros: Holds stereo, two cups, good spot for cell phone, big cavern to store a ton of items, lockable.
Cons: Nut keeps falling off lock.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: It's padded, matches my seats, and I can put a lot of stuff inside. None of my exterior locks work on my jeep since all the parts are from various junk yard jeeps so I rely on the lockable storage. The glove box sucks so this is the best option. Things stay dry as well! The nut keeps falling off the locking system so I should just use some locktite yet who remembers that when you want to go jeepin'?

washone
washone's Reviews

05-21-2008, 07:58 PM
Security Console Outland
Price: $250.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: .................................................. .................................................. .................

JEEPCLICK
JEEPCLICK's Reviews

04-23-2008, 07:56 PM
Security Console Outland
Price: $1.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: ok

jeep350chevy
jeep350chevy's Reviews

01-08-2008, 02:52 PM
Security Console Outland
Price: $150.00
Pros: solid lots of space
Cons: seat belt straps should have been forward more
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I just got this console for xmas and did the install last week, I thought it ia a great product. the only issue i had was the seat belt straps are to fare back, it holds the seat belts behind the seat, but i came up with a easy fix. I ended up mounting my xm radio on the out side of the console also. and made a blank for the hole wear the old stereo was. looks great
I have pics also if anyone wants to see them
justin

nic99007
nic99007's Reviews

01-08-2008, 12:32 PM
Security Console Outland
Pros: very high quality product
Cons: as mentioned watch your fingers, cup holders aren't the best.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I don't remember when i put it in but, you're crazy not to have one. I know that what ever I put in it will be there when i get back. total peace of mind. tuffy makes a great product.

JaySpencer66
JaySpencer66's Reviews

11-24-2006, 03:41 PM
Security Console Outland
Price: $179.00
Pros: Does exactly what it is supposed to do. Huge interior, you could put a spare tire or body in it!
Cons: Huge interior space, top is heavy if it falls, can be BLAZING hot in warm weather or direct sun. The nuts and bolts they send are crap, replace them with grade 8 or chrome.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The install is a little tough because it either needs two people to hold and tighten the nuts and bolts or you have to be a little creative with sockets, extensions and clamps. If you put a stereo in here, which I recomment HIGHLY, then you also either have to extend your wires or get a wiring harness extension. That means that a 1 hour installation will take more like three or four to do it right. Install it with the seats in also so you get the placement 100% right.

Drilling for the holes is a little trying at best. I recommend putting it in place with a sheet of paper tapped to the floor so it will not move. Then take a 6" drill bit and put a spot of lipstick on the back end. Put it in the holes to mark the paper and then drill the marks. Take heed if you have carpet to not drill rip the carpet up.

Watch the lid slamming, it's like a croc when it does and I can easily see broken fingers if you are really unlucky.

The cup holders are okay, kind of shallow and the arms, while cute do not do a hell of a lot really. I wish they were grippier somehow.

If the lock is closed and it slams you will bend the receiver for it and have a tough time locking or unlocking it. I wish they had made that receiver beefier to deal with it happening. The 'fix' is to take a screwdriver and bend the receiver up a little until it locks and unlocks properly. I would also like to see the lock redesigned. A handle on it that could be twisted to lock without the key woule be sweet.

If you keep your registration and insurance in your truck this is a great place to keep it. My trick is that I glued the plastic envelope that holds mine with some Velcro to the inside of the lid, with the open end pointing to the front. The papers will not fall out and I do not have to dig for them, they are right there!!

My future plans for this console include putting into it AC plugs, one in the bottom someplace and one pointint out the back passing out through the riser on the back. I may also see if I can locate some small pneumatic shocks, like what are used to lift hoods and hatchbacks and install it in this to make it a little kinder and gentler.

All that said, I love this product. It looks great, fits the look of the Truck well and does exactly what it is supposed to do. The padded top is also mighty comfortable as an arm rest for the driver or passanger and the interior really is huge!