Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Tires & Wheels > Tires > TreadWright MT-G

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

TreadWright MT-G Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Tires Next Product

TreadWright MT-G

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

Average Price: $260.83
Manufacturer: TreadWright
Recommended?
Yes: 12 / No: 0

TreadWright M/T-G tire, no Ultra-Grip.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

KillaKeys17
KillaKeys17's Reviews
06-01-2014, 03:12 PM
Price: $610.00
Pros: Great curb appeal
Cons: Balancing
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I bought 4 treadwright guard dogs 265/70-17 and so far I'm happy with the tires. Unfortunately, one of the four tires was badly warped and I had to mount it anyway. I have a horrible wobble while driving, but I'm utilizing the warranty and they said they would ship another one for free and I can keep the bad one as a spare. So, we will see how the new tire turns out.

fast540
fast540's Reviews
03-22-2013, 06:19 PM
Price: $139.00
Pros: low price
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: been running treadwrights for years current set is 6 monthe old provide great grip and wear well.

trailriderGC06
trailriderGC06's Reviews
02-13-2013, 02:29 AM
Price: $585.00
Pros: Looks and price
Cons: Retreaded tires and loud
Recommended? Yes

Comments: These tires are great for those who are on a strict budget. The tires look great but they are load when driving.

bmpage84

bmpage84's Reviews
04-14-2012, 01:33 AM
Price: $620.00
Pros: Excellent tires, Great price!
Cons: NONE AT ALL
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Price was for 5 tires. This is my second set from TreadWright. My 31x10.5's lasted me 4 1/2 years and took all the abuse I could dish out, on and off road! Never had a flat, never popped a bead. Tread and traction are are awesome! Tires ALWAYS maintained pressure, rarely had to add air. They are a bit noisy on the road (which I kinda like) so be aware of that. Also, they stopped production of the 33x12.5 due to the lack of good casing availability so I had to go with 285/75R16's which are a fraction of an inch larger. I was more than happy to bump up a rim size to stick with their product. I will run these tires as long as they are available.

secretspy711
secretspy711's Reviews
10-21-2011, 11:08 AM
Price: $159.00
Pros: Can't beat the price! Very well made, several shops have stopped to look at them and were impressed. Aggressive look.
Cons: They hum a little on the road, but they're not very loud.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Got mine in the 315/70R17 size for $159/tire and $100 total shipping for 5 tires. This what TreadWright calls their "Guard Dog" tread pattern. So far I'm very impressed. Shipping was very fast, and they are a quality tire. Retreads are not what they used to be, and these are not just caps! They are made the exact same way as a new tire, except that an existing casing is used, instead of a new casing. They're actually more like aggressive AT's rather than MT's, which is what I was looking for.

Azzy

Web Wheeler
Azzy's Reviews
10-01-2011, 08:39 PM
Price: $475.00
Pros: Beefy tread, good reviews, great price.
Cons: Has someone elses's name on the tires, because they are retreads of sort.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great tire for the money, they ship decently fast, as they have to get tires in and are in huge demans. Great service, call and they wil make sure you get what you need.

Roundy7
Roundy7's Reviews
12-29-2010, 07:17 PM
Price: $80.00
Pros: Price
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: for the price the tire is great! i have only put 2000 miles on the tire and i love them. they told me they were on a 2 week back order but they called me 2 days later and had them all ready to ship! we will see how many miles i will get out of them but love them so far.

pkoehrer
pkoehrer's Reviews
11-27-2010, 10:41 AM
Price: $87.00
Pros: excellent product in wet or dry conditions not too terribly loud at all compared to some others really smooth ride too!! will definitely buy again
Cons: somewhat expensive to ship / delivery time
Recommended? Yes

Comments: skeptical at 1st about them which was a huge mistake they run true and smooth on the freeway and grip damn near anything i throw at them I purchased 265.75/16 Load C 451$ shipped

mcclintock89
mcclintock89's Reviews
09-10-2010, 12:37 AM
Price: $90.00
Pros: Looked spectacular run great, clean great. ride quiet for a m/t awesome. awesome. awesome price? amazing.
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Excellent product from treadwright, i'm running the 32 inch guard dog's and they are awesome. I've put 5000 miles on them so far. highway, and around town, and off road ofcourse. perform well in all areas.

my brother had treadwrights on his wj and he drove back and forth from central illinois to omaha multiple times with no problems. 1000 mile round trip at 80mph. great product

lloyd877

lloyd877's Reviews
09-04-2010, 10:03 PM
Pros: Price, Traction, Looks
Cons: Balancing
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great tires for driving around town and hittin the trails. On the highway they handle great for the price. Pretty durable so far.

racenkiwi

racenkiwi's Reviews
01-10-2010, 01:46 PM
Pros: cheap, work great, look awsome
Cons: some shops wont mount
Recommended? Yes

Comments: For $90 a tire for 31x10.50-15 mudders, where can you go wrong? I love them, I will be buying again as long as I don't go bigger tires right now. They grab and through the mud just as well as Goodyear mtrs, have the same style tread(with a twist) and at half the price. They ride great on road, a little loud but I do prefer that. Great tread life, I have about 20k plus miles and have almost half life still, and only balanced and aligned with them on once after mounting them. Hold up to alot of abuse.

shamrok911
shamrok911's Reviews

05-12-2009, 12:24 PM
Price: $105.00
Pros: reasonable price, great tread depth, available on mtr carcasses if you're willing to wait as well as with their traction additive to the tread compound
Cons: heavy
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I ordered 4 of these for my 95 YJ in October 2008. Originally conventionally balanced, have since taken off the weights & poured 8.5 oz of airsoft pellets into each. Running them at around 28 psi while on pavement.

My Jeep's my daily driver, so it sees it's share of freeway as well as offroad driving & I have to be honest, I like these a lot. They hum just loudly enough, look good & perform like they should. Had some decent snowfall in Western PA this winter, no traction issues on the street at 28 psi. Haven't really had them aired down & offroad yet, so I can only comment to the effect that Treadwright states in their warranty that airing down voids the warranty.

To sum it up, these are definitely worth the money paid in my opinion. Tread wear seems normal, balanced good, and no separation issues at all. And no one can tell that they're retreads, if that would bother you.