12K views 19 replies 19 participants last post by  c5wagner 
#1 ·
Product Information
Price $80
Rating 4
Average Price $167.58
Manufacturer Treadwright
Recommended Yes: 18 / No: 1

Retreaded mud tire. Similar in design to the Goodyear MTR.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Price $80
Rating 4
Pros low cost, good street manners, performs well off-road
Cons ?
Recommended yes

Comments: I am completely happy with these tires. They are very reasonable on the street and have performed well in the mud so far. I don't think that there is a better value anywhere. I've put a few thousand commuter miles on them and they are not too noisey and are gripping in rain and snow.

The set I have are on BFG A/T sidewalls. They look pretty good. If you look closely from a few feet away you can see that they are retreads but from much farther you can not tell.

About 8 years ago I had there other tread design mud tire on a Samurai. Same story, no regrets.

#3 ·
Rating 4
Pros Price, quality, service
Cons Only run batches of tires - had to wait a couple weeks initially.
Recommended yes

Comments: Have had these for about 8 months. One of the first 4 took 15oz of lead to balance. Called Treadwright and had a new tire in a week. All balanced with less than 4 oz. Have worn well, work well off-road. Will definitely buy again.

#4 ·
Price $85
Rating 4
Pros Cheap, GREAT customer service, perform well in rain, easy to balance
Cons Tread is kinda soft (likely to tear/rip), had to wait for MTR casing
Recommended yes

Comments: These tires are awesome. They are amazing on-road for being a mud terrain tire. They are so smooth compared to my old Firestone M/T's, as well as my old BFG Radial M/T's. They even help with minor death wobble, and are a lot smoother over bumps in the road, pot holes etc...

As far as off road performance, they do well on rocks, and extremely well on steep, loose, rocky terrain (had to use 4x4 with BFG's and worn down Firestones, but only 2wd with these Treadwrights). Havent had them in mud yet. The only thing that worrys me with these tires, is that the rubber tread is a little soft (I can actually push and move the tread a lot). And on a "normal M/T" the rubber is pretty firm. That is helpful on the rocks, but on-road I am curious to see if it rips, and/or breaks in any way as well as affect wear.

Also, these tires are a TRUE 31" tire. Compared to my old 31x10.50 Firestones, they are a good 1/4" taller. But, the Treadwrights are a little thinner.

Overall I would reccomend these tires to anyone. And would 100% buy from Treadwright again. :thumbsup:

#5 ·
Price $90
Rating 5
Pros Work far better than expected.
Kedge Grip is worth the 10 bucks and does improve ice traction.
Better than the other MT I have run and superior in heavy snow and mud.
Can't beat the price and no, they will not fly apart at highway speeds.
Cons LOUD! But I expected that.
Needed quite a bit of weight to balance.
Recommended yes

Comments: I had set my mind on another tire but could not get it in a reasonable amount of time for a reasonable price. So I figured I would put a set of these on for the winter and then get a new AT for daily use next spring. Had them in two weeks. Decided to get the Kedge Grip walnut filler because most MT's suck on ice and these don't have allot of sipeing. Well worth the extra 10 bucks a tire.

Mud: Clean very well and do as good or better than others I have had.

Snow: Worked far beyond my expectations. 4wd is unnecessary in most situations and when you do use it the traction is just amazing. Other MT's I have owned (and AT's for that matter) pale in comparison. They also do very well braking and do not seem to push or skid.

Rocks: ?

Ride & Drive: better than the Revo's I had on(way over hyped POS tire). But, they are LOUD. The noise doesn't bother me at all but if you are the sensitive type look elsewhere. I have close to 10k on them and they are wearing better than expected despite the 15-20% loss in life they said I would have with the Kedge.

Would not hesitate to buy again and may look at the howlers for a weekend tire and run these as a daily.

Oh, I have made several 1000k mile plus trips running well over 80mph. They did not fly apart, kill pedestrians, mame children and slice puppies in half. Talk to the people at Treadwright before judgeing them.

#6 ·
Price $85
Rating 5
Pros Awesome, I have had them for 2000 miles now and they are wearing very well, they arent too loud, and treadwright themselves said that there is no reason to balance these tires. I have a smooth ride and awesome offroad performance.
Cons They dont offer anything over a 33" tire. :(
Recommended no

Comments: Awesome deal, awesome tires, will buy from them again and again.

Bought the 31x10.5x15 and they are everything I expected and more.

#7 ·
Price $82
Pros cheap and great
Cons havent failed me yet
Recommended yes

Comments: i decided to experiment and buy these re-treads. so far its been great. i avoid turning the wheel while stopped. the tread wear is even. during a 24" snow fall they performed great, i had traction everywhere.

#8 ·
Price $80
Pros Great looking tread pattern, matching tread casings, cheap price
Cons Medium road noise.
Recommended yes

Comments: Have been running these tires for appx. 7 months with no problem. New rubber from casings not separating at all. Works well off-road and on the highway!

#9 ·
Price $90
Pros Cheap and effective
Cons none so far, except the tounge lashing I receive from people about buying retreads.
Recommended yes

Comments: For the price you cant beat these tires. Mine have never had to be balanced. good wear and sound. perform really well.

#10 ·
Price $89.75
Pros -Cheap
-Well made
-Excellent grip
-Excellent shedding
Cons None
Recommended yes

Comments: Treadwright got these tires to me in a little under three days, which I was extremely pleased with. For those of you who feel a little trepidation for retreads, have no fear; you'd be hard-pressed to tell that these tires are retreads. The employees at my local tire shop had a hard time telling they were retreads, and they were amazed at the quality.

The tires have incredible grip in all sorts of terrain. I've run them on sand, snow, mud, loose dirt, rocks, and through the brush. They've never failed to offer me amazing grip. They shed mud and snow very well, and the shoulder lugs are not overly loud on pavement.

Well worth the investment for just about anyone who's not doing deep mud bogging or professional offroading.

#11 ·
Price $75
Pros Great price. Great tread. Great warranty. Great company. The tire is taller then factory made 31" tires. They measure a true 31"s.
Cons Shipping is expensive. $100 for 4 tires. That brings the total per tire to about $100 but still about $40 cheaper then BFG's.
Recommended yes

Comments: I love these tires. I have them on two vehicles and they preform perfectly. When people see them and I tell them about the company and the price they want to know where to get them.

#13 ·
Price $100
Pros Great price.
Cons None yet. Owned about 1 year.
Recommended yes

Comments: I bought treadwright tires after doing a pretty thorough review of the pro's and con's. I can understand that they might not be for everyone, but for me the savings in price outweighed the possible negatives.

#14 ·
Price $80
Rating 5
Pros Great price, off road traction is amazing (snow, sand & rocks)
Cons long wait for delivery, don't make them in 33"
Recommended yes

Comments: wasn't sure about re-treads but for the price figured give them a try, love them :D I have been running these tires for appx. a year now with no problems just wish they had them in 33's

#18 ·
Price $100
Pros Great inexpensive tire, retread.
Cons Sidewalls writing is a little faded, took awhile for me to receive the tires.
Recommended yes

Comments: The only 'complaint' worth mentioning so far is the fact that it took around a month before I received the tires. However they didn't take the money out of my account until the tires were shipped. (which is a good professional thing).

The reason they took awhile was because the tires were on back order. I understood this when I ordered. In this way I don't blame them one bit, they made sure I understood it would be a little while before I received the tires.

#19 ·
Price $110
Pros great price, great tire
Cons none
Recommended yes

Comments: awesome tire. works great, drives great, 600 tmd so price was excelent. had them about 6 months. back are still in bran new condition. front are a little worn but thats because i changed my stearing and didnt do an allighnment for about 600 miles. lol my fault not the tires

#20 ·
Price $540
Pros Good price and long lasting
Cons none
Recommended yes

Comments: Had a set of bfg mud terrains, but was too broke to afford new ones so I got these. I have no regrets buying them as they are great for my needs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.