Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Tires & Wheels > Tires > TOYO Open Country A/T

Huge Soft top SaleRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!

TOYO Open Country A/T Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Tires Next Product

TOYO Open Country A/T

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $1,200.00
Average Price: $463.25
Manufacturer: TOYO
Recommended?
Yes: 40 / No: 3

These tires are awesome. fast, wear slow, good on ice, and affordable.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 > Last

jadmt
jadmt's Reviews

08-12-2014, 04:56 PM
Price: $300.00
Pros: quiet and great grip in on and off road conditions.
Cons: None so far.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have over 12,000 on my 285/75-17 AT2 extremes and they are tough. They still are showing no wear and at this rate they will go well past the 50,000 mile warranty. Smooth riding and quiet for an E load tire. Not the lightest tire out there but when run at 28psi highway and 15psi off road they feel like C load tires. Been to Moab 2X and they stick to the slick rock like glue and do not chunk up at all. Of 5 tires one took hardly any weight to balance and one took 8 ounces which toyo says is well within standards. They say 1% of total tire/rim weight is within standards.

Konstadin
Konstadin's Reviews
07-13-2014, 05:36 AM
Price: $650.00
Pros: Very quiet
Cons: getting kind of ''boat'' feeling on high speed turns
Recommended? Yes

Comments: excellent grip on braking..very quiet..nice aggressive look..very grippy on wet

Konstadin
Konstadin's Reviews
07-13-2014, 05:36 AM
Price: $650.00
Pros: Very quiet
Cons: getting kind of ''boat'' feeling on high speed turns
Recommended? Yes

Comments: excellent grip on braking..very quiet..nice aggressive look..very grippy on wet

cjyorks
cjyorks's Reviews
05-08-2014, 08:11 PM
Price: $1,200.00
Pros: great look, nice ride, fairly quiet
Cons: none so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Just bought first week of may 2014. haven't had them long enough to give pros and cons other than what was stated

gfr2256
gfr2256's Reviews
04-27-2014, 04:03 PM
Price: $261.00
Pros: 50k Warranty, affordable price, aggressive look
Cons: Needs rotating every 3k to prevent cupping
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have ran Toyo Open Country A/T before and love them for the price. They are typically cheaper than the BFG A/T and are just as good. They ride great, offer plenty of traction and look mean!

DavidSella
DavidSella's Reviews
04-22-2014, 04:18 PM
Price: $1.00
Pros: Look and sound awesome
Cons: None so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Very happy but have only had them for 1 day, I will edit after first month

TrevorC
TrevorC's Reviews
02-28-2014, 08:24 PM
Price: $800.00
Pros: not to loud. solid grip never had a problem with them solid in snow sand mud dirt. and on road
Cons: obviously not as beefy and m/ts
Recommended? Yes

Comments: the 30 inch toyo A/T2 is a great tire and i would deffinitly recomend it on a daily driver/ weekend trail rig. they arent to loud o the highway or bad on gas but they give great grip in basically any terrain. iv driven myself out of muddy ditches, deforestation sites, 2 feet of slushy snow and even beach sand.

Reddom
Reddom's Reviews
06-28-2013, 11:55 AM
Price: $230.00
Pros: Good deep tread
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I just got these tires on my rig! They are good on and off road!

WJ_allday04

WJ_allday04's Reviews
03-14-2013, 11:43 PM
Price: $600.00
Pros: good onroad traction, snow traction, decent offroad and rock climbing
Cons: not a strong sidewall ply
Recommended? Yes

Comments: These tires are great for on road driving and mild trail riding. I stress mild trail riding because once you get into decently deep mud, you wish you had the m/t's instead.

my93zj
my93zj's Reviews
09-20-2012, 07:22 AM
Price: $725.17
Pros: Awesome traction in the snow/ice and dry/wet pavement
Cons: Not the most quiet out there
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Money well spent, only complaint is there a little noisy on the highway

wrpoole
wrpoole's Reviews
05-09-2012, 01:31 PM
Price: $5.00
Pros: gripy till death
Cons: only a 31
Recommended? Yes

Comments: got them for free with 25% tread and still grips i have 31's and they climb everything

BlakeCary
BlakeCary's Reviews
01-20-2012, 08:23 AM
Price: $500.00
Pros: Aggressive Tire, Low Highway Noise
Cons: None so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: These are a good AT tire I use on my daily driver. This is the first set I have personally used but from my other Jeep friends these come highly recommended for the price.

67rally
67rally's Reviews

11-21-2011, 04:17 PM
Price: $750.00
Pros: Great tread pattern, Great traction, Good price
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I had these on my last SUV, and just put them on my WK2. These tires never let me down in snow, mud or rain. I think they look just right on the Grand Cherokee (much better than stock). Although they might not be agressive looking enough on a Wrangler.

DFWJeep
DFWJeep's Reviews
10-13-2011, 02:28 AM
Price: $150.00
Pros: good warranty, not loud on the highway
Cons: none yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: 265/70/17 great tire for the price moderately aggresive

Msprain10
Msprain10's Reviews
03-21-2011, 04:34 PM
Price: $1.00
Pros: long lasting
Cons: crappy tread
Recommended? No

Comments: Came with the jeep 2 on back

billzcat1
Chicken in a Turkey Suit
billzcat1's Reviews

11-08-2010, 10:08 PM
Price: $700.00
Pros: Quiet, good ride, long lasting
Cons: Poor off-road traction, poor snow traction, price, wouldn't hold air.
Recommended? No

Comments: First of all, my experience with these tires was on a 2WD vehicle, but sometimes you experience things in 2WD you wouldn't see on a 4WD.

These tires were quiet, lasted a long time, and handled heavy loads in my truck with ease. They came on the truck when I got it but had about 60,000 miles when I finally replaced them.

For the last half of their tread life, they were pretty awful in the rain and horrible on even very light snow. Braking wasn't bad, but getting moving was awful. I also got stuck in a wet grassy field (fairgrounds parking lot) and that wasn't even digging in or making ruts. Embarrassing! I have a feeling that a lot of the people who are saying "great off-road" aren't realizing that the 4WD and the off-road capability of the Jeep are contributing more than the tires. Eventually I wound up putting 400lbs of weight in the back of my Ranger just to get them to hook up.

Another problem: I couldn't get them to hold air. I had Les Schwab look at them several times and they couldn't find any puncture or leaks and the wheels were BRAND NEW when the tires were installed so it's not like the beads were all gunked up. They just didn't make a good seal on the bead. This was not limited to one tire either.

I looked into replacing them, because for the first half of their life they were pretty good on-road. Holy Crap I was shocked. Granted Les Schwab has pretty steep pricing, but they were advertising them as their "top of the line" truck and SUV tire but they really only performed...mediocre at best. I went with a Discount Tire "Pathfinder" for $90 less per tire and was much happier.

Given that I had years of bad experiences, I wouldn't recommend these tires.

jeepKY
jeepKY's Reviews
10-20-2010, 08:28 PM
Price: $1,000.00
Pros: Incredible traction, very durable, great on and off road
Cons: DIFFICULT to get a hold of! Toyo moved there factory at the same time that I was shopping for tires.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: These are the best tires I have ever owned. They provide deep tread with large voids that allow your jeep to have incredible traction on any terrain. They are the perfect tire for DD jeeps. I also highly recommend this tire in the M/T.

robob280
robob280's Reviews
07-22-2010, 07:17 PM
Price: $130.00
Pros: Deep thread for a great price
Cons: Not as classy or beefy looking as BF Goodrich AT's
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great tires so far will definitely have more updates as I get this baby offroad in August until then!

mokel
mokel's Reviews
04-08-2010, 05:04 PM
Price: $191.00
Pros: still feel close to stock
Cons: not super agressive looking
Recommended? Yes

Comments: through les schwab its a great warranty and they seem to be a good tire

JoeyB
JoeyB's Reviews

03-21-2010, 11:25 PM
Price: $550.00
Pros: Very Smooth and Quiet, Great for daily drive/off road.
Cons: None so far.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Just picked up 4 today at Tire Barn. Great so far. Beats my old Goodyears anyday. I've heard nothin but great things about any Toyo tires.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 > Last