98K views 96 replies 94 participants last post by  Redsox2013 
#1 ·
Product Information
Price $1750
Rating 4
Average Price $616.3
Manufacturer Toyo
Recommended Yes: 90 / No: 7

The Open Country M/T is designed for full-size pickups of vehicle-oriented enthusiasts who require extra ground clearance, load-carrying capacity and off-road capability without sacrificing on-road performance.
The M/T incorporates new production technology for unheard of levels of uniformity to help assure uncompromised control, handling and fun with ultimate style.
- Agressive, attack tread design with hook-shaped blocks
- Scalloped shoulder blocks
- Tread block stabilizer
- Deep siping in the tread blocks
- Open shoulder design
- Aggressive, attack tread design
- Over-the-shoulder tread
- Open shoulder design
- Black outline serrated lettering
- Rim protector in lower sidewall
- DSOC II™ Technology
- High turn-up, 3-ply casing
- Two wide steel belts
- Two spiral wound nylon cap plies
- High bead filler

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Rating 4
Pros best mud for the street, but great preformance off road
Cons no size smaller than 33
Recommended yes

Comments: I have a set of the 33X12.50R15 on a set of 10" Ultra Wheels. These tires are IMO the best performing on road mud terrian tire, i have about 5K miles on them and there is hardly a noticable difference between the used ones and the brand new spare. They hardly make a sound on the road, just a quiet hum. Off-road these tires pull very well in the mud and clean very quickly, also they flex pretty nicely on the rocks and have a nice sidewall tread that provides nice traction. Plus, its a very good looking tire but i cant say much about the price b/c i got them free through a connection. BTW the 33x13.50 is no longer available it is a 33X12.50 now, i think (90% sure). and 33 is the shortest they offer for now

#3 ·
Recommended yes

Comments: Can you post some pics of the new tires please. Haven't seen too many rigs with these tires.

#4 ·
Rating 5
Pros Amazing wear, great grip, better traction on road even in wet conditions than stock GSAs, but that's not saying much
Cons None
Recommended yes

Comments: These tires are amazing. I am currently running 33x12.5R15s on 8 inch rims. I've put about 4k on them already and I can barely see any wear. The grip off road is amazing. They self clean very well. The traction on road is much much better than stock tires. Rainy conditions are not a problem at all. I have only fishtailed once and that was on purpose, which was very hard to do. There isn't too bad of a hum while driving but that's what mud terrains are all about. I payed about $900 for 4 tires, a coverage plan on each tire (that you don't even really need because these things are tough), and shipping. I would highly recommend them to anyone.

#5 ·
Rating 4
Pros Crazy grip. Good round tire that took very litttle to balance.
Cons None yet. Only had them for 2 weeks though.
Recommended yes

Comments: Had a buddy with these on his Nissan Xterra, and he took them through Moad last May. So, I figured I would give them a try. I got 33x12.50 on 15x8 rims. Paid about $900. Only had them a couple weeks and went wheelin with them once so far, but gotta say they have great traction. Did not even have to put it in 4x4 mode. On the wet pavement they stick like glue. These tires have very little noise, but you gotta Jeep so who cares about noise, right? The tire shop set them originally at 35 psi, but that was a bit rough so I took them down to 33 psi. That made for a much better contact patch on the road. I would highly recommend these for the daily driver/weekend warrior. It was like night and day compared to my cheap old mud terrians I had.

#7 ·
Price $300
Rating 4
Recommended yes

Comments: Good in the wet; adequate in heavy snow, very light snow the TJ skids a bit. O.K., a lot.

#8 ·
Price $160
Rating 4
Recommended yes

Comments: I actually have the a/t's but they are great tires, I haven't ever had a problem with them and I have over 15K miles on them. I mainly do street driving so I went with the a/t!!! Smooth, quiet, durable!!!! don't have an aggressive look though :(

#17 ·
Price $300
Rating 4
Recommended yes

Comments: Absolutely love these tires in all situations. Especially the sand at 6 psi.

#18 ·
Price $340
Rating 5
Recommended yes

Comments: These are by far the quietest most durable and longest lasting tire available. Very great tire.

#22 ·
Rating 5
Pros Aggressive tread, low noise, great looks
Cons Little pricey, but worth it
Recommended yes

Comments: 33x12.5x18 Great tires, excellent traction offroad, excellent onroad traction. A bit of a hum but not bad at all. Definitely will buy these again.

#26 ·
Price $800
Rating 5
Recommended yes

Comments: $800 for brand new 33x13.50x15 6 ply mts. AWESOME TIRES. i may work at les schwab, but these tires wear awesome and arent the noisiest mud tires i have ever heard.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.