Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Tires & Wheels > Tires > Pro Comp Xtreme Mud Terrain

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Warn, Smitybilt, Engo, Rugged Ridge Winches at CCOR

Pro Comp Xtreme Mud Terrain Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Tires Next Product

Pro Comp Xtreme Mud Terrain

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $1,000.00
Average Price: $320.82
Manufacturer: Pro Comp
Recommended?
Yes: 32 / No: 4

Amor-Tek3 Carcass Construction The heavy-duty Carcass is constructed of two radial polyester body plies and one angled polyester body ply to deliver three plies of protection for superior resistance to impact breaks and bruising. Deep Buttress Lug

The Xtreme MT has an aggressive tread design that extends far down the sidewall of the tire to enhance its soft surface traction and also provides additional "bite" in rock crawling application.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 2 of 2 1 2

RockCrazy
RockCrazy's Reviews
11-06-2009, 10:33 PM
Price: $275.00
Pros: cleans real well, great on the rocks, great on the highway, not to noisy
Cons: expensive for the 35 inch diameter
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great tire, been through nasty clay and the tires self cleaned really well. On the rocks, they stuck and gripped extremely well.

muddytj23
muddytj23's Reviews
09-21-2009, 10:17 PM
Price: $750.00
Pros: erwqerweerrq
Cons: ewrqwerwe
Recommended? Yes

Comments: really nice on and off road dndfbaksjdnflasndfkjasndcn sam,xnclksndflkjnasdfnasdnfnasd

wyowhitewater
wyowhitewater's Reviews

06-29-2009, 06:41 PM
Price: $204.00
Pros: none
Cons: everything
Recommended? No

Comments: Got these tires after reading reviews and they turned out to be the worst tires I ever bought. Took them out one time and tore three tread blocks clean off one of the tires, went back to 4 wheel parts and they replaced the tire as a road damage, they also rebalanced them. Tires were still way out of balance such that I could not go highway speeds without feeling like the truck was going to fall apart. On my way back to 4WP my front right tire throw a 8in length section of tread that just about ripped the fender off the truck and almost sent me into the ditch at 70mph when I got to 4WP they refused to replaced the tire saying that I had way to much air pressure in the tire and after an argument in which I informed them that they just rebalanced them and set the air pressure that was in them less than an hour before, they told me to leave their store. So I had to put my spare tire on myself in the parking lot and drive to Discount Tire across town. When I got there they helped me out but would not sell me a ProComp tire stating that they got tired of the complaints and warranty returns. I ended buying BFG's and hating the fact that I ever tried any other brand of tire. In the end after reading all kinds of stories like mine and reading about outstanding complaints and lawsuits against 4WP and there in house tire brand ProComp I decided to try and get some compensation for my money spent on the tires and fixing the damage to my truck. I found a local lawyer that was actually working with other people in the Denver area against 4WP and ProComp, he was very eager to here from me and see my pictures and copies of my transactions. This all happened about a year and half ago. It took about a year to get my case added to the multiple others that he had, but just last month I got a check for $4000 from ProComp who decided to settle and not go to court. Two days ago I got a letter in the mail stating that 4WP wanted to go into negotiations with all parties in the ProComp lawsuits to try and avoid any court time and negative publicity. Just wanted to tell my story to anyone out there that might be looking for tires. Do your research, after doing mine I found that ProComps on many occasions have been found to be dangerous tires and just recently Cooper tire company did a press release stating that they would no longer be the rubber supplier for ProComp not wanting there name to be associated with a company currently in lawsuit deliberations.

CrawlorClimb
CrawlorClimb's Reviews
06-19-2009, 11:51 AM
Price: $173.99
Pros: Aggressive look, Wet traction
Cons: Balance, Mud
Recommended? No

Comments: Just choose a different tire. Not an upgrade from an MT/R. They won't balance for anything. Wet Traction is good but snow it's only ok. Mud they spin clean quickly but just don't bite enough for really wet stuff especially clay type mud.

NiCk-

NiCk-'s Reviews
05-24-2009, 01:21 PM
Price: $204.00
Pros: Deep Treads, Not a lot of road noise
Cons: None yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: They clean out very well. Great road manners and would probably buy again.

jeeptrash
jeeptrash's Reviews

03-16-2009, 07:58 PM
Price: $131.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Quietest mudders i have ever had! grat traction. Never had a flat either. Basically i love any pro comp tire.

omt7696
omt7696's Reviews

01-25-2009, 02:37 PM
Price: $1,000.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Very quiet on the road! I like the look and the performance on and off-road.

tulman22

tulman22's Reviews

01-24-2009, 10:11 PM
Price: $200.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: surprisingly VERY quiet on the road, not had off-road just yet. wil have to let you know on that later on

jboy416

Wrangler
jboy416's Reviews

01-03-2009, 02:17 PM
Price: $1,000.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: i ran the older mt's for a while then went to the 35x12.5x15 extreme mt's and these this are beasts. amazing in the snow. they clear out like champs and keep on digging. i highly recomend

hyatt147
hyatt147's Reviews

11-14-2008, 07:10 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: They are a great tire and if you watch them and take care of them like you should you can get a great amount of miles from them

jackbauersmom

jackbauersmom's Reviews

09-03-2008, 09:16 PM
Price: $200.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: it was between these and the BFG MT KM2s. used on a daily driver. not a lot of road noise. havent used them off road yet.

03wjeep
03wjeep's Reviews

09-02-2008, 09:13 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great tire, works well in rock and mud (as the name would suggest) and it looks good. It has more side wall protection than most mud terrain tires, which is always good

ChillinCherokee
ChillinCherokee's Reviews

08-17-2008, 09:42 PM
Price: $125.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: These tires grab hard on rock. I don't use them often in mud. Only when I have to cross it, but I it does well though. Aired down to single digits the tire will easily get you up wet ledges. Street use is also amazing. I run the 35x12.50 and I did not balance them. No death wobble even at highway speeds. With proper rotation this tire will last.

jerrygk13
jerrygk13's Reviews

06-19-2008, 01:22 AM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: good tires

mekanik
mekanik's Reviews

06-02-2008, 03:55 PM
Price: $160.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Are a little pricey but I have only gotten stuck with these tires when I have high-centered, And I like to go through some deep mud!

XXRider

XXRider's Reviews

04-24-2008, 02:07 AM
Price: $184.99
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I've got 33X12.5 15R Xtreme Mud Terrain

They surprisingly quite on road and work great in snow, mud and sand.

They aren't great on ice but what mud tire is. So far I'm very happy.

Page 2 of 2 1 2