Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Tires & Wheels > Tires > Pro Comp X-Terrain

Attention to the TJ owners 1996-2006 NEW LED LIGHT OPTIONSOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Pro Comp X-Terrain Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Tires Next Product

Pro Comp X-Terrain

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $1,000.00
Average Price: $5,625.05
Manufacturer: Pro Comp
Recommended?
Yes: 19 / No: 3

Pro Comp X-Terrain tire, 305/65-17 (33x12.50-17)

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last »

JCarroll89
JCarroll89's Reviews
10-01-2013, 02:16 AM
Price: $600.00
Pros: Directional tire with awesome performance off road
Cons: A little noisy
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Got them on craigslist for a steal when I put my lift on, couldn't be happier with their performance

Cavguy1965

Cavguy1965's Reviews
06-08-2013, 03:24 AM
Price: $250.00
Pros: I like the look of them
Cons: Just put them on- we'll see
Recommended? Yes

Comments: They've just gone on, so I'll write a real review when I've driven on them a bit.

jeepzjgrrl
jeepzjgrrl's Reviews
03-27-2013, 01:43 PM
Price: $160.00
Pros: everything
Cons: nothing
Recommended? Yes

Comments: last long , great on the trail and amazing on the street.

CMJ559

CMJ559's Reviews
09-04-2011, 07:27 PM
Price: $213.00
Pros: Seems to have decent traction.
Cons: Tend to tear chunks of lugs off on the rocks
Recommended? Yes

Comments: They came on the Jeep when I bought it. I mainly play in the rocks and the do pretty well. There are better tires out there for that. They do get chunks torn out of them on the rocks, got worse when I got a locker. Do well on the road.

GruntMarine
GruntMarine's Reviews
12-21-2010, 08:12 PM
Price: $1.00
Pros: Works great in mud
Cons: snow sucks but I expected that
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I'll wouldn't mind getting them again

TJ-Tera

TJ-Tera's Reviews
10-14-2010, 05:38 PM
Price: $1.00
Pros: Very grippy
Cons: None.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: These tires have taken a LOT off abuse and still deliver. Great buy.

smokinlib1

smokinlib1's Reviews
09-24-2010, 08:33 PM
Price: $234.99
Pros: Great grip in the rocks
Cons: Bumpy at low speeds and noisy as they get older
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great tire for the price. I use it heavily in the rock/boulders in SoCal and have torn entire lugs off and the tire continues on. As the tires age they lose some of their "stickyness" and start to bump bad at low speeds. These tires have taken all the abuse I can throw at them and keep coming back for more.

Shiguy
Shiguy's Reviews
05-25-2010, 10:35 AM
Price: $200.00
Pros: treads extend entire width of tire, extreme durability you would have to physically be try to punch a hole in the side, look good!
Cons: treads are not as deep as many other tires, make a loud hum on roads, VERY HEAVY tires, pricy for the size of tires
Recommended? No

Comments: I have the 33" version of these tires currently mounted on 16" M/T classic II rims. They look awesome, one of the key aspects to this tire is that the tread extendes the entire width of the tire. A lot of the other off road tires such as swamper TSL's do not go the entire width. When the tire says 12.5 inches on these, you have literally 12.5 from tread end to tread end even at full inflation. This actually corolates to amazing sand performance in sand. If you want a beach jeep (previous owner was) these tires are perfect. You don't need to deflate at all most the time since they're alreayd at almost max width to begin with.

The sidewalls are also crazy reinforced for some extreme durability. that being said, they are pretty pricey at almost $70 more per tire than other similar sized tires and are VERY HEAVY! All that rubber adds up and driving on the road hitting bumps the un-sprung weight is fairly noticeable. The treads also don't seem as deep as other "mud" tires.

Sterner09

Sterner09's Reviews
03-19-2010, 02:16 PM
Price: $300.00
Pros: great tread wear.
Cons: little noisey
Recommended? Yes

Comments: wore great, still have half tread on t hem after 30,000

GroundAssault

GroundAssault's Reviews
10-17-2009, 08:51 AM
Price: $0.01
Pros: The grab onto any terrain
Cons: They are loud and wear quickly
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I basically got them on accident. I did't really care if I had these tires or any other off road tire when I had picked them up. But once I started using them off road, it was clear they were well superior to MT/Rs and BFG Mud Terrains. There was no where that I couldn't follow my friends with the 3.07s and 33s. Very good product. The only thing that I don't like is that they wear kinda fast. I barely drive my Jeep besides buzzing around during the summer and it seems like I did not get much life out of these tires. I think I would get maybe 20-30k out of them from new. Oh well, I guess they were not meant to be driving around on the street.

dayriesw

Web Wheeler
dayriesw's Reviews
08-11-2009, 11:14 AM
Price: $100,000.00
Pros: great grip in the la gumbo
Cons: to aggressive for street use on a wet road w/ lockers
Recommended? Yes

Comments: they are amazing for mud and not for mall cruisers

jt97tj
jt97tj's Reviews

03-24-2009, 08:59 PM
Pro Comp X-Terrain
Price: $1,000.00
Recommended? No

Comments: 3 tires with great tread are useless due to several sidewall cuts...the 2 remaining are used strictly as spares....horrible considering $$$ spent.

white2door

white2door's Reviews

03-01-2009, 07:54 AM
Pro Comp X-Terrain
Price: $657.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great tire on the rocks, even in the rain. In the mud they hook up really well and hardly ever spun a tire.

Emagg
Emagg's Reviews

10-23-2008, 10:40 PM
Pro Comp X-Terrain
Price: $234.99
Recommended? Yes

Comments: awsome tires great ride when balanced right. have to keep rotated to keep from cupping to keep the noise level down. but gets great traction on and off road. great rain traction. good mud traction. and awsome sand traction. great allaround tire not a hardcore off-road tire but not a slouch either. 234.99 for a 305/70R16

jumbojeepman
jumbojeepman's Reviews

09-20-2008, 02:40 AM
Pro Comp X-Terrain
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have had my 35" X-Terrains on 2 different vehicles (78 F-150 and 76 CJ-7,) I like them on both. I don't drive enough to put much wear on them, but I still have 3/4 of the original tread and I've had them for 5 years. It hasn't snowed here in years, so I can't comment on that, but they perform great in mud, rainy weather and on sand. They aren't too loud. The terrain I have the most trouble with is rock, but maybe because I didn't air them down at all. They also do tend to dig in loose dirt. Overall, I like them better than BFG Mud Terrains, and they provide a nice compromise between regular MT's and Hard Core tires (like Swampers.)

justanotherjpr

justanotherjpr's Reviews

09-05-2008, 04:02 PM
Pro Comp X-Terrain
Price: $325.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Terrible in the snow, decent in mud, rocks, sand, ect. Holds the bead well on 8" wheels. Have only cut one sidewal thus far.

Duble-it
Duble-it's Reviews

08-19-2008, 03:31 PM
Pro Comp X-Terrain
Price: $800.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Somewhere between 7 and 8. Good soft compound for wheelin yet not too soft for the road. Would have been a 9 but this weekend I put a branch through the sidewall on passenger front. on the downside they are directional

StvDiego
StvDiego's Reviews

07-05-2008, 08:26 PM
Pro Comp X-Terrain
Price: $799.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: 35"s, awesome in the rocks, hard park or dirt. In real soft sand you'll have to air down a bit more but I've run these down to 6lbs with no problems. In snow and sticky mud they pack up quick and can be hard to clear. Super tough sidewalls, good wear, low noise on the highway. Great tires

ryanpurdy2004
ryanpurdy2004's Reviews

07-02-2008, 04:39 AM
Pro Comp X-Terrain
Price: $950.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: wouldn't have any other tire, this is my second jeep and im still running the x-terrains because i have found a better one yet, and the road noise is very low and they last for a while.

cj71983
cj71983's Reviews

04-27-2008, 09:04 PM
Pro Comp X-Terrain
Price: $150.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great on rocks. Not so good in the mud

Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last »