User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back > Reviews > Tires & Wheels > Tires > Nitto Mud Grappler

6th annual beat your wife to the credit cards sale!!Get ready!! CyberMonday deals are coming!!!Last few hours of great savings

Nitto Mud Grappler Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  CB & Ham Radios
  Axle Shafts
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Throttle Body
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Previous Product Tires Next Product

Nitto Mud Grappler

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: |

Product Information

MSRP: $1,600.00
Average Price: $491.65
Manufacturer: Nitto
Yes: 37 / No: 1

The Nitto Mud Grappler Extreme Terrain tires are designed to provide exceptional off-road traction. The Mud Grappler features monstrous 15mm side-lugs, which provide excellent sidewall puncture resistance along with outstanding rock crawling and mud traction. The computer designed tread pattern features a high void ratio for excellent clearing of mud and dirt, anti-side slip grooves for better lateral traction, and sipes for performance on snow and slush. The Mud Grappler features three-ply, high turn-up polyester sidewalls that provide strength and durability in demanding terrain.

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 2 of 2 1 2

IGotADisneyJeep's Reviews

11-09-2008, 01:36 AM
Nitto Mud Grappler
Price: $213.00
Recommended? Yes

They are awesome & looks mean. The lugs are huge & the tread pattern is cool. It is also siped on all the lugs but I also got the inside lugs siped as well for extra traction for rain,snow & slick rocks. I Love My Nitto Mud Grapplers and they Rock! 33" x 13.50 and they were purchased in 7/25/08 each tire was $213.00 and for all 5 was $1,065

copperRR's Reviews

09-08-2008, 07:53 AM
Nitto Mud Grappler
Price: $225.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: alsome tires not real noisy at all. There great in the rain. Would recommend to anyone who wants a good quit tires.

Hummercrusher's Reviews

08-26-2008, 12:14 PM
Nitto Mud Grappler
Price: $600.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: 33' not to big but not to small. Highly recommend. Great for daily driving as well. Not a whole lot of road noise

letulle1's Reviews

07-19-2008, 05:47 PM
Nitto Mud Grappler
Price: $1,200.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: great looks good on and off road handling. some road noise but it is expected. Nitto is proud of these tires; they are too high.

06trailrig's Reviews

07-02-2008, 12:29 AM
Nitto Mud Grappler
Price: $625.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great tires and that's it. Smooth ride and great traction what else is needed.

jerrygk13's Reviews

06-19-2008, 01:34 AM
Nitto Mud Grappler
Recommended? No

Comments: bad tires

DADDIO's Reviews

06-02-2008, 12:15 PM
Nitto Mud Grappler
Price: $400.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Good so far great traction and 8 ply, great side wall got them used 5 tires for $400, only used about 1500 miles still had stubbies on them, spare is spanking new.

keithbooth's Reviews

05-12-2008, 11:11 PM
Nitto Mud Grappler
Price: $1,600.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Tires are great. they don't make to much noise when you are in the Rig. But I have been told that driving by someone it is pretty loud for them.... NOT MY PROBLEM

tgrt's Reviews

05-10-2008, 12:54 PM
Nitto Mud Grappler
Price: $1,376.70
Recommended? Yes

Comments: These tires perform well and have a good looking aggressive design. They are loud on the street, but they don't drown out your conversation.

jkjojo's Reviews

05-02-2008, 12:10 PM
Nitto Mud Grappler
Price: $1,300.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have been very happy with my tires they grip very well on the rocks. I am not locked but I think that the grip on my tires make up for that

jdh321's Reviews

04-30-2008, 12:31 AM
Nitto Mud Grappler
Price: $350.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Awesome tires. They grap the rocks like no other tire I have seen. I read other ratings about how good they were in the mud but they do not clean out well without lots of rpms

keithkeith's Reviews

04-29-2008, 06:08 PM
Nitto Mud Grappler
Price: $295.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: 35" tires - seem awesome, really aggrressive tread, strong sidewalls, but very heavy... reccomend an axle shaft upgrade with these

kentpolo's Reviews

04-23-2008, 10:36 AM
Nitto Mud Grappler
Price: $245.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Awsome tiers

redwolf698's Reviews

03-31-2008, 09:36 AM
Nitto Mud Grappler
Price: $119.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I lied, I have All Terrain Terra Grapplers, but the drop down box didn't have that option. I love my TG's but they are wearing pretty fast. I put about 35000 miles a year on my ride, and this puts a lot of stress on my tires. These are real quiet, real smooth and real good onroad. Off road it has been a little sketchy for the TG's, but hey they aren't supposed to be the best off road are they?

jdb929's Reviews

03-27-2008, 10:04 AM
Nitto Mud Grappler
Price: $260.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great looking, great offroad. Extremely loud on the street!!!!

and Corvettes too!
Rubidoo's Reviews

03-17-2008, 05:54 PM
Nitto Mud Grappler
Recommended? Yes

Comments: 33x11.50x16

whiteyj1994's Reviews

09-19-2007, 11:21 PM
Nitto Mud Grappler
Price: $300.00
Pros: very capable in the snow
Cons: noisy, but a good noisy
Recommended? Yes

Comments: replaced my stock tires @ 26,000 miles with no tread left with these mainly because of price ( they where actually $200.00 cheaper than my stock replacements ( 18" rim) we only take this truck off road in the snow and to pull trailers. I took it for a trip last winter with an identical truck that had a chip, lifted 6" and was running the same size tire in a pro comp, I ended up having to blaze the trail and pull him through with my completely stock truck ( except for the tires) and I now have 80,000 miles on the truck that's 54,000 miles on mud terrains and I still have plenty of tread left to dig through the snow.

NoUse328's Reviews

08-06-2006, 08:44 PM
Nitto Mud Grappler
Price: $235.00
Pros: AMAZING traction
Cons: Noise (it makes me smile though)
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Let me first start off by saying that when I first saw this tire a while ago, I thought it would be for mall crawlers and posers. Boy, was I wrong. These tires are amazing. This weekend was my first real test for these tires. I went to the Mounds offroad park and began playing. With street pressure (32 psi) the tires would just not stop grabbing. There was a point on the day where I was plowing through some seriously deep muddy ruts. I, of course, felt the Rubi slowing as I was getting hung up on the axles. I put my foot to the floor and the Jeep literally took off. The tires just grabbed the soupy mud without any trouble and have me plenty of traction.
After a ways, I got hung up on the axles. I got out to see that I had been dragging the axles pretty deep in the somewhat solid center for a good ways, but the tires still had enough bite to keep towing me through. I got back in and threw the Rubi in reverse. They even were able to pull me backwards and get another run at the hole I got stuck in. I tried to power through, but had to be towed out at the end. Never the less, if I had 35's rather than 33's, I would have easily made it through.
On the street, these tires sound like a speed boat at 25 mph, and an airplane beyond that. For some reason, I can't wipe the smile off my face when I hear that sound. Other than the buzz, they ride smoothly over the bumps, and don't have much vibration other than at slow speeds.

Overall, if you're like me, a student who only drives to work in the summer and to the trails during the school year, they are a great tire. However, I can't imagine them getting very many miles due to their design (no first hand experience with this though)

Oh, and they look much more aggressive than in the picture.

Page 2 of 2 1 2