Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Tires & Wheels > Tires > Nitto Mud Grappler

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Introducing MONSTALINER UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Nitto Mud Grappler Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Tires Next Product

Nitto Mud Grappler

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $1,600.00
Average Price: $491.65
Manufacturer: Nitto
Recommended?
Yes: 37 / No: 1

The Nitto Mud Grappler Extreme Terrain tires are designed to provide exceptional off-road traction. The Mud Grappler features monstrous 15mm side-lugs, which provide excellent sidewall puncture resistance along with outstanding rock crawling and mud traction. The computer designed tread pattern features a high void ratio for excellent clearing of mud and dirt, anti-side slip grooves for better lateral traction, and sipes for performance on snow and slush. The Mud Grappler features three-ply, high turn-up polyester sidewalls that provide strength and durability in demanding terrain.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 2 of 2 1 2

IGotADisneyJeep

IGotADisneyJeep's Reviews

11-09-2008, 01:36 AM
Nitto Mud Grappler
Price: $213.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments:
They are awesome & looks mean. The lugs are huge & the tread pattern is cool. It is also siped on all the lugs but I also got the inside lugs siped as well for extra traction for rain,snow & slick rocks. I Love My Nitto Mud Grapplers and they Rock! 33" x 13.50 and they were purchased in 7/25/08 each tire was $213.00 and for all 5 was $1,065

copperRR
copperRR's Reviews

09-08-2008, 07:53 AM
Nitto Mud Grappler
Price: $225.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: alsome tires not real noisy at all. There great in the rain. Would recommend to anyone who wants a good quit tires.

Hummercrusher
Hummercrusher's Reviews

08-26-2008, 12:14 PM
Nitto Mud Grappler
Price: $600.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: 33' not to big but not to small. Highly recommend. Great for daily driving as well. Not a whole lot of road noise

letulle1
letulle1's Reviews

07-19-2008, 05:47 PM
Nitto Mud Grappler
Price: $1,200.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: great looks good on and off road handling. some road noise but it is expected. Nitto is proud of these tires; they are too high.

06trailrig

06trailrig's Reviews

07-02-2008, 12:29 AM
Nitto Mud Grappler
Price: $625.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great tires and that's it. Smooth ride and great traction what else is needed.

jerrygk13
jerrygk13's Reviews

06-19-2008, 01:34 AM
Nitto Mud Grappler
Recommended? No

Comments: bad tires

DADDIO
DADDIO's Reviews

06-02-2008, 12:15 PM
Nitto Mud Grappler
Price: $400.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Good so far great traction and 8 ply, great side wall got them used 5 tires for $400, only used about 1500 miles still had stubbies on them, spare is spanking new.

keithbooth
keithbooth's Reviews

05-12-2008, 11:11 PM
Nitto Mud Grappler
Price: $1,600.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Tires are great. they don't make to much noise when you are in the Rig. But I have been told that driving by someone it is pretty loud for them.... NOT MY PROBLEM

tgrt
tgrt's Reviews

05-10-2008, 12:54 PM
Nitto Mud Grappler
Price: $1,376.70
Recommended? Yes

Comments: These tires perform well and have a good looking aggressive design. They are loud on the street, but they don't drown out your conversation.

jkjojo
jkjojo's Reviews

05-02-2008, 12:10 PM
Nitto Mud Grappler
Price: $1,300.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have been very happy with my tires they grip very well on the rocks. I am not locked but I think that the grip on my tires make up for that

jdh321
jdh321's Reviews

04-30-2008, 12:31 AM
Nitto Mud Grappler
Price: $350.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Awesome tires. They grap the rocks like no other tire I have seen. I read other ratings about how good they were in the mud but they do not clean out well without lots of rpms

keithkeith
keithkeith's Reviews

04-29-2008, 06:08 PM
Nitto Mud Grappler
Price: $295.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: 35" tires - seem awesome, really aggrressive tread, strong sidewalls, but very heavy... reccomend an axle shaft upgrade with these

kentpolo
kentpolo's Reviews

04-23-2008, 10:36 AM
Nitto Mud Grappler
Price: $245.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Awsome tiers

redwolf698
redwolf698's Reviews

03-31-2008, 09:36 AM
Nitto Mud Grappler
Price: $119.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I lied, I have All Terrain Terra Grapplers, but the drop down box didn't have that option. I love my TG's but they are wearing pretty fast. I put about 35000 miles a year on my ride, and this puts a lot of stress on my tires. These are real quiet, real smooth and real good onroad. Off road it has been a little sketchy for the TG's, but hey they aren't supposed to be the best off road are they?

jdb929
jdb929's Reviews

03-27-2008, 10:04 AM
Nitto Mud Grappler
Price: $260.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great looking, great offroad. Extremely loud on the street!!!!

Rubidoo
and Corvettes too!
Rubidoo's Reviews

03-17-2008, 05:54 PM
Nitto Mud Grappler
Recommended? Yes

Comments: 33x11.50x16

whiteyj1994
whiteyj1994's Reviews

09-19-2007, 11:21 PM
Nitto Mud Grappler
Price: $300.00
Pros: very capable in the snow
Cons: noisy, but a good noisy
Recommended? Yes

Comments: replaced my stock tires @ 26,000 miles with no tread left with these mainly because of price ( they where actually $200.00 cheaper than my stock replacements ( 18" rim) we only take this truck off road in the snow and to pull trailers. I took it for a trip last winter with an identical truck that had a chip, lifted 6" and was running the same size tire in a pro comp, I ended up having to blaze the trail and pull him through with my completely stock truck ( except for the tires) and I now have 80,000 miles on the truck that's 54,000 miles on mud terrains and I still have plenty of tread left to dig through the snow.

NoUse328
NoUse328's Reviews

08-06-2006, 08:44 PM
Nitto Mud Grappler
Price: $235.00
Pros: AMAZING traction
Cons: Noise (it makes me smile though)
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Let me first start off by saying that when I first saw this tire a while ago, I thought it would be for mall crawlers and posers. Boy, was I wrong. These tires are amazing. This weekend was my first real test for these tires. I went to the Mounds offroad park and began playing. With street pressure (32 psi) the tires would just not stop grabbing. There was a point on the day where I was plowing through some seriously deep muddy ruts. I, of course, felt the Rubi slowing as I was getting hung up on the axles. I put my foot to the floor and the Jeep literally took off. The tires just grabbed the soupy mud without any trouble and have me plenty of traction.
After a ways, I got hung up on the axles. I got out to see that I had been dragging the axles pretty deep in the somewhat solid center for a good ways, but the tires still had enough bite to keep towing me through. I got back in and threw the Rubi in reverse. They even were able to pull me backwards and get another run at the hole I got stuck in. I tried to power through, but had to be towed out at the end. Never the less, if I had 35's rather than 33's, I would have easily made it through.
On the street, these tires sound like a speed boat at 25 mph, and an airplane beyond that. For some reason, I can't wipe the smile off my face when I hear that sound. Other than the buzz, they ride smoothly over the bumps, and don't have much vibration other than at slow speeds.

Overall, if you're like me, a student who only drives to work in the summer and to the trails during the school year, they are a great tire. However, I can't imagine them getting very many miles due to their design (no first hand experience with this though)

Oh, and they look much more aggressive than in the picture.

Page 2 of 2 1 2