Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Tires & Wheels > Tires > Michelin LTX M/S

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits

Michelin LTX M/S Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Tires Next Product

Michelin LTX M/S

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $180.00
Average Price: $270.12
Manufacturer: Michelin
Recommended?
Yes: 12 / No: 0

Stock size replacement tire

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

Liberty6

Liberty6's Reviews
08-10-2013, 11:51 PM
Price: $700.00
Pros: Great Highway ride.
Cons: N/A
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The tires were on the vehicle when I bought it. Great highway ride, really have not off roaded with the vehicle up to this point.

aikenjeep
aikenjeep's Reviews
06-03-2013, 09:25 PM
Price: $150.00
Pros: Good highway tire and limited off road
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The tires are pretty long wearing, quite, good on the highway and good for moderate off roading.

DullesJeep

DullesJeep's Reviews
02-20-2012, 04:39 AM
Price: $875.00
Pros: -Quiet ride -Great grip in the rain -Good for daily drivers since it is primarily a highway tire with A/T attitude
Cons: -Not a very aggressive tire tread or style -Not rated as a snow tire even though it's labeled M/S
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I just recently got these tires to replace whatever brand snow tires I had on my XJ before. My old tires were pretty beat, so anything was better than what I had. After driving for a month or so with these tires, however, I'm pleased to say that they are more than just "better than what I had," they're great.
Previously the interior of my Jeep was noisy at highway speeds. Having to crank your music up and yell to have a conversation was something that I was so used to, that I was shocked at how quiet my Jeep rides now.
Handling has improved dramatically as well, and almost all vibrations are dampened by these tires, which can be a bad thing if something goes awry and causes vibrations, as you probably won't notice it right away.

Performance in the rain is amazing. Previously I had to drive like an old lady at the first signs of rain. I would hydroplane if I took off too quickly from a stop, leading to some close calls taking off from red lights. Stopping in the rain was always a toss up as well, usually my ABS was on full blast when attempting to stop in the rain. Now, I can give it full throttle taking off from a stop in pouring rain and not slip a bit. I haven't had my ABS activate once since I got these tires, and even when purposely trying to get my tires to slip on a few patches of ice, loss of traction was barely even noticeable.

Overall, if you do a lot of highway driving, I definitely recommend these tires. They perform well on the pavement in a multitude of conditions, and they've still got enough bite to the tread for your occasional off road use.
My only gripe is that they don't look very aggressive, and they're not very wide compared to the snow tires I had previously. Looks aside however, these tires get the job done, and get it done well.

tswiers
tswiers's Reviews
08-19-2011, 10:08 AM
Price: $1.00
Pros: smooth, quiet ride. traction in dry & wet conditions. Long wear
Cons: Not a winter/snow tire. Not an off road tire
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I just bought the vehicle and these were the tires that were installed. Drove at high speeds and seemed to handle well. Hope I can get the 100K out of them that some people claim. (I had a pair of michelins on my acura and they hit 110K)

Sandrider
Sandrider's Reviews
06-04-2011, 09:07 AM
Price: $198.37
Pros: Smooth, quite comfortable, capable offroad
Cons: expensive
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I've test drove these in reno nv in both xterra's and explorers, and they could handle anything i put them through, so i bought a set as soon as i got my WJ

mrwizard1us
mrwizard1us's Reviews
05-19-2011, 02:25 AM
Price: $230.00
Pros: Good all weather. Quiet at all Highway speeds Smooth luxury car like ride
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Best all around city/highway tires you can buy.
If your looking for a soft luxury car ride Michelin can fill your needs.
This is the second set for this ZJ.
They have held up well in the Chicago urban jungle of potholes and other city road-hazards.
This set has 20,000 miles as of 5/19/11 with no obvious wear.
I run in full time all wheel drive, all the time which distributes the wear evenly.
Just rotate every 7,000 miles (back to front, crisscross front to back)

fyremnsteve
fyremnsteve's Reviews
08-05-2010, 07:26 PM
Price: $179.00
Pros: Great Tires
Cons: Expensive
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great tires for someone who hasn't doesn't find the time to go off the beaten path too often.. just dang pricey!!

theducksguts

theducksguts's Reviews
06-13-2010, 02:25 PM
Price: $145.00
Pros: Great street tread pattern. Great in snow, rain, daily driving. Use them on my wife's XJ.
Cons: a little pricey but worth it.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have 225/75/15's on my wife's XJ. I think they are just great tires. They ride very nice, handle well, and take snow and rain very well. They are a bit pricey but the tread has been great and when rotated they last a long time.

awlskier
awlskier's Reviews
11-08-2009, 07:53 PM
Price: $173.00
Pros: Amazing Tire for well rounded performance. Much better on the highway than others I have tried.
Cons: Less aggressive for excessive mud and snow.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have had my Michelin LTX M/S on my Jeep TJ Unlimited for a year now. Amazing tires. They grip in all conditions, year round,
with no troubles. They are quieter on the highway and handle much better than the stock Goodyear Wrangler GS/A. I used to slip
in rain and snow. I found the GS/As to be great for excessive snow and mud, but all other conditions they were not reliable
and had unpredictable grip which made turns with any speed very scary. These michelins handle speed in all conditions well.
We are skiers and cottagers and these tires handle everything we throw at them. We have driven in snow as deep as the wheel wells
with some slipping, but still not stuck. Mud that covered my side steps and still, not stuck. I launched a 3000 lb boat on a
beach and pulled it back out with no problems. They are quiet, reliable, smooth ride and stick like glue. We love them!

jeepguy2008
jeepguy2008's Reviews

03-19-2009, 05:51 PM
Michelin LTX M/S
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Well when i got them they were pretty worn down but have been good tires so far

keaton

keaton's Reviews

01-02-2009, 01:43 AM
Michelin LTX M/S
Price: $140.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Gotten me through some circumstances I didnt think Id be able to..never been stuck at least.

HemiTrix
HemiTrix's Reviews

10-01-2008, 09:32 AM
Michelin LTX M/S
Price: $180.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Best on road/occational soft road tire available in stock size for WK!!! Rides glassy smooth, great handling and traction wet/dry, handles snow, light off-road use with aplomb. Night and day difference over stock good(bad)years and Uniroyal Larado(have had both on the truck)