Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Tires & Wheels > Tires > Maxxis Bighorn MT

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Maxxis Bighorn MT Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Tires Next Product

Maxxis Bighorn MT

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $2,500.00
Average Price: $505.72
Manufacturer: Maxxis
Recommended?
Yes: 98 / No: 4

The Bighorn radial adds to an already impressive line-up of serious light truck tires offered by Maxxis. Judging by appearance, there’s no question that the Bighorn is an aggressive off-road tire. Judging by design, it’s exceptionally engineered to meet the challenges of the most demanding off-road enthusiasts.

- Staggered shoulder lugs for added traction in uneven terrain.
- Deep tread blocks for self-cleaning capabilities.
- Pinned for studs.
- Excellent traction in mud and rocky terrain.
- Enhanced puncture resistance.
- Outstanding handling capability on all hard terrain.
- RWL = Raised White Letter

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

flobsjeep
flobsjeep's Reviews
09-01-2009, 06:03 AM
Price: $200.00
Pros: bad ass
Cons: nothing
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Looks aggressive works aggressive, highway sound is nice low humming it actually sounds cool. Rips through mud. 200 a piece and 150 shipping so 900+ all together.

pollycav22

pollycav22's Reviews
07-29-2009, 10:27 AM
Price: $625.00
Pros: These tires are great off road. Great grip on the rocks and in the mud.
Cons: Wear pretty fast, and a little noisy.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The have performed very well no matter where I have put them. Will probably buy these again after the first set wears out.

Army_Barbie
Army_Barbie's Reviews
07-19-2009, 05:37 AM
Price: $1,000.00
Pros: great for off road and on road. great traction and gret for wet roads
Cons: soft compound so wear out quicker than others
Recommended? Yes

Comments: bought these tyres new because a lot of friends have them and rave about how good they are. they're great for off road and on road. great traction and gret for wet roads as well as mud and rocks

jeepin4u
jeepin4u's Reviews
05-29-2009, 10:25 PM
Price: $780.00
Pros: seems like a good tire and wearing good
Cons: none yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: good price

ntaousakis
ntaousakis's Reviews

03-30-2009, 12:40 PM
Maxxis Bighorn MT
Price: $540.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great Traction! Great on rocks, in the rain, in the mud, and on the road. They are very quiet. I did not have a great experience in the sand, but I dont think it was the tires to blame

moreismore69

moreismore69's Reviews

03-28-2009, 09:16 PM
Maxxis Bighorn MT
Price: $1,200.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: good value good tread looks better on the jk than stock that's for sure. i like them

joshall
joshall's Reviews

03-19-2009, 03:56 PM
Maxxis Bighorn MT
Price: $500.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: i have 255/85R16 on my jeep and i really like them havent put them in mud or soft sand yet but good so far. great onroad tire too!

meek61480
meek61480's Reviews

03-18-2009, 11:17 PM
Maxxis Bighorn MT
Price: $800.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: very impresive off road performance and yet still quiet on the highway, (for me). nice aggresive look to them. good tire for the price.

fisher2985
fisher2985's Reviews

03-14-2009, 04:46 PM
Maxxis Bighorn MT
Price: $550.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: 31x10.50x15 maxxis bighorn mt
had several sets
great tires
would buy again

mattiek
mattiek's Reviews

03-10-2009, 08:13 PM
Maxxis Bighorn MT
Price: $635.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great tire, not loud on roads, great on rocks, mud, and sand, I would recommend to anyone especially for the price.

njkeagle
njkeagle's Reviews

03-03-2009, 11:34 AM
Maxxis Bighorn MT
Price: $650.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Nice tire for offroad and street use. They also hold good tread. They are not bad to balance either.

shaggybob

shaggybob's Reviews

02-25-2009, 04:35 PM
Maxxis Bighorn MT
Price: $155.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Seem to grip great in soft stuff and not too bad on the street. Surprisingly quiet even at 80 mph.

DEEPERTHEBETTER
DEEPERTHEBETTER's Reviews

02-22-2009, 02:31 AM
Maxxis Bighorn MT
Price: $575.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Hell of a tire for the price!!!!
You get a smooth ride on the road, a digger in the mud, and a crawler on the rocks. The all around best tire i've had.

JKRumbler

JKRumbler's Reviews

02-15-2009, 07:55 AM
Maxxis Bighorn MT
Price: $275.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great tires for the road, offroad, and pretty good in winter on the snow and ice as well.

acezXJ
acezXJ's Reviews

02-06-2009, 08:03 PM
Maxxis Bighorn MT
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I've just installed the Maxxis bighorn and so far its more than good.
not too noisy on-road, grips great off-road

peeweeXJ
peeweeXJ's Reviews

01-26-2009, 02:03 PM
Maxxis Bighorn MT
Price: $650.00
Pros: Price, Looks, Siping
Cons: A little noisy (I like it though)
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Maxxis makes kick a** tires for my downhill mountain bike, so when my Mickey Thompson MTZ's wore down and one blew out, I picked up 5 new 31x10.50 15's Maxxis Bighorns off eBay for a great deal.
Tires are very grippy. A little noisier than some MT's on the highway, but you have to sacrifice somewhere for performance. About 5,000 miles on them so far and wearing perfectly.

Price was for 5 new tires shipped to my door.

CrazyWalnut13

CrazyWalnut13's Reviews

01-18-2009, 01:48 PM
Maxxis Bighorn MT
Price: $550.00
Pros: Awesome on/off road traction
Cons: They hum louder and louder as they wear
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I was working at Les Schwab when I got these, so I got a pretty good price on my set of 5. I was pretty much set on the Toyo MT, but then I started reading on here about the bighorn, I started to look into them. At work, I found out that the Toyos would cost more than $50 more per tire. So I figured I couldn't go wrong with these.

I got these in 265/75/16 when I got my lift. Coming from stock height and some extremely worn down H/Ts, this tires are amazing. On just a slighly wet road I was able to light up all 4 of my michelin HTs just before they were replaced by these bighorns, but now it's difficult to just get two of these bad boys spinning. On road they have great traction and a slight hum.

Offroad these are unstoppable. Last wheeling trip I aired them down to 10psi, but I think next time i'll probably go down to 7 or 8. I haven't used any other MTs, so I can only compare them to ATs and HTs.

I have a little less than 10k on these tires now, and they look like they'll probably last for 30k, maybe a little more. Once these wear down however, I'll most likely get another set of these for off road use only, and get the BFG TA for DDing because I don't really like the hum and severely decreased mpg. Going from my stock size highway treads to these heavy things, my city mpg went from about 14-15 down to 9, and my highway mpg went from 19-22 down to 14-15.

And when I first got these tires, they had a very slight hum to them, but now at about 10k, they are fairly loud. Having a WJ with lots of audio upgrades, I can easily tune out the tires, but I think it would be easier to just have two sets in the future.

Overall, I would definitely recommend this tire.

It's amazing where a Jeep can go with just a little extra clearance and some larger, more aggressive tires.

longboardtim
longboardtim's Reviews

01-07-2009, 09:21 AM
Maxxis Bighorn MT
Recommended? Yes

Comments: These tires are great. Very strong and mean looking. They have gotten me through everything.

letitloose06

letitloose06's Reviews

01-05-2009, 09:28 PM
Maxxis Bighorn MT
Price: $625.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great tires. These have performed well in rain, mud, snow, and rocks. They are also very quiet on the street.

Lambo3244
Lambo3244's Reviews

12-23-2008, 02:09 AM
Maxxis Bighorn MT
Price: $150.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have had these bad boys for a year now and there has been NO wear. You cant tell! They self clean, do great in any condition, and ride nicely. I would highly recommend these!

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »