Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Tires & Wheels > Tires > Maxxis Bighorn MT

All Bilstein shocks & struts - Lowest Prices Ever and Santa Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Maxxis Bighorn MT Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Tires Next Product

Maxxis Bighorn MT

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $2,500.00
Average Price: $513.51
Manufacturer: Maxxis
Recommended?
Yes: 100 / No: 4

The Bighorn radial adds to an already impressive line-up of serious light truck tires offered by Maxxis. Judging by appearance, there’s no question that the Bighorn is an aggressive off-road tire. Judging by design, it’s exceptionally engineered to meet the challenges of the most demanding off-road enthusiasts.

- Staggered shoulder lugs for added traction in uneven terrain.
- Deep tread blocks for self-cleaning capabilities.
- Pinned for studs.
- Excellent traction in mud and rocky terrain.
- Enhanced puncture resistance.
- Outstanding handling capability on all hard terrain.
- RWL = Raised White Letter

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

pepe91
pepe91's Reviews
06-21-2011, 03:44 PM
Price: $700.00
Pros: good tires cheap and durable
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: .

rogerhill
rogerhill's Reviews
04-15-2011, 06:00 PM
Price: $800.00
Pros: They have done great for our style of wheeling. Trails and reasonable mud for the size of the jeep
Cons: none so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I got these tires without looking into reviews. They have done great so far and provide better traction than I can get as of yet without lockers. They were not bad price wise I thought. I have not put very many miles on them but they seem to be wearing pretty well. I would reccomend these to anyone.

julietkilo

julietkilo's Reviews
03-24-2011, 12:46 AM
Price: $225.00
Pros: 225 Installed for 33's Great tread Quiet Siped and stud holes
Cons: Not 3 ply sidewall but hasnt ever been an issue
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great tire, low noise, siped, and is a well known reliable brand. MAXXIS Great tire at any price.

bassnmick

bassnmick's Reviews
03-16-2011, 01:27 AM
Price: $1,100.00
Pros: Great Snow performance. Great mud performance. Quiet on the road
Cons: None yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: So far I have about 1200 miles on these tires. I've found the performance in snow to be very good. I had them siped for better ice performance and they have performed admirably. The mud performance is exceptional. This tread design seems to clean very well in the soupy crap Ive put them in and I have had absolutely no traction issues. I had read some reviews where folks had complained about the road noise of the Bighorns. I dont know if its because Im coming out of Baja Claws or if I just need to put more miles on them, but so far I have found the road noise from these tires to be negligible. If the wear performance is as good as the traction, I'll replace these with another set when the time comes.

jeepguy78
jeepguy78's Reviews
01-14-2011, 04:24 PM
Price: $3,000.00
Pros: Grab very well on to anything you put it to.
Cons: loud
Recommended? Yes

Comments: the maxxis tires thati have on my jeep are perty exspencive, if i had the money to put new ones on i would do it in a heart beat. the down fall on the tires are that they are perty loud going down the road, other than that i would totaly recomend getting them.

Minjin
Minjin's Reviews
12-28-2010, 10:43 AM
Price: $1.00
Pros: Great all around traction. Good wear so far.
Cons: None Yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I got these tires installed brand new when I purchased my jeep. So I had no money in them so to speak. Great all around traction and good wear. Mostly mud where I'm from and little rocks. They seem to grip the road good in the snow as well.

Zeusismyonlygod
Zeusismyonlygod's Reviews

10-06-2010, 09:25 PM
Price: $760.00
Pros: Great price and rugged
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I recomend them but I can't compare them to any other mud tire because these are my first pair.

Zeusismyonlygod
Zeusismyonlygod's Reviews

09-15-2010, 09:08 PM
Price: $759.00
Pros: mean looking and good price
Cons: none yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: So far I like them, no problems, not too loud. Good for the price

johnanas
johnanas's Reviews
08-17-2010, 12:57 AM
Price: $850.00
Pros: inexpensive
Cons: don't sling mud very good
Recommended? Yes

Comments: ok tires for playing around and not too bad on the pavement..

+Crusader+

+Crusader+'s Reviews

07-31-2010, 07:58 AM
Price: $170.00
Pros: No vibration, good construction, relatively inexpensive, look aggressive
Cons: Loud, kerfs too shallow, increased fuel consumption ... but that's most mud terrains
Recommended? No

Comments: 33x12.50R15 Tire is strong and balances easy, but the kerfs (sipes) are way too shallow. Within the first 20% of wear, the tire will no longer have factory siping. Tire doesn't hydroplane in typical downpour puddling, even at highway speeds. Traction is good on dry roads also. Grip all around is good, and these will pick up stones sometimes, but have no problem shedding them. Steering input is good, and braking is predictable with no unusual behavior. I have not had them in snow or ice, but I suspect their performance to be typical of a mud terrain.

Now the biggest negative for me is I prefer a less aggressive tire, since I spend 90%+ of the odometer on paved roads. These are a little louder than my KM2's in the same size, especially below 45mph. At highway speeds they are still louder, but you will hear the most contrast to KM2's below 45mph (where the KM2's were much quieter at city speeds). Tire pressure makes zero difference in this regard, it is the design and construction. I also notice that the rolling resistance is greater with these tires than most tires I've had. These really are a good tire, but should be reserved for use on a vehicle that spends 25% of it's life off-highway. If you are over the age of 30, and drive the vehicle daily, you will most likely not like this tire much either? Great looking tire, but you can't see the tires when you're sitting in the driver's seat listening to these typical mud terrains hum .... If that's your thing, God Bless Ya! ... But not for me.

bscline09
bscline09's Reviews
07-12-2010, 10:23 AM
Price: $790.00
Pros: Agressive look
Cons: semi-noisey..that I like
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I love these tires and they perform really well off road! Def a buy again!!

sal-XK
sal-XK's Reviews

06-14-2010, 08:22 PM
Price: $192.00
Pros: awesome grip in rock sand and mud
Cons: none yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Have over a month on them now. Have taken 3 trips so far the longest up to VA 7hrs highway to get there tires were good not to loud. Crawled right over the rocks and threw the mud no problems. Also went to Freeman park where the sand is thick. Stayed in 4Hi the whole time traction control only came on twice and tons of people were getting stuck. So far so good

jeepguyjim
jeepguyjim's Reviews
06-13-2010, 04:30 AM
Price: $0.01
Pros: Great tires so far.
Cons: None so far.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: These where on my YJ when I bought it and they are doing really good in all different terrains so far.

syddthekidd13
syddthekidd13's Reviews
05-05-2010, 05:22 AM
Price: $400.00
Pros: uninstalled yet
Cons: unknown
Recommended? Yes

Comments: 33"'x 12.5"'s....Will be putting them on my Jeep soon.

darren9975
darren9975's Reviews
03-20-2010, 06:34 AM
Price: $700.00
Pros: good on street, great on trail and wear very well
Cons: nothing to complain about
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Love these tires, they drive great on the street, they grab on the rocks, they clean in the mud and they are fairly cheap.

HighupLowdown
HighupLowdown's Reviews
03-18-2010, 03:45 PM
Price: $840.00
Pros: Smooth ride. Low road noise for MT. Looks very aggressive. Price is right.
Cons: Heavy as sin
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Only had them for 2 days now. Don't feel as different from stock as you would think.

06UnlimitedTJ
06UnlimitedTJ's Reviews

03-04-2010, 11:48 AM
Price: $619.00
Pros: excellent in mud, clean great, quiet.
Cons: ....none.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Although these are my first mud terrain, these tires are amazing. Realatively quiet for an MT up to 60 just put some tunes on and noise is unheard. They clean and fling mud like crazy and pulled me out of a couple spots where i was dragging axles. im runnin 35-40psi and i got through sugar said in 2wd drive with just a little effort so if you air down you wont have any problem. I can't say enough about these tires, they are amazing!!!

Texas ZJ1

Jeep Jedi Master
Texas ZJ1's Reviews
02-10-2010, 11:36 AM
Price: $140.00
Pros: Great tires, very quiet
Cons: Haven't found any
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I'm running the 35s and they were spooky quiet when I first put them on, after about 15K on them, they are a starting to sound like a MT but, not nearly as loud as the Bridgestone MTs or Savero GT Radial MTs I ran before.

OurayWK
OurayWK's Reviews
12-11-2009, 11:46 PM
Price: $828.00
Pros: Great traction, sidewalls seem to be pretty tough, seem to wear good (4,500miles/6mo), Cool tread pattern (cross between BFG MT KM1 and GY MT/R), good price.
Cons: seem a little noisy compared to BFGs or MT/Rs, one tire needed about 10oz and still couldn't dual plane balance.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Good tires for the price, will probably go with Goodyear MT/R's next time.

OurayWK
OurayWK's Reviews
12-11-2009, 11:28 PM
Price: $828.00
Pros: Great Traction, sidewalls seem pretty tough, after about 4,500 miles/6mo seem to be wearing good, about time to rotate 'em. Really like the tread pattern - like a cross between a BFG MT KM1 and Goodyear MT/R.
Cons: Seem to be a little on the noisy side maybe compared to BFG's or MT/R's, one tire of four needed alot of weight (10oz?) and wasn't dual plane balanced.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great tire for the price. Will probably go with MT/R's next time, though, based on my perception of better quality.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »