Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Tires & Wheels > Tires > Maxxis Bighorn MT

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Maxxis Bighorn MT Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Tires Next Product

Maxxis Bighorn MT

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $2,500.00
Average Price: $505.72
Manufacturer: Maxxis
Recommended?
Yes: 98 / No: 4

The Bighorn radial adds to an already impressive line-up of serious light truck tires offered by Maxxis. Judging by appearance, there’s no question that the Bighorn is an aggressive off-road tire. Judging by design, it’s exceptionally engineered to meet the challenges of the most demanding off-road enthusiasts.

- Staggered shoulder lugs for added traction in uneven terrain.
- Deep tread blocks for self-cleaning capabilities.
- Pinned for studs.
- Excellent traction in mud and rocky terrain.
- Enhanced puncture resistance.
- Outstanding handling capability on all hard terrain.
- RWL = Raised White Letter

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

jadams800
jadams800's Reviews

05-27-2014, 03:30 PM
Price: $175.00
Pros: Cheap
Cons: Cheap
Recommended? No

Comments: I had these (32") on an 04 TJ. I bought them because I didn't want to spend a ton of money at the time. Wound up having them on the Jeep for two years. I would say after about a year they had some pretty serious wear and had I kept that Jeep any longer they would have needed replacing. They start out on the quite side for their type, but definitely get louder as time goes on. Gas mileage took a nose dive as well. If you really care about mileage and aren't doing a lot of off-roading maybe go for the all terrains instead.

HawaiiJoe
HawaiiJoe's Reviews
12-23-2013, 12:56 AM
Price: $1,200.00
Pros: I will let you know when i put more than 30 miles on them.
Cons: I will let you know when i put more than 30 miles on them.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I will write a review in the next 6 months when i have given them a good breaking in

osprey710
osprey710's Reviews
03-27-2013, 11:29 PM
Price: $170.00
Pros: Traction, low noise
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Clean out nice, excellent traction. Low road noise until fronts got chopped by front shocks leaking. Been running the same set for 3 years now and still have good tread on rears. Front worn down by shocks leaking. Price has gone up since I bought mine, now they run about 275

Platypus

Built In The Rain
Platypus's Reviews
01-15-2013, 10:07 PM
Price: $208.00
Pros: great in all terrain. low road (pavement) noise.
Cons: they wear really fast as all good M/Ts do
Recommended? Yes

Comments: i love the whites out. haven't had a chance to take them out at this time, but they have done great in the poor weather thus far.

arkabilly
arkabilly's Reviews
10-30-2012, 10:30 PM
Price: $800.00
Pros: great off road traction unstoppable in the mud good price
Cons: so so on road manners. Don't beat em on the rocks or you'll be sorry!
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I got these from the local tire shop for a good deal a little over 800 for 32x1150s was awesome. I do a little driving in around town on them. They did well at superlift orv park. I wouldn't recommend them to someone who drives mostly on the street but if you like to throw your jeep in the mud every chance you can then this is the tire for you.

Robhimselfff
Robhimselfff's Reviews
10-04-2012, 08:32 PM
Price: $180.00
Pros: These tires have helped me through every obstacle I've come up against and haven't let me down yet.
Cons: Big tires come with big tire problems. Couple brake issues needed to be addressed, as well as some tranny and gear work.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This tires has the exact look and fit the application i needed without the big price of a Mickey Thompson or a Pro Comp set up. Also surprisingly quiet at highway speed for the aggressive tread.

MontanaTJ
MontanaTJ's Reviews
10-03-2012, 11:08 PM
Price: $1.00
Pros: Deep tred, grabs everything
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Theses tires were on my jeep when i got it, the tire shop says there 220 a piece. I have taken them over sharp rocks mud snow and rain with no problems. There really not that loud on the highway eather.

smashedfrog88
smashedfrog88's Reviews
07-30-2012, 08:58 PM
Pros: Pretty good offroad and on trails
Cons: Little loud which I kinda like
Recommended? Yes

Comments:

pistonhead
pistonhead's Reviews
07-25-2012, 05:45 PM
Pros: Sound great
Cons: Tread wears fast
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Came with rig when I got it. Hard compound

creativ
creativ's Reviews
07-17-2012, 11:22 AM
Pros: Excellent tread pattern. Great mud clearing ability.
Cons: These are some seriously heavy tires. MPG takes a hit for sure.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Maxxis Bighorn MT 32x11.5 on 15x8 Cragars.

These are some very aggressive tires, but also function well on road.

Grip: In mud they are second to none. They really dig in and grab, and clear quite nicely. In snow they don't compare to Blizzaks, but I still felt pretty capable, and was able to crawl myself out of some interesting situations using 4WD in the U.P.

Noise: With a tread pattern like this, you will have some noise. With windows up you wont notice them at all, but with windows down you definitely know they are there. That's what the volume knob is for though.

Tread Wear: They appear to be wearing evenly, and I am not disappointed in terms of tread life. It is worth mentioning that they are very stout tires, as close to bulletproof as I have ever seen. I have gone wheeling without a spare (terrible idea I know) because of the confidence they inspire.

MPG: These are some heavy duty tires, and I mean heavy. I was hitting 20MPG before, now I am somewhere around 16 on a good day.

Balance: They took some weight, but balanced right out with no problems even using all sticky weights.

Ksyrium
Ksyrium's Reviews
07-01-2012, 02:41 PM
Price: $200.00
Pros: good traction, good wear,
Cons: holds onto rocks often.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: pumping higher pressure has reduced road noise - although I kinda miss hearing them roll down the road, but better MPG's is worth it. Currently around 40 psi.

ClarkJeeps
ClarkJeeps's Reviews
01-24-2012, 07:53 PM
Price: $300.00
Pros: Great for off road use very long lasting
Cons: low hum, dont last as long as road tires.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: AKJSAKJSAKJSAKJSAKJSAKJSAKJSAKJSAKJSAKJSAKJSAKJSAK JSAKJSAKJSAKJSAKJSAKJSAKJSAKJSAKJSAKJSAKJSAKJSAKJS AKJSAKJS

Duck Doctor
Duck Doctor's Reviews

01-03-2012, 07:52 PM
Price: $400.00
Pros: Quiet
Cons: None
Recommended? No

Comments: Tires are much quieter than the BFG MT's I had on my TJ.

HitowerInc
HitowerInc's Reviews
12-06-2011, 09:56 PM
Price: $100.00
Pros: Hook up well, Does great in rain and offroad. Look great
Cons: Loud. Very Loud.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Got these tires cheap on a trade. They work great but are really loud on the road. If i was spending full price I probably would have got something different but I'm happy with them for the price i got em for.

KevKaos

KevKaos's Reviews
10-30-2011, 04:03 PM
Price: $195.00
Pros: Seem to work equally well on the road and in the dirt. Just did a two day wheeling trip, and they hooked up nicely. Quieter than most other aggressive tread tires when on road.
Cons: Haven't had them long enough to notice any negatives.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: My review is covered in the pros and cons. I haven't really had them long enough to judge their wear, and that is one of the big things for me. I used them on a recent wheeling trip, where I faced a bit of everything. Rocks, sand, dirt, water and mud. They handled everything fine. So far, I am very happy with these tires.

TheJuDge19
TheJuDge19's Reviews
09-12-2011, 04:22 PM
Price: $250.00
Pros: Solid Ride, good handling on or off road
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Purchased a set of 31x10.50 for my existing 15 inch wheels. Got a great price on all 4 with about 70% tread left. Considering a new set of the same brand but 33x10.50 as I have seen em on another red Cherokee "twin" running about town and they look aggressive! I recommend a set for anyone looking to get dirty quick and on a tight budget

BAREFOOT1
BAREFOOT1's Reviews
08-31-2011, 06:41 AM
Price: $170.00
Pros: good on road manners for a mud tire
Cons: not the greatest offroad
Recommended? Yes

Comments: upgraded from the goodyear silent armor to the Maxxis Big Horn for a more aggressive offroad tire. Tire still has good on road manners, but gives me more capability for trails and hunting in the woods.

sal-XK
sal-XK's Reviews

08-07-2011, 05:03 PM
Pros: great price and great off road traction and handle weight very well
Cons: A little loud on the pavement.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Just wanted to add an update to the Big horns I'm running. I have about 1.5 yrs on them now and still wearing awesome and looking good. I have miles and miles of rock trails on them as well. I'm running stock rims and air these down to 10PSI with no issues at all great flex in the tire awesome puncture resistance as well. Were my friends are getting there sidewalls cut threw I'm just pushing threw no problems. I had these in snow, mud, lots of sand and of course rock and tons of water. The traction is outstanding in all area's were I don't even air down at the beach.

pepe91
pepe91's Reviews
06-21-2011, 03:44 PM
Price: $700.00
Pros: good tires cheap and durable
Recommended? Yes

Comments: .

rogerhill
rogerhill's Reviews
04-15-2011, 06:00 PM
Pros: They have done great for our style of wheeling. Trails and reasonable mud for the size of the jeep
Cons: none so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I got these tires without looking into reviews. They have done great so far and provide better traction than I can get as of yet without lockers. They were not bad price wise I thought. I have not put very many miles on them but they seem to be wearing pretty well. I would reccomend these to anyone.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »