Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Tires & Wheels > Tires > Interco Trxus STS

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Interco Trxus STS Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Tires Next Product

Interco Trxus STS

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $350.00
Average Price: $372.71
Manufacturer: Interco
Recommended?
Yes: 9 / No: 1

The TrXus STS, the STS stands for Three Stage Sidewall, is a new concept in all terrain tires. These tires are not intended to be a substitute for the Super Swamper or Bogger tires but a tire for you if you spend a lot of time on the street. Besides working so well on the street it has good off road performance and excels in snow and sand. It is also very much at home in the rocks and will impress anyone with its all around performance. This tire is going to set a new standard in the all terrain category.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

Diverdown87
Diverdown87's Reviews
03-03-2012, 06:43 PM
Price: $1,100.00
Pros: great off road
Cons: pricey
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Lasted 60+ K miles.

fitzz24
fitzz24's Reviews
11-14-2009, 03:05 PM
Price: $250.00
Pros: style
Cons: life span
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This is a sharp looking tire, but it doesn't have a very long life span.

Disco69

Disco69's Reviews

05-11-2009, 06:51 PM
Price: $291.00
Pros: Excellent in the sand, snow, and ice.
Cons: Hard to balance and wore uneven
Recommended? No

Comments: I bought these when they first came out. 35x12.50x17 Tires wore uneven and were extremely hard to balance. Had the vehicle aligned 3 times all by different places and had the tires balanced by traditional weights and by the bags that go inside of the tires; rotated frequently. The uneven wear was so bad that it gave death wobble to the point of destroying dual stabilizers...bought new tires, and it went away.

stevenmh
stevenmh's Reviews

06-04-2008, 03:34 PM
Interco Trxus STS
Price: $178.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: not a big fan of the tires, good tread wear. they have alright performance offorad. good in snow and sand, clean themselves out well to 33/13.50/16

Special_Z28

Special_Z28's Reviews

05-08-2008, 10:24 PM
Interco Trxus STS
Price: $300.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Good looking sand/snow tire, not to great in the mud, doesn't clean very well at all! Great in the rain too! Superior sidewalls/long life tread! Not too noisey either, great on highway. Only downfall is in the mud!

tarbendar
tarbendar's Reviews

05-07-2008, 07:11 PM
Interco Trxus STS
Price: $350.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: One of the more interesting tread designs I have ever seen. Tried these out in the sugar sand in the pines with no issues at all. Got great flotation at 10psi and decent at 28psi.

notrace34
notrace34's Reviews

04-26-2008, 10:36 PM
Interco Trxus STS
Price: $140.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Brand new

Shawn_c
Shawn_c's Reviews

03-13-2007, 08:05 PM
Interco Trxus STS
Pros: Smooth ride, magical in the sand, quiet, inexpensive
Cons: very soft side wall, spin on the rim alot
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I ran these, 33x12.5/15, in a 4cyl TJ with 4.88 gears. I really love these tires. On the street they are quiet and handle well in the rain and snow. Off road in the sand they are awesome. They refuse to dig, even in times when I was running out of wheel speed they would just keep me climbing when other tires would have started digging instead of going forward.

In the mud I think they do as well as most other MT tires. Maybe if you got into some peanut butter thick mud they might not, but the muddy trails I did worked great.

I got to play with these in the rocks a little bit. I'll start by saying I'm not a rock crawler, but I think these tires did good. I let the air down to about 10lbs and tread would envelope the rocks and really claw your way up. I was amazed at how maybe one or two lugs would be the only things holding onto a rock, but like little fingers they gripped and pulled there way up.

In loose dirt mixed with shale they did very well to.

The on eproblem I had with these was when I let the tires down to 5lbs for the sand on some hill climbs the tires would spin on the rim. Then I would be forced to go in and get the tires balenced again.

Other then that I would recomend this tire to anyone that has a daily driver, and who sees alot of different terrain.

aaggie77
aaggie77's Reviews

11-02-2006, 03:37 PM
Interco Trxus STS
Pros: Outstanding for sand.
Cons: Better have a friend for the mud, ie. winch
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I borrowed a set of 33s for a weekend while going to Glamis in southern California. These things are magical in the sand when I aired down to 10 lbs. These things will take you places you have no business being. I've seen and spoken with Border Patrol agents who use these and they recommend as well.

bigcatdaddy
bigcatdaddy's Reviews

09-17-2006, 09:31 PM
Interco Trxus STS
Pros: Great highway tire, also good offroad performance, Super quiet with top down
Cons: Not aggressive looking enough
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have had these tires in a 33x12.50x16 for about a year. Excellent treadwear, and life. After 12,000 miles no sign of wear. Quiet ride with or without a top. Personally I love the look but if you want an aggressive tire this one might not be the one for you. Don't let looks fool you though, these are a great pulling tire in mud or snow.