Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Tires & Wheels > Tires > Interco TrXus MT

New Vendor - ARTEC Industries Battery MountsComplete Axle Options Expanded !!!! ECGSNEW Smittybilt Gen 2 9.5 winch at JeepHut.com

Interco TrXus MT Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Tires Next Product

Interco TrXus MT

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $1,200.00
Average Price: $363.12
Manufacturer: Interco
Recommended?
Yes: 69 / No: 8

The NEW TrXus Mud Terrain is INTERCO'S answer to the need of those who want a smooth, super quiet ride with tough, thick sidewalls with a chip and cut resistant compound. This tire has more siping than any other mud terrain on the market; which has proven to be almost magical in icy snowy conditions. These same traction features make this tire a serious rock climber.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Ryan99TJ
Ryan99TJ's Reviews

03-05-2008, 09:42 PM
Interco TrXus MT
Price: $134.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: 33"

hodgeman
hodgeman's Reviews

02-28-2008, 06:14 PM
Interco TrXus MT
Price: $150.00
Recommended? No

Comments: good tire off road fare tire on road good wear bad to keep balanced out of round

cooltc2004

cooltc2004's Reviews

02-27-2008, 11:14 PM
Interco TrXus MT
Price: $450.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Awesome tires, very aggressive.

DeconsTructionJ

DeconsTructionJ's Reviews

10-12-2007, 01:59 AM
Interco TrXus MT
Pros: work decently offroad
Cons: do not balance, cause front end wobble, wear fast, cupping when wearing, terrible on wet pavement, not claimed size
Recommended? No

Comments: I purchased 265/75r16 m/ts to go on my stock rubicon moabs

these tires would be perfect for a dedicated trail rig unfortunately at that point I would just run a regular tsl.

coming from having ssr's on my last jeep I would have to say the trxus are terrible, I thought they would be a little better handling on the road than the ssr's would be but apparently I was wrong the ssr is an amazing street tire compared to the trxus the only way that the trxus is a better tire is in the noise department but that is the least of my worries.

The interco claimed size of 31.9" tall when mounted on a 7.5" rim I would imagine is a little far fetched considering that on an 8" rim they stand 31.3" tall

these tires wander like crazy on the road and seem to find every little rut to pull themselves into. They will not balance and cause a shake in my front end.

the wet road traction is pathetic they spin and slide and cause some of the longest braking distances I have ever seen when the roads are wet.

they work decently offroad but not near as good as the ssrs I had previously

I wonder if it has something to do with this tire being a load range D for the 16" rim configuration I have noticed that people that have these tires in 16's seem to dislike them more than the 15" owners

daniel01TJ
daniel01TJ's Reviews

10-10-2007, 04:51 PM
Interco TrXus MT
Price: $150.00
Pros: quiet on road, great price, great ride all around
Cons: dont balance very well
Recommended? Yes

Comments: got 33x12.50x15, they ride awesome, but balance like ****. they are definitely worth the $150 i paid per tire and will definitely be replacing them with more trxus mt.

darkbluesr240
darkbluesr240's Reviews

08-13-2007, 10:11 PM
Interco TrXus MT
Pros: Awesome ride
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I love these tires nice ride super quiet. Got through everything I threw at it and then some.

never2fast14
never2fast14's Reviews

05-15-2007, 09:43 AM
Interco TrXus MT
Pros: great traction, not too loud, onroad is just fine
Cons: wear too fast
Recommended? Yes

Comments: These are great tire. I love them. THe only thing is that they seem to be wearing fast. Balancing was not an issue. I bought 5 packets of this equal from les swab for 30. All they place i had mount them did was throw the packet in and mount. They have been in perfect ballance. 30 bucks to get 5 tires balanced. SOunds good to me. will be my next tires unless something else comes out better.

Rubi22

Rubi22's Reviews

02-04-2007, 08:53 PM
Interco TrXus MT
Pros: Great in mud
Cons: Very hard to balance, cause shimmy, short tread life
Recommended? No

Comments: I've driven about 4k on them, (LT285 75 R16) and ive only lost the single outside block on the tread. very hard to balance, tried 3 different guys and nobody has been able to correct my shimmy.

EDIT: After about 10k more miles, I've definitely changed my opinion. Treadwear looked fine at the beginning, but I'm already (at about 16k miles) needing to look for a new set. I'm amazed at how fast they wore with proper maintenance. Still with low tread, though, the off-road performance is great.

ajmorell

ajmorell's Reviews

01-25-2007, 11:16 PM
Interco TrXus MT
Pros: Great offroad traction
Cons: 2 Ply Sidewalls
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have had my 31" Trxus MTs for about 6 months now with no complaints. I don't think I will replace them with another set when these are done though.

Wheezy
Wheezy's Reviews

12-30-2006, 09:31 PM
Interco TrXus MT
Pros: Flex Well
Cons: A little too soft
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I've had mine for over 2 years with over 8,000 mi. and they still have enough tread to pass Mass. inspection. I've chunked one by stuffing it up into wheelwell.
Never had a ballance problem even with my 33's. Will be buying 35's.

talnro
talnro's Reviews

12-13-2006, 09:24 AM
Interco TrXus MT
Pros: cleans well
Cons: terrible wet road traction. very loud
Recommended? No

Comments: PO installed. No wet road traction. Got to where I was plumb scared to drive it in the rain. Just about as loud as my old buckshots.

alf4444

alf4444's Reviews

09-30-2006, 11:40 PM
Interco TrXus MT
Pros: Looks aggressive, cleans well
Cons: Won't balance and sucks on Ice
Recommended? No

Comments: I've had mine on my DD for about 3 years (10k miles) They suck on Ice and won't balance at all anymore. 2 are out of round.

j33pd4wg

j33pd4wg's Reviews

08-09-2006, 04:36 PM
Interco TrXus MT
Price: $188.00
Pros: Great tread design and strong sidewall
Cons: Hard to balance
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Probably the best all around offroad tire I've run. Good in all conditions, especially in conditions where you need to dig for traction.

The tires are hard to balance, but this seems to be a trademark of Interco tires and is the reason these tires get a 9 from me instead of a 10.

Bowhunter46563

Bowhunter46563's Reviews

08-04-2006, 07:36 PM
Interco TrXus MT
Pros: Great tire in mudrock and snow. Quiet at first got loader as time went on.
Cons: Had balance issues and lots of tire wobble.
Recommended? No

Comments: Had these for about 10.000 mile wear was good, kept them rotated. Plenty of of traction offroad and in the snow,but had issues keeping the tires in balance from the start also had lots of tire wobble. Swithed to MTR's no more wobble or balance issues,Jeep rides and drives alot smoother.

mud chicken
mud chicken's Reviews

07-31-2006, 04:25 PM
Interco TrXus MT
Pros: great all around tire on and off road
Cons: hard to balance and poor tread wear
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Bought the tire because everyone that I talked to said how well they wear. I must have got mine from a bad batch because they are wearing very fast. (Rotated every 3000 miles). Tires are great on road and are awsome off road. Cant beat them for the price. I have 31's and all the shops in my area have problems getting them balanced. I would buy these tires again, but if you are looking for a well wearing on road tire I would look into something else.

just enough
just enough's Reviews

07-31-2006, 03:32 PM
Interco TrXus MT
Pros: very tuff tire with good street manners
Cons: louder with age. What tire isn't?
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have had mine for 1.5 years and am still very happy. I have had the sidewall tear through the first layer but never a full puncture. The compound is soft and mine are chunking a little but still no real issues with balancing. I will buy again in the 35 inch size.

dakuda

Admin, Jeep in Pieces
dakuda's Reviews

07-30-2006, 08:55 PM
Interco TrXus MT
Pros: Good tread life, grips well, cleans fairly well
Cons: Some have had balancing problems, become louder as they age
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have had these tires for about 2 years. I have not had any balancing issues or tread life problems at all during that time. I have perhaps 25k road miles and who knows how many off road miles on the set, and still have a good amount of tread left.

They have held up to a few sidewall tears (not all the way through), and clean out pretty well on the trail.

When new, they were real quiet on the street, but seem to be getting louder as time goes on.

These are a pretty good all-around tire for street driven Jeeps that want a nice off road mud tire.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4