Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Tires & Wheels > Tires > High-Tec Retreads (now TreadWright) A/T

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOld Man Emu WK Lift - Black Friday Special!!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

High-Tec Retreads (now TreadWright) A/T Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Tires Next Product

High-Tec Retreads (now TreadWright) A/T

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $533.00
Average Price: $257.37
Manufacturer: High-Tec Retreads (now TreadWright)
Recommended?
Yes: 18 / No: 0

From their site: http://treadwright.com/default.aspx

Quote:
Remanufacturing tires is a valuable resource in saving our environment. While the tread of the tire may be worn away from highway use, many tire casings are valuable for their recycling potential. TreadWright, Inc. has 30 years of experience in providing high quality retread tires, saving the user money and saving our environment.

Remanufacturing a tire is accomplished in several steps.

1. Casings are acquired from tire dealers who are familiar with the process and understand the proper storage of a used casing until they can be picked up. When the tire is received at our remanufacturing plant, it is again stored in a vertical position on racks where no tire is placed on top of it which could crush the sidewall and cause serious internal damage. This quality control feature costs us more to do, but it is important to the quality of the tire.

2. Inspection of each casing is done in several stages. First, the tire dealer is setting aside casings that could possibly be used for recycling. The next visual inspection is done as the tires are accepted for transport to our remanufacturing plant. And finally, the casing is brought into our plant inspection department where it is carefully inspected under excellent lighting, with non-destructive sophisticated inspection equipment that is available to the industry. Casings also receive a complete rigorous visual inspection at this point. Accepted casings are now placed into the remanufacturing process.

3. The process in the casings begins with a high speed buffing
which mechanically removes the remaining old tread. Today's buffers are extremely accurate and will remove the proper amount of old rubber while truing the tire to an exact specified, laser ensured, diameter and radius.

4. Application of new rubber to the tread area is the next step. The unvulcanized tread rubber is applied to the tire with a preset adhesive that begins the bonding of the new tread rubber to the casing. The tire is set aside for the adhesive to set.

5. Computer balance. We rebalance the tire to insure smooth running & good performance. Warranted to be less than 7 oz.

6. Molding of the new tire tread is the next step. The tire casing with the new unvulcanized tread rubber is placed in a rigid mold which contains the tread design in the tread area. The mold is heated and the rubber in the tread area vulcanizes and adheres to the casing with the new tread design molded in. This vulcanization process also bonds the tread rubber to the casing through the use of heat, pressure and time.

7. Compression-Cured in automatic press & segmented matrices.
Compression-cure is a superior method of remanufacturing Radial tires. It provides constant high pressure during cure resulting in a high density bond like new curing. The result: A high quality like new tire!

8. Trimming of the completed tire removes any excess rubber. The tire is then placed into racked storage to await a final inspection.

9. A final inspection of the tire is then performed that insures that only tires that meet industry quality standards are allowed to leave the remanufacturing plant. The tire is now ready to return to full service and a second (or third) life as a safe and economical alternative to high priced new tires.

10. Remanufactured tires are your best tire value. Truckers, fleet operators and consumers can expect substantial savings by using remanufactured tires. For additional information on remanufactured tires and to purchase tires, contact TreadWright, Inc.

REMANUFACTURED TIRE FACTS
Remanufacturing of tires has evolved into a high-tech process that provides quality tires at affordable prices. Remanufactured tires are a great way to keep your tire replacement costs down, and for businesses it is a way to keep the profits up.

Here are some remanufactured tire facts for your consideration.

1. For most fleets, tires represent the third largest item in their operating budget, right after labor and fuel costs.
2. Fleet managers have found they can reduce their tire costs by at least 50 percent by remanufacturing their tire casings at least twice.
3. The lowest possible cost-per-mile is achieved with a good tire management program that includes the use of quality remanufactured tires.
4. Remanufactured tires are the replacement tire of choice for most truckers.
5. Remanufactured tires are not only cost effective, but they are also dependable, reliable and safe. They are used by truckers with scheduled delivery times, small package delivery companies with guaranteed delivery times, on commercial and military jets and by most school bus operators.
6. Remanufactured tires are also environmentally friendly. Tires are basically petrochemical products. It takes 22 gallons of oil to manufacture one new truck tire. Most of the oil is found in the casing, which is reused in the remanufacturing process. As a result, it takes only 7 gallons of oil to produce a quality remanufactured tire. It also keeps the casing from going to a landfill.

Remanufactured tires are your best tire value. Truckers, fleet operators and consumers can expect substantial savings by using our tires. For additional information on our tires and to purchase tires, contact TreadWright, Inc.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

Jeep_bones
Jeep_bones's Reviews

04-07-2009, 12:56 PM
Price: $500.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I actually have the M/T with the product choice doesn't have :headscratch:
Anyway these have done very well both on road and off. I can't attest to how they wear as I haven't used them long enough to form an opinion, but for the price you can't beat 'em.

ISUzj

ISUzj's Reviews

03-24-2009, 12:50 PM
Price: $380.00
Pros: Great tires, quiet, good snow and ice tire,
Cons: had a cut bead/ see below
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I got the BFG AT treads, 31x15x10.5 couldn't be happier, got to the 7500 mark, went to rotate, noticed a crack on the bead. Called up Treadwright and sent pictures. No questions asked they sent me a replacement tire at no cost. I will def be getting these tires again, only if they had 32" ones.....

melloyello
melloyello's Reviews

03-22-2009, 08:59 PM
Price: $533.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Actually I have the MT's. 31x10.50-15. I will let you know how they work out.

Jon08JK

Jon08JK's Reviews

02-26-2009, 02:11 PM
Price: $75.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have the Mud Terrain OTR's there was not an option for it on the drop down window that is why is says A/T. I like these tires, cheap and great customer service.

cdsmith_2002
cdsmith_2002's Reviews

02-14-2009, 12:20 PM
Price: $80.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I've got the ones that look like Goodyear MTRs. These tires are great on and off road. Great value.

PokeFan
PokeFan's Reviews

01-20-2009, 12:32 PM
Price: $65.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Tires have held up great with nice even wear! They were a bit of a pain to balance but we got them pretty close.

TFDEngine58
TFDEngine58's Reviews

12-30-2008, 04:01 AM
Price: $300.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: 235/75/R15 BFGoodrich AT KO retreaded to be BFG M/T style tread. these retreads are excellent and i couldnt notice the difference from the last 6 months of use, other than the price of $75 each shipped to your door cant beat that

abbottg
abbottg's Reviews

12-17-2008, 12:17 AM
Price: $78.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: These are the Mud Terrains, 33x10.5R15. Great tires. I had a set from same company for an old powerwagon and couldn't wear them out.

srmitchell

srmitchell's Reviews

11-27-2008, 10:34 PM
Price: $73.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: These tires are amazing.
At/b, 31x10.50r15

-The tread is deeper than the real thing

-They look taller than 31"

-Quiet, and super sticky.

I am not concerned about the retread safety.

Price is per tire. (385 shipped for 4)

SquirrelPig
SquirrelPig's Reviews

07-02-2008, 02:06 PM
Price: $412.80
Recommended? Yes

Comments: What a deal this was. I got 5 BFG A/Ts with shipping for $412.80. They balanced perfectly and have held up great even with some rugged off-roading.

SquirrelPig
SquirrelPig's Reviews

07-02-2008, 01:31 PM
Price: $412.80
Recommended? Yes

Comments: What a deal this was. I got 5 BFG A/Ts with shipping for $412.80. They balanced perfectly and have held up great even with some rugged off-roading.

mtnxj

mtnxj's Reviews

05-26-2008, 10:51 PM
Price: $200.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I bought four of the A/T tires from Treadwright in December of 2007. I have put on 6,000 miles in almost 6 months and have zero complaints. The tread pattern is very capable and compares to BFG or Goodyear all-terrains. There is minimal road noise. All 4 tires balanced with less than half an ounce of wheel weight per tire. I have driven 8 hours straight on the highway, and also gone on a 6+ hour trail ride with them aired down to 12 psi. They still look like the day I bought them. I would not hesitate to purchase these again.

starfire340
starfire340's Reviews

04-11-2008, 01:18 PM
Price: $240.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Excellent product Excellent Value

TJeep97
TJeep97's Reviews

04-09-2008, 10:52 PM
Price: $500.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: great

Birge
Birge's Reviews

04-08-2008, 03:16 PM
Price: $353.12
Recommended? Yes

Comments: 3015MD UG 30 x 9.5"

fatkid89704
fatkid89704's Reviews

03-26-2008, 11:46 PM
Price: $310.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: nice tires.well worth the money and very reasonable prices.good grip and wearing well so far.

burge
burge's Reviews

03-24-2008, 11:57 PM
Price: $55.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: have the mud 31x10.5x15 for 1 year so far no problem at all nice sound

PanthrosRevenge

PanthrosRevenge's Reviews

10-30-2007, 08:46 AM
Price: $65.00
Pros: Price, look, delivery, matching casings
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I ordered a set of these and couldn't be happier. They've got way more traction than my old Cooper AST IIs. It's about $20 shipping per tire plus mounting/balancing. So I got a set of four delivered and installed for about $340. The look cool, I got matching Yokohama Geolander carcasses, and delivery was quick. I would definitely recommend for anyone looking for a good value.