Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Tires & Wheels > Tires > High-Tec Retreads Mud OTR

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

High-Tec Retreads Mud OTR Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Tires Next Product

High-Tec Retreads Mud OTR

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $200.00
Average Price: $159.40
Manufacturer: High-Tec Retreads
Recommended?
Yes: 8 / No: 0

High-Tec Retreads (http://www.high-tec-retreading.com/index.html)

Offers a selection of mud, all terrain, and in between tires an exceptional price.

My personal review is that they are awesome tires. I have been running the 31" Mud OTR for about 40,000 miles and they have held up great. I have run them low (5-8psi) with no problems.

Mud traction is excellent, dry handling wonderful, noise level high (but in a good way). Wet weather handling leaves something to be desired (much the same with most mud tires).

Craftsmanship is top notch, don't believe all the flack you hear about retreaded tires, it is not true.

They offer a 2 year, 20,000 mile warranty.

Tread life is excellent, I will expect a full 60,000 miles out of my set.

All were able to balance easily, the worst being 3.75 oz out. Treadware is even and uniform.

I have recommended these tires to a lot of fellow Jeepers who have had a wonderful experiece.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

BFerrell
BFerrell's Reviews
04-05-2010, 01:36 PM
Price: $385.00
Pros: Cheap yet still have a warranty, balanced well, good mixed trail tire (mud,water and rock), tried and true design, fast shipping
Cons: Loud on the highway, airing down not recommended
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Let me begin my stating the purpose of these tires; these are for my secondary vehicle, not my daily driver. Although I do drive my Jeep fairly frequently, I am not racking up a lot of miles on it. When searching for a decent mud terrain tire for cheap these were the first to come to mind. Although the tread looks like an old Co-op brand tire, it gets to job done in mud/softer terrain. On rock, the rubber compound doesn't have nearly the grip as my Maxxis Bighorn's had on my previous Jeep, but part of that is due to the inability to air down (voids warranty. . . not sure how they can tell though). On road they are louder at highway speeds. Although some may have a problem with retreads on the street, I recently drove the Jeep to Fall Creek Falls (over 100 miles one way) on a camping trip with no problems whatsoever. Overall, a decent tire in which you get a little more than what you pay for.

rubicon1000
rubicon1000's Reviews

07-11-2008, 02:55 AM
Price: $95.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: wow what can i say these tires are great 265 16s on stock rubicon wheels i got bfg caseings and these tires clean the bud out so well!!!

nycnomad
nycnomad's Reviews

05-09-2008, 11:07 AM
Price: $55.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I absolutely love these tires. A little noisy, but can't beat the price. Agressive mud tread, decent traction.

FlexdXJ

FlexdXJ's Reviews

04-30-2008, 09:45 PM
Price: $200.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: good tire. great tire for the price. Loud on the interstate. They have good traction too. I would definitely recommend them for a trail rig

S. Smith
S. Smith's Reviews

03-25-2008, 12:07 PM
Price: $62.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great tire for the money. This is a cheap way to put tires on a jeep.

moparornocar89

moparornocar89's Reviews

08-19-2007, 09:56 PM
Pros: CHEAP!! SAME AS ANY OTHER MUD TERRAIN
Cons: if you get a mickey t with the side biters it looks kind of dumb...
Recommended? Yes

Comments: these things are bad a$$ for the price. you cant beat 80 bucks for a set of 33s.

bills79jeep
bills79jeep's Reviews

11-22-2006, 01:50 PM
Pros: Awesome price, clean well in mud, ok on the street
Cons: no siping for wet weather, not as nice looking as factory muds- a few small blemishes
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I am very pleased with these tires. The way I look at it, if they last half as long, who cares, they cost half as much!

msavard

msavard's Reviews

07-31-2006, 03:36 PM
Pros: Price - Quality -
Cons: Limited Selection
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I've been running the High Tec Retreading 31x10.50 A/T Tires for a while now and absolutely love them. They are a huge step up from the Wrangler GSRs that were stock on my 2004 Jeep. Anyone concerned about retreads shouldn't be. I've logged a good mix of highway, backroad, and trail mileage with no issues to date. I've put these through the ringer on the trails and have had NO problems thus far... they've held up to rocks, mud, and just about anything else I can throw at them.

A GREAT value for those seeking a cheap set of solid tires.