Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Tires & Wheels > Tires > Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor

New DEAL OF THE WEEK at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Tires Next Product

Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $990.00
Average Price: $342.37
Manufacturer: Goodyear
Recommended?
Yes: 66 / No: 5

Wrangler Silent Armor is Goodyear's newest truck tire for both on- and off-road driving and is designed to complement your truck by providing rugged toughness, while delivering a smooth and quiet ride. Not only is this tire tough enough to get the job done, it's built to do it quietly. Premium on-/-off-road tire that helps deliver great traction and ruggedness. This tire emulates the hard-working capability of your truck, providing strength and toughness, as well as a smooth, quite ride.

Not every Wrangler gets to wear the SilentArmor Technology shield. The key to SilentArmor Technology lies just beneath the tread. Two high-tensile steel belts and a layer made with KEVLARŪ, a material that's, pound for pound, five times stronger than steel, helps to give this tire its toughness.

The same layer made with KEVLARŪ also acts as a barrier to help absorb road noise for a smooth, quiet, comfortable ride.

Goodyear Silent Armor Website

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

sherp89
sherp89's Reviews

03-04-2008, 11:47 PM
Price: $150.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: great for what they are ATs that look tough for AT. Great to drive on the highway. NOT for the trails or rocks, but city and highway even with snow is a good AT that wears well and is smooth and quiet... yes I want REAL tires someday but will miss these on the way to work I think.

Ptr

Ptr's Reviews

03-03-2008, 12:13 PM
Price: $115.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: very quiet on road. pretty good for off road.

bairy
bairy's Reviews

02-20-2008, 05:52 PM
Pros: Quiet, Balanced well, Awesome Wear
Cons: Slightly heavy for an AT
Recommended? Yes

Comments: picked up (5) 33x12.5x15 at discount tire. The look so much better in person than in the pictures. So don't always judge them by the pictures online. I have gone many places others thought I could never go with AT tires. I have made them all open their eyes wide after a trip while looking at my tires and saying "I still can't believe you did not get stuck" I only had a limited slip in the rear. Some full locked rigs were having trouble where I did not. Maybe it is all driver, but these tires have not let me down. They self-clean really well too. They are awesome on road. They tend to adhere to the road too well and follow the crown. But that is typical for any really wide tire (running 10" rims).

severous01

severous01's Reviews
01-27-2008, 09:13 PM
Pros: extremely quiet
Cons: absolutely none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: got these for a steel from a friend who 'dropped them off the back of the truck and scratched them' at 300 bucks for 4 31-10.50's.

i was surprised when i went off-roading. i had cooper discoveries with the big nobby tread and they were awesome off-road. however....on the way to the mud hole it was silence in the cab....well worth the price alone. but when i got the the mud hole....they performed just as well as the coopers, if not better. couldnt really make a judgement because i jumped 4" in size but hey....they're awesome any way. i'm not a goodyear guy by any means.....but these tires rock.

and for some reason or another....they seem to be self cleaning. mud will NOT stick to these things for any reason. my coopers were always brown or striped. these are always black.

scotiez

scotiez's Reviews

01-19-2008, 01:03 PM
Pros: Great Traction for daily driver
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I replaced my stock tires 225/75R15s with 235/75R15s Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armors. These are about a half inch taller and a couple inches wider then stock. They look aggressive and have excellent traction in snow. This is my daily driver so i wanted a tire that is not over sized since my off roading is limited to some mild trails, and a trip accross a stubble field here and there. They also look great compaired the wimpy looking GS-As that were stock on the jeep.

AZNJEEPER
AZNJEEPER's Reviews

12-22-2007, 10:47 AM
Pros: Quiet, handles all conditions well
Cons: Price, looks
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Bought these a month ago by a recommendation since I've ran BFG A/T on my jeeps for 10 years now. At first, I thought I made the blunder of the century because the ride was real rough and it felt like I was driving around with cement tires. But, after checking the tire pressure (these babies were aired up to 45 psi), I lowered them down to 30 psi and it couldn't be more happy. They are quiet as hell, feel solid, cushion the ride, and have taken every bit of weather with ease. I'm actually not so afraid of rain anymore after moving away from the BFG A/Ts. Give it a try, I don't think you'll be disappointed. They are a little less aggressive looking than the BFGs but not too wimpy looking and they are just a little pricier but I believe it was well worth it.

jake97jeep
jake97jeep's Reviews

10-18-2007, 09:50 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have had mine for almost two years now. Mostly on-road driving and they are great. Very quiet and handle amazing in all weather conditions. I have had them in mud, snow and sand and have not gotten stuck. I got them from my uncle who sells them and he keeps tellin me to try to get stuck to test out the pull out gaurantee they come with and I just cannt get stuck. I have the 31x10.50x15 on my 97 Wrangler TJ. THE BEST!

CoolHunting
CoolHunting's Reviews

07-02-2007, 04:22 PM
Price: $162.00
Pros: Great all-season and all-terrain tire, A real sleeper AT the will perfrom as well as most MTs off-raod, great on-road performance/manners (i.e. quite, grip) as well.
Cons: None for me; some have suggested price, others have said balancing the tire
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Bought these tires locally to replace my stock Goodyear SR-A's. I have been ecstatic thus far over their ride quality and performance in any environment under any conditions. Absolutely one of the best (if not the best) AT tires available. You can keep your Revo and BFG AT KO's (which are very fine tires BTW), I believe the GY Wrangler Silent Armors outperforms them.

longarm
longarm's Reviews

02-15-2007, 01:08 PM
Pros: Great traction, Quiet
Cons: Price
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Any tire with the Goodyear name on it is going to be expensive. I bought these tires in 255/70/16 for my 05 Liberty CRD. These tires have handled all 4 of Mid- Michigan's seasons flawlessly. They worked great in the sand and mud of the Mounds ORV park the one time I had it out there. They have handled great in two Michigan winters and drive great in the rain. They are very quiet and smooth riding. I actually initially had BFG AT's on this Jeep and took them back and got these instead. I am very happy with this brand/model of tire and will purchase them again.

Alan Ellis

Alan Ellis's Reviews

08-10-2006, 02:18 PM
Price: $185.00
Pros: Quite on the highway, great traction in all conditions.
Cons: Pricey
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I replaced my Goodyear MTRs with the Wrangler Silent Armors. The biggest difference is the quiet ride at high speeds. Then, they can go immediately off-road and perform well also. I've had them in mud, snow, Colorado Jeep trails, and rock crawling, and they perform very well. Since most of my driving is highway anyway., they fit the bill perfectly for me. Highly recommended.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4