Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Tires & Wheels > Tires > Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor

Jeep Grand Cherokee Mirror - Side ViewJeep Grand Cherokee Header PanelTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Tires Next Product

Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $990.00
Average Price: $342.37
Manufacturer: Goodyear
Recommended?
Yes: 66 / No: 5

Wrangler Silent Armor is Goodyear's newest truck tire for both on- and off-road driving and is designed to complement your truck by providing rugged toughness, while delivering a smooth and quiet ride. Not only is this tire tough enough to get the job done, it's built to do it quietly. Premium on-/-off-road tire that helps deliver great traction and ruggedness. This tire emulates the hard-working capability of your truck, providing strength and toughness, as well as a smooth, quite ride.

Not every Wrangler gets to wear the SilentArmor Technology shield. The key to SilentArmor Technology lies just beneath the tread. Two high-tensile steel belts and a layer made with KEVLAR®, a material that's, pound for pound, five times stronger than steel, helps to give this tire its toughness.

The same layer made with KEVLAR® also acts as a barrier to help absorb road noise for a smooth, quiet, comfortable ride.

Goodyear Silent Armor Website

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4 > Last »

REDRUBY03
REDRUBY03's Reviews

02-27-2009, 05:08 PM
Price: $900.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: These are 265/16 AT's / Tread wear is really good. The sidewalls are little stiff.

steveedogg
steveedogg's Reviews

02-17-2009, 08:58 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: the best tire made by goodyear on the market today. this tire is designed for off road use in 4 wheel drive situations or the smoothest ride quality you can get (its called silent armor for a reason) these tires grip everything, great in the mud, they bite snow and ice, and they grab the trails like no other tire can. in my opinion this tire can out perform a BFGoodrich AT or a Bridgestone Dueler any day on any vehicle. i can guarantee if you buy a set of these tires you WILL notice a change in ride quality and on and off road traction. once you experience a goodyear tire like this you will know it is money well spent. i would recomend this tire to any off road jeep driver or a daily driver pick up truck.

justmegsb

justmegsb's Reviews

01-24-2009, 08:13 PM
Price: $750.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: These (31X10.50R15LT) are great road tires especially in wet weather. They do run quiet on pavement. Offroad they are good in cross country, light mud and rocks. You will want the Goodyear MT/R for very serious off-road ventures .

kitch_j
kitch_j's Reviews

01-10-2009, 06:55 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Excellent tires for light/moderate off-road use. Good road handling, and tread life. Not very loud when driving. Don't expect them to get you through the 'rough' stuff easily.

chevyx68

Tumble Bee
chevyx68's Reviews

01-08-2009, 12:31 PM
Price: $990.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: A decent all-around tire. Great for a DD with occasional off-roading. Almost no road noise.
Price includes mounting, balancing, old tire disposal, and valve stems for 5 wheels.

canyon47
canyon47's Reviews

12-28-2008, 11:38 PM
Price: $158.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Got the 31x10.5x15 and they are def a good tire. Took them out in the mountains of NEPA and was surprised with how well they did in the ice and snow. I recommend them and would purchase them again.

jhochst
jhochst's Reviews

12-14-2008, 09:00 PM
Price: $600.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: So for these are great. Look sharp. Went from stock 30's to 31's no rubbing.

abeshures

abeshures's Reviews

11-11-2008, 08:31 PM
Price: $530.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: 33x12.5x15 great AT tires. cant beat them there awesome. i had the mtr's but to loud for daily driver

bimmerjeeper
bimmerjeeper's Reviews

10-23-2008, 10:48 PM
Price: $140.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: avg mpg improved from 13.4 to 13.8 so far with these tires. And they're extremely quiet...........

MukYJ

Pronounced "Mucky J"
MukYJ's Reviews

10-07-2008, 07:18 PM
Price: $120.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Very happy with my SilentArmors. Very good in all conditions on road (wet, snow, ice) and quiet too. Good so far in dirt, gravel, and snow off-road. Haven't had them in a lot of mud yet. An excellent choice for an A/T tire.
Price paid is per tire.

Funk1974
Funk1974's Reviews

09-05-2008, 04:19 PM
Price: $110.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: They are quiet. They ride well. Good traction on gravel and dirt. A bit too much detail on the sidewalls.

matt240
matt240's Reviews

08-13-2008, 04:47 PM
Price: $160.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: So Far so good had one side wall hole but hit hard... about 400miles on them

knate24
knate24's Reviews

08-11-2008, 04:17 PM
Price: $215.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: One of the best, no, the best tires I have ever owned. I ran flat going 70+mph on the highway and all I felt was a little drag. I was able to continue for 1-2 miles until I could see that it was flat, but totally intact, so I saved my rim

Moose55
Moose55's Reviews

07-13-2008, 08:49 AM
Price: $180.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Nice tire! Quiet and looks good. Nice deep tread for off road. I hope it wears as good as it looks.

xeneau
xeneau's Reviews

07-10-2008, 09:47 PM
Price: $650.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great street tire (TireRack.com reviews are a BIG help). Not bad in a really muddy farm field either. I
picked them by deciding I was 90% on
pavement and 10% not.

Landslide

Landslide's Reviews

06-13-2008, 01:00 AM
Price: $600.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: quiet ride tough long lasting not too expensive comfortable ride takes bumps well

tsconver

tsconver's Reviews

04-10-2008, 09:27 PM
Price: $150.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Love them

renne2k
renne2k's Reviews

04-01-2008, 08:45 PM
Price: $165.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Very good performance both on and off road!

drew76
drew76's Reviews

03-26-2008, 08:56 AM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: 31 x 10.50 Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armors. Great traction for on road, dry dirt, and lite rock crawling. Need Mud Terrains for any real mud!

GADave

GADave's Reviews

03-24-2008, 04:37 PM
Pros: Ride & Handling
Cons: Don't see any
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Replaced some factory Rubicon Wrangler MT/R's which I couldn't stand. Got these SilentArmor's for $100 less (for 4) than I could have gotten the same size BFG AT's. I'm super impressed with these tires! I have 32" (265-75-16) in "C" load rating. The ride is soft and quiet. On-road traction is fantastic. Off-road I don't have to worry about getting stuck. I'm not a mud-bogger or serious rock-crawler, I just go over whatever I need to get over to get to a hunting spot. Sometimes there's mud, sometimes there's rock, these tires have crossed everything I've put them after without even spinning. I've since ridden in a buddy's jeep with BFG AT/KO's and I'd never trade him for my SilentArmors. These tires fit me perfectly and I'd buy another set in a heartbeat.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4 > Last »