Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Tires & Wheels > Tires > Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Tires Next Product

Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $990.00
Average Price: $342.37
Manufacturer: Goodyear
Recommended?
Yes: 66 / No: 5

Wrangler Silent Armor is Goodyear's newest truck tire for both on- and off-road driving and is designed to complement your truck by providing rugged toughness, while delivering a smooth and quiet ride. Not only is this tire tough enough to get the job done, it's built to do it quietly. Premium on-/-off-road tire that helps deliver great traction and ruggedness. This tire emulates the hard-working capability of your truck, providing strength and toughness, as well as a smooth, quite ride.

Not every Wrangler gets to wear the SilentArmor Technology shield. The key to SilentArmor Technology lies just beneath the tread. Two high-tensile steel belts and a layer made with KEVLAR®, a material that's, pound for pound, five times stronger than steel, helps to give this tire its toughness.

The same layer made with KEVLAR® also acts as a barrier to help absorb road noise for a smooth, quiet, comfortable ride.

Goodyear Silent Armor Website

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 > Last »

chilliwangler

Home Garage Apprentice
chilliwangler's Reviews
04-23-2014, 12:57 PM
Price: $199.49
Pros: Quiet Good traction in snow and mud Clean out Great in rain
Cons: None so far.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Bought these tires after running BFG's for years. Still using stock size 225/75R16on the original rims for now. Great tire for all around driving and light wheeling.

Tigersan

Tigersan's Reviews
03-02-2014, 12:21 AM
Price: $850.00
Pros: They look awesome, they have a kevlar layer,and they drive silently even tho they have a pretty thick tread.
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Awesome tires,

SargeTheWK
SargeTheWK's Reviews
11-29-2013, 08:35 PM
Price: $200.00
Pros: Grip in wet, snow, rocks, sand.
Cons: It's a compromise tire and it's been discontinued.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I love these tires. I doubt you'll be able to find them though since they've been discontinued.

sconnell
sconnell's Reviews
11-13-2013, 10:53 AM
Pros: Nice quiet tire
Cons: Not good in alot of water
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Nice tire if you want quiet. Could be better for off-road.

SilverKitten
SilverKitten's Reviews
08-23-2013, 07:51 PM
Price: $190.00
Pros: Great in all weather conditions, highway and off-roading.
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great in all weather conditions: In rain and snow I have zero traction issues while others around my are sliding all over.
Off-roading: These tires grip really well, with a basically stock Jeep, they get me over obstacles other Jeeps have problems with.
Love these tires, would highly recommend.

jeepgord
jeepgord's Reviews

06-09-2013, 10:50 PM
Pros: None
Cons: Horrible traction and rough ride.
Recommended? No

Comments: Bought these about 9 months ago (for my 2010 Sahara) after research on the web said they were great. I live near Edmonton, Alberta so winter is rough. For a time during last winter I thought my 4WD failed but after testing I realized it didn't, it was the tires. They also hydroplane easily in the rain as I've learned this spring. I don't off-road unless you take into account our winter ravaged roads are in effect "off road" driving for those in warmer climates. I keep checking the tread wear hoping to finally be able to convince myself it's time for new tires. The stock Bridgestones made me much more confident. I see most are happy with these tires which is why I bought them but for me they have been a horrible investment. So much so that I doubt I will ever buy a Goodyear tire again. I'm 52 and was willing (and did) pay a premium for a safer tire but it didn't work out for me. That's my experience.

jeepwj1113
jeepwj1113's Reviews
06-04-2013, 01:08 AM
Pros: Good traction on dry and wet pavement, dirt, gravel. Aggressive look. Good tire ware.
Cons: Poor mud traction
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Extremely good tires for the price other than mud traction, but what can I say, they're only A/Ts.

JeepJeepImABeep
JeepJeepImABeep's Reviews
03-06-2013, 11:05 PM
Pros: Quiet, amazing traction, not bumpy ride, 31" does not rub on stock TJ, white lettering,
Cons: not quite as aggressive looking as duratrac or a mud tire
Recommended? Yes

Comments: happy with it.

jrobb913
jrobb913's Reviews
11-06-2012, 01:31 PM
Price: $175.00
Pros: good street tire, good for winter ie. ice and light snow
Cons: horrible in mud or wet grass,
Recommended? Yes

Comments: tires are pretty good on ice and light snow, as soon as you get into and snow deeper then 6 inches there horrible, in mud there garbage because there a street tire and they get caked up instantly and theres no lugs to grab the mud with. there good on pavement and in wet conditions

ramthis426

ramthis426's Reviews
10-28-2012, 08:34 PM
Pros: great looking tire strong side wall
Cons: none yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: i got these tires used from a friend with about 10/32 tread left,they have balanced well and have great traction in the ran and on road ,ive yet to test them out on real dirt or the snow but so far i like them alot

Shartie
Shartie's Reviews
05-03-2012, 02:11 PM
Price: $1.00
Pros: Great tire for on and off road
Cons: nothing
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I like this tire cause it is good for driving to work and also on the trail

jeeped96
jeeped96's Reviews
03-22-2012, 09:02 PM
Price: $347.00
Pros: reliability,strength,no road noise, very sure footed,
Cons: price is high
Recommended? Yes

Comments: i love these tires, they have been on my jeep for 2 years now thru a complete mix of terrain and weather, ive never had an issue with leaks or punctures, regularly have my nitrogen level in them checked but its never low, the road noise from these very solid tire is non exsistant with very even wear. 51k on mine so far and still have a tread depth of 11. so when you weigh all the pros the price is very worthwhile on these tires.

jeeped96
jeeped96's Reviews
03-22-2012, 08:51 PM
Price: $247.00
Pros: very sturdy and quiet tire with amazing capability
Cons: price is a lil astronomical
Recommended? Yes

Comments: love these tires, have had them for 2 years and have put 50k on them with even tons of offroading in creeks, snow, trails, ice, have never had a puncture at all shockingly, all of this and my tread depth is still reading an 11. very relaible tire but the price is a little bit of a set back but after i bought them and have went so far and havent even had to adjust the nitrogen in them im very pleased to have bought them.

Viper723
Viper723's Reviews
08-18-2011, 07:24 PM
Price: $450.00
Pros: great all around tire. quiet on road, floats well in sand.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I absolutely love these tires for the time I have had them. could just be because its my first set of 33's, but they feel good to me.

arsenault397
arsenault397's Reviews
08-04-2011, 07:42 PM
Price: $900.00
Pros: they are good in snow
Cons: not good for mud and fountain tire ripped me off
Recommended? No

Comments: other then getting ripped off on the price they drive well good for daily driving but not agressive enough if you like to play in the mud .

CABT
CABT's Reviews
07-19-2011, 10:49 AM
Price: $148.00
Pros: great traction and low noise
Cons: a little loose in the rain.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: 31x10.5

84foxgt
84foxgt's Reviews
06-26-2011, 12:09 AM
Price: $1.00
Pros: absolute kick ass tire
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I wish they made these for every car. I'd put them on my wife's caravan in a second!!

wmphoto
wmphoto's Reviews
01-31-2011, 12:39 PM
Price: $150.00
Pros: Good all condition traction, snow, rain, dry, rock, mud... It sticks pretty good everywhere...
Cons: A bit heavier that what I would like... and I couldn't find any 33"x 10"x 17... oh well...
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I've put around 10,000 miles on them so far, Had them in snow, mud, rain, and on dry pavement... They have worn evenly, have very little road noise, and I like the more aggressive looking tread than the stock...

Gfox33
Gfox33's Reviews
12-12-2010, 06:42 PM
Price: $120.00
Pros: ok in dry weather
Cons: As soon as you hit even mildly wet roads, you lose all traction. I slide everywhere with these. I cant wait to change them. Ive only had them for 4000 miles.
Recommended? No

Comments: Terrible tires. I slide everywhere with these. I cant wait to change them. Ive only had them for 4000 miles!

billzcat1
Chicken in a Turkey Suit
billzcat1's Reviews

11-08-2010, 09:54 PM
Price: $676.00
Pros: Good ride, good handling, great traction, low noise, Mountain/Snowflake rated, good sizing availability, Free Roadside Assistance!
Cons: Mud traction
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I bought the Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor to replace the stock Wrangler SR-A which were TERRIBLE. Overall I am very happy with these tires! I was really looking for Duratracs, but the sizing on Duratracs did not accommodate my need for stock-ish sized tires.

First: they look the part. These look like actual truck tires. I see so many Jeeps rolling around on tires that belong on a Minivan. They are aggressive enough to take notice.

Second: they are pretty quiet. Not the quietest A/T out there, but very good. Firestone Destination A/T is quieter but less aggressive and less traction.

Third: Ride quality is very good. I prefer a firm, controlled ride and these sidewalls are firm without being stiff. No problems when at full pressure and hitting road imperfections/potholes. Also, when aired down they feel much more controlled than my Firestones (on my other Jeep).

Fourth: Mountain/Snowflake rated. They are rated for Severe Snow Usage which is based on actual testing, not just a void ratio like the Mud & Snow rating. I haven't had the chance to get on snow yet, but everyone says they work great. Also, whenever the passes are "traction tire required" the Mountain/Snowflake rated tires are allowed when touring/all-seasons are not. In WA, if you have Mountain/Snowflake and 4WD, the State Patrol will let you climb the passes when they are "chains required". This makes the Wrangler Silent Armor a true "all-season all-terrain" because of their exceptional snow performance.

Fifth: traction! With my previous tires and the 4.7HO motor, I could do 4WD burnouts in the rain. Now it just grips and goes! Off-road they work great on everything but mud. They just aren't aggressive enough for that, but I've never been a fan of mud anyway. Great on rock, loose rubble, dirt. As mentioned before, controlled ride when aired down and durable tread/sidewalls with Kevlar reinforcing layer.

Lastly: value. They are rated at 50,000 mile warranty, come with free roadside assistance, and also have free off-road assistance as well. Goodyear will grant you one free winch-out with the SilentArmors which they don't do with any other tires. Add in the $100 Rebate for TreadLightly members, and all of a sudden these mid-priced tires give you tons of performance and tons of value to go with it.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 > Last »