Recommended Yes: 14 / No: 9

Cheaper than AT/S but just as good.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Price $600
Rating 3
Recommended yes

Comments: Great tread for a cheaper price than AT/S. Eats up the gas on the interstate though. I'm not afraid to drive through puddles at high speed anymore. :-D

#5 ·
Rating 2
Pros good on road, handles good on wet roads
Cons blew out two tires because of weak sidewalls (off road)
Recommended no

Comments: can't wait to get them off my jeep, there a street tire and thats all there good for if you drive your jeep like a jeep you do not want these tires

#6 ·
Rating 1
Pros Long life? (50K miles)
Cons Slippery when wet. Hazard to life and limb. Spin on anything but dry pavement. Useless offroad.
Recommended no

Comments: GSA stands for Get Stuck Anywhere!

Mind you, I have the original tires on nearing 50K miles. They have less then 1/4" tread left.

I'm scared to go wheeling right now (until new tires) because, being open at both ends, i've gotten stuck in my driveway in the snow (IN 4WD NO LESS!)

I'm not sure how these tires perform new, but i'm betting they still suck.

On the plus side, i guess the P.O. did get pretty good wear out of them. (i've only put 4thou. KM on them so far in a year)

#7 ·
Rating 1
Pros It comes with a new Jeep
Cons Noisy, lousy wet traction.
Recommended no

Comments: Get rid of them as fast as you can. Almost anything is an improvement.

#9 ·
Rating 4
Recommended yes

Comments: These tires were on the Jeep when I got it last Christmas. They're pretty nice; get the job done ferrying me around to baseball and the beach. They're going to be put to their first test soon; I'm leaving for Hatteras in a few days, so we'll see how they are actually on the beach.

#12 ·
Price $400
Rating 2
Recommended no

Comments: Not a great tire, but it was on it when I got it. They are good for highway driving. But they blind quick offroad. I will be changing them out soon

#14 ·
Pros none
Cons EVERYTHING
Recommended no

Comments: My Jeep was equipped with these stock. They were HORRIBLE. Lousy on wet pavement, lousy on dry pavement, noisy as a BFG M/T without the benefits. Lousy pretty much all the way around. And they look worn out far before they are because of the wear bar around the circumference of the tire that shows at about the half life point.

I'd look at Toyo Open Country A/T s if I were looking for a good all terrain tire.

#15 ·
Price $210.99
Rating 4
Recommended yes

Comments: Price is per tire, size is 30x10.50x15. GS/As are stock for the '97 wrangler and fail to disappoint. Nearly full tread after 25k city use. Ridiculous in the snow and great on a dry surface. Horrible in rain and bad stopping power, skids even with ABS. Overall a tough and durable tire. Possibly replaced in the future by 33x10.50x15 Dick Cepek Crushers

#19 ·
Price $75
Rating 3
Recommended yes

Comments: Good tires, rock rash pretty easy though.......................................................

75char

#21 ·
Price $10
Rating 3
Pros Came with the Jeep so I didnt buy them
Cons Horrible tire in the rain, its scary. Horrible in mud, you wouldnt believe it, doesnt even look like I was stuck but it lost traction in mud very easily.
Recommended no

Comments: I hope to get them off ASAP and go for some all terrians

#24 ·
Price $175
Pros none
Cons none
Recommended yes

Comments: They are tires, they get the job done, plus they have a nice tread on them too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.