Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Tires & Wheels > Tires > goodyear mt/r

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wdRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

goodyear mt/r Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Tires Next Product

goodyear mt/r

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $1,300.00
Average Price: $490.27
Manufacturer: goodyear
Recommended?
Yes: 94 / No: 6

these tires have done me well. they stick like glue to the rocks in southern california. the side walls have held up well to the torment i have put them through. of the 20 plus runs through johnson valley i have damaged one tire. those trails will eat up a lesser tire in minutes.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

DaFuzz80
DaFuzz80's Reviews

07-14-2010, 04:25 PM
Price: $210.00
Pros: Great traction, aggressive looks, good durability in miles (never used on rocks), outstanding when aired down, best all around tire I've used!
Cons: LOUD!
Recommended? Yes

Comments: 35 12.5 15
Great Tires!

deaduncle
deaduncle's Reviews

06-13-2009, 01:28 PM
Price: $1,000.00
Pros: Nice bite for a MTR, Do all things Pretty well
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Hiking Boots for your Jeep!
Vehicle: 2006 Rubicon Unlimited 5000 lb. curb weight
Miles Driven: 50,000 two sets so far.
Street: Very quite for the aggressiveness of the tread pattern, only slightly noisier than AT's.
Rain: They grip very well with no hydroplaning.
Sand: When aired down properly, they float surprisingly well for the aggressiveness of the tread, but they are no dune tire by any means.
Mud: Bite very well, Need to keep they wheel speed up for tread to clean itself.
Rocks: Not yet tested.
Airing Down:I have aired these down to 10lbs on 33" with no bead breaks.
Wear: They wear very well if rotated at least every 3000 miles, 45,000 miles on four, with a not so great diligence in the rotating and still some tread left when changed out. Lack of rotating will cause cupping or feathering of the treads and increased road noise.
Noise:Mild to Moderate, Easy conversation at 70mph.
These tire have performed very well over the last 3yrs, from the downtown city streets and trails of the U.P. of Michigan to clay slick hills of Pennsylvania.
I have never had a flat or torn sidewall, yes I have buried it to the axles in the swamps and in the dunes.
These are the best do everything tires I have seen in my 25yrs as a Master mechanic.
If you tend to use your Jeep as a Giant Quad on the weekends and then drive it to work on Monday morning then these are the tires for you.

Ben_88Jeep
Vendor
Ben_88Jeep's Reviews

03-30-2009, 10:05 PM
goodyear mt/r
Price: $225.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Noisy on the road... they are slick in the rain so be careful! But great off road tire hasn't let me down to date. They also wear extremely well and a new set should last you a few years easy.

elpound

elpound's Reviews

03-26-2009, 01:57 PM
goodyear mt/r
Price: $1,050.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This is my second set of goodyears. I think they do just fine. These are 33". I got a good deal on 5 at the dealer

oldingo03
oldingo03's Reviews

03-07-2009, 05:18 PM
goodyear mt/r
Price: $980.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I had these tires on the rims when i bought them from a friend of mine and even when they were worn down they gripped great on the rocks so i went out and got a new set and they are even better brand new.

mexdealer
mexdealer's Reviews

03-06-2009, 08:54 AM
goodyear mt/r
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Noisy as hell! Make sure you have enough coverage on them flares or mud will sling all over your ride.

TJandMe

TJandMe's Reviews

02-28-2009, 05:35 PM
goodyear mt/r
Price: $350.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great on street and mud. Even has side biters. Can be a bit loud at high speeds but hey, it's a Jeep thing!

chelseam0rgan
chelseam0rgan's Reviews

01-22-2009, 08:15 PM
goodyear mt/r
Recommended? Yes

Comments: these tires are rad, they handle really well in in mud and rain, haven't have the pleasure of doing any hard offroading yet, but so far i love em.

pinguino50
pinguino50's Reviews

01-20-2009, 09:16 AM
goodyear mt/r
Price: $780.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Are not that noisy ! and hold excellent on the highway; on 4" lift I have to trim some.

SlinkyTJ

This space for rent.
SlinkyTJ's Reviews

01-15-2009, 03:51 PM
goodyear mt/r
Price: $200.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I've had 3 sets of these now and they are a great all around tire. They tend to pack up in the mud, but perform great everyplace else including on the street. They are a very tough tire and are still holding air even with some nice sidewall cuts on mine.

stjjames
stjjames's Reviews

12-25-2008, 01:52 PM
goodyear mt/r
Price: $150.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I'm back to these again. They sem to be a staple for a rig that spends much of its on road - though I will likely jump ship to a set of interco's in a 16.5 rim diameter for my forthcoming wheel build.

joesindifferenc
joesindifferenc's Reviews

12-13-2008, 05:21 PM
goodyear mt/r
Price: $220.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: only Problem i had were that one of em required a ton of weights for balancing. not really made too well.

Muddy One
Muddy One's Reviews

11-04-2008, 09:14 AM
goodyear mt/r
Price: $185.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I was skeptical when I got them because I heard they were soft and wore fast. I have 25,000 + road miles and a lot of trail miles and they still have 60% tread. Just keep them rotated and they are great on the rocks!!!!!

JeepTales
JeepTales's Reviews

10-01-2008, 11:26 PM
goodyear mt/r
Price: $1,300.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great tire much better than the OEM BFGs I killed in my first outing to Llano.

Superwheelin97

Superwheelin97's Reviews

09-28-2008, 02:05 PM
goodyear mt/r
Price: $850.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: great tire in the mud sand and snow havent had a problem with them at all would deffently recomend them to anyone

atthemattin
atthemattin's Reviews

09-12-2008, 11:36 PM
goodyear mt/r
Price: $700.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: off road they work geat, on the road they have some problems. in the rain your back end wants to kick out a little more. but the biggest problem is the sound. they just scream to the point were its hard to think

TYrannosaurus13

TYrannosaurus13's Reviews

09-11-2008, 11:21 PM
goodyear mt/r
Pros: Great look, tread pattern, and add style to any jeep
Recommended? Yes

Comments: just got them and they look amazing. have driven in much rain and wet roads and no problems so far.

Gravesdiggerxj
Gravesdiggerxj's Reviews

08-05-2008, 03:58 PM
goodyear mt/r
Price: $600.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This is the 3rd set of MTR's I've had:
they work well on road and off
32's and 2 sets of 35's: I love'm

CJ5_Fan

CJ5_Fan's Reviews

08-04-2008, 11:35 AM
goodyear mt/r
Price: $750.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Way nicer than the other tires out there for the same price. Sounds like a mud tire on the road though so dont get them if you dont like the wheel whine.

Thunderstrike

Web Wheeler
Thunderstrike's Reviews

06-21-2008, 09:22 PM
goodyear mt/r
Price: $165.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I paid 165$ plus tax from Sams Club, $10 for balancing, mounting and road hazard per tire. MT/R gives me good traction on wet and dry road, rocks and sands. They hold balacing better than my previous Goodyear GSA tires. Yes it has the whinning loud noise at 50mph, but it's something one gets used to quick and the tire noise mellows at once you reach 65 and higher speed. I've been stepping on sharp rocks in Ouray and Moab and I would not trust any other tires.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »