Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Tires & Wheels > Tires > Goodyear Duratrac

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Goodyear Duratrac Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Tires Next Product

Goodyear Duratrac

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $146.00
Average Price: $466.37
Manufacturer: Goodyear
Recommended?
Yes: 191 / No: 4
Company Website: http://goodyear.com

The Wrangler DuraTrac is Goodyear's Commercial Traction light truck tire developed for the drivers of multi-purpose, full-sized pickup trucks and sport utility vehicles looking for tires that play hard and work harder. The Wrangler DuraTrac is designed to be a versatile tire offering off-road competence in dirt, gravel and mud with on-road composure in dry, wet and winter conditions.

Wrangler DuraTrac tires feature a rugged tread compound that helps resist tread block chipping, chunking and tearing, especially during heavy loading and towing applications. Its symmetric tread design combines large shoulders and highly angled center tread blocks to enhance stability and traction in dry and wet conditions. Self-cleaning, stepped shoulder blocks, zigzag sipes and Goodyear's TractiveGroove Technology at the base of the circumferential grooves provide thousands of biting edges to enhance traction in deep mud and snow. Wrangler DuraTrac tires feature a rim lock that helps prevent wheel slip throughout the life of the tire and offers a built-in rim protector to help protect wheels from accidental damage on- and off-road.

Wrangler DuraTrac light truck tires are branded with the mountain/snowflake symbol to identify they meet industry severe snow service standards. Wrangler DuraTrac tires are designed to accept optional #16 metal studs to enhance ice traction.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 9 of 10 < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »

skinton
skinton's Reviews
09-15-2010, 10:22 PM
Price: $200.00
Pros: look great, not too noisy, work off road
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Size: 31x10.50x15

I got these in the spring. My TJ is a daily driver that rarely makes it off road. I wanted something with an aggressive look but good road manner. I think I found it. Previously had the 30x9.50x15 Goodyear GS-A (the OEM tire), 31x10.50x15 BFG AT, and 33x10.5x15 BFG AT.

I like them better than any of the previous tires. They are a little louder than past tires, but nothing loud enough to be distracting over the noise of the soft top.

looking forward to getting them in the snow.

Spikex

Spikex's Reviews
09-13-2010, 05:37 PM
Price: $144.00
Pros: Great tire, grips like a squirrel.
Cons: Wear on road pretty quick, soft compound great for offroad not so good for highway driving.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This is an awesome tire. I did not have any issues with the driveability of this tire on or offroad. I read alot of people saying they swayed on the highway or would roll the sidewall on curves, I just think those people dont know how to drive. The only complaint I have is that they are a little softer then my BFGW ATs so they dont last as long on highway use. It could be the tread pattern is a little more aggressive, I dont see myself changing to a new tire anytime soon, ill just grab 4 more of these bad boys when the time comes.

JeeperZJ
JeeperZJ's Reviews
08-30-2010, 12:53 AM
Price: $160.00
Pros: Quiet on road. Great look. Great performance.
Cons: The size I got was a 10 ply which is harder than I'd like. Other than that, none so far.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I just got them so I don't know how they wear yet. But so far they have been great! Quieter than expected on the road! Aggressive look and performance! Get them!

wrangler1977
wrangler1977's Reviews

08-26-2010, 12:49 AM
Price: $810.00
Pros: Good price Good looks $810 for four tires installed
Cons: None
Recommended? No

Comments: Quiet, good in almost all terrain. Rides great! Put 2000 miles on them so far. Great tire. Mine are 33" tires

DesertPatrol
DesertPatrol's Reviews
08-25-2010, 08:21 AM
Price: $800.00
Pros: quiet,great in snow, mud, and rain
Cons: none for me
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I purchased these tire in March on 2010. First trip was a trip over the Cascade mountains from Salem to Bend Oregon. worked great. then spent the weekend in the mud and snow, all kinds of traction. Extra benefit is I went from loud MTR, to these which are 10x quieter.

gasapple
gasapple's Reviews

08-19-2010, 12:45 PM
Price: $155.00
Pros: Excellent performance and aggressive look. Decent cost. Quiet and great street handling. Not tested off-road yet.
Cons: None so far.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Excellent performance and aggressive look! Not at all like I pictured an all-terrain (as opposed to a mud tire). I didn't know what I was missing with my old BFG Mud Terrains. I like the way these handle and look MUCH better than the BFGs. Five, 33x12.5x15 mounted on ATX Chamber wheels.

I used TireRack (tons of research) and combined a TreadLightly discount for Goodyear tires -$25 for TreadLightly membership and a $100 rebate check from Goodyear (arrived quickly - net $75). I also used FatWallet and got another $50 back since TireRack was listed. Great experience and as everyone knows, TireRack is awesome (first time customer)!

Sawyer3224
Sawyer3224's Reviews
08-13-2010, 04:34 PM
Price: $123.00
Pros: Great look, handle great in rain, that's all i've experienced so far.
Cons: none.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great tire, looks incredible, rides smooth, little to none road noise.

jbrajko
jbrajko's Reviews
08-03-2010, 05:00 PM
Price: $189.00
Pros: Low noise at speeds, good all around tire
Cons: little pricey
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Some of the best looking tires for the price along with hardly any noise on at speeds. Have been good in all conditions with no complaints.

tommybio

tommybio's Reviews
08-03-2010, 01:06 PM
Price: $1.00
Pros: Looks good - mildly aggressive
Recommended? Yes

Comments: good quiet tire on road, great grip for 'part time' jeepers like me

InfernoGirl

InfernoGirl's Reviews
07-28-2010, 09:31 AM
Price: $762.00
Pros: Good looking, perform well, low noise
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great looking tires that perform well in all conditions, snow, rain, mud, dry... They have a slight hum on the road, but not loud. I love them.

Jason D

Jason D's Reviews
07-26-2010, 10:38 AM
Price: $160.00
Pros: Great in standing water at highway speeds. Cheaper than BFG AT's. More aggressive tread.
Cons: Thin Sidewall. Got a flat from a stick poking into the tread within a week of having them.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Best All-Terrain tire on the market IMO. Handles standing water at highway speeds SOOO much better than the BFG AT. Looks more aggressive than the BFG. Doesn't glog up like the BFG. Cheaper than the BFG AT's. I highly recomend these if you want a true All-Terrain tire.

Heartless
Heartless's Reviews
06-18-2010, 04:32 PM
Price: $1,000.00
Pros: Low noise, Great traction in crazy mud or normal mud, good traction on boulders the size of your head.
Cons: none found yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Seem good so far. Had Toyo Open Country A/T before. These have way more benefits; Traction on ice, traction on mud, more cush feel.

WJromper
WJromper's Reviews
06-08-2010, 04:23 PM
Price: $800.00
Pros: Very quiet, excellent on the pavement without sipping. Outstanding snow, mud and dirt behavior. Cleans out well at low speeds.
Cons: Soft sidewalls limit airing down options in sandy/loamy conditions.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Picked up one of the first local pairs of the new Dura Trac's on a gamble and a little research. Allot of smart thinking behind these tires.

Not as aggressive as their Kevlar reinforced cousins but these are very good "all-terrain" tires that I would happly stack agains most off the shelp mtr's like the old BFG's, Buckshots and even the ProComp's. (Not the Extremes...)

Fireman4X4

Fireman4X4's Reviews
05-18-2010, 07:11 PM
Price: $1,000.00
Pros: Absolutely great traction in snow/mud
Cons: Nothing
Recommended? Yes

Comments: These tires have been on now for about 500 miles, and they are by far the best tires I have ever purchased. Great traction in all conditions, and not near as loud at highway speed.

PolarBear83
PolarBear83's Reviews
05-03-2010, 10:31 PM
Price: $125.00
Pros: Everything, wife works for goodyear
Cons: Nothing
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Based on goodyear engineers the duratracs are the best offering for jeeps in a DD environment. The engineers have recomended this to my wife and I based on limited offroading but wanting an agressive look. I will post additional information once I get some miles on them

Darp
Darp's Reviews

04-02-2010, 10:56 PM
Price: $179.00
Pros: Look great, are truly quiet, have mudder like lugs
Cons: Maybe weight, but I sorta like that.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I will rate it again with more miles. 265x75x16 10Ply. I came here to see if the quietness lasts, seems it does from other reviews. I have 20 miles on them and am trimming my XJ to end rub.

The tire guy called them mudders, and I said AT, but he is right. They are quiet, but the big lugs outside, the big sidewall lugs, and the big voids between lugs and inner blocks it is just as aggressive as some mudders, but it is quiet at 70mph!

Since I have steel wheels and got 10 ply rated version, when driving it like the tires are the boss and there is this little irritant hitchhiking on the tires called a Cherokee. It feels glued to the road. You can feel the rotating mass.

It is a stiff tire with 10 ply rating, but like how it stiffened the ride, gives the Cherokee a sports car feel.

Great Sipping which may explain quietness.

stogner00XJ
stogner00XJ's Reviews
03-21-2010, 08:32 PM
Price: $130.00
Pros: excellent tread for on/off road useage. smooth ride, not to noisy (if tire humm bothers you) good pricing
Cons: havent had any yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: n/a

Bmel17

Bmel17's Reviews
03-08-2010, 03:57 PM
Price: $150.00
Pros: Price, designed for street,mud and snow!
Cons: For me none, they are louder than 30" but I don't care
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great deal! I have found the traction to be superb and the price is unbeatable!

RedneckJeep
RedneckJeep's Reviews

02-26-2010, 01:18 AM
Price: $850.00
Pros: 850 for five mounted and balanced. Almost zero road noise. Great traction dry and wet. Great mud traction. Awesome self cleaning.
Cons: Compound does seem soft, however I have almost 7K with almost unoticable wear.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Hybrid between M/T and A/T. Has M/T lugs with A/T center tread. Great service so far. Road noise almost non-existant. My advice for those who find them tough to balance, get your tire mounter to deflate the tire, break down the beads on both sides, lubricate the beads very well and spin the tire on the wheel 180 degrees. This offsets the heavy spots in the tire and wheel and they will balance much better. This is always more prevalant on heavier than stock tires.

Rjnol
Rjnol's Reviews
02-22-2010, 05:33 PM
Price: $180.00
Pros: Beefy AT look
Cons: none yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I had the choice betweet silent armor and duratracs. i looked at em side by side and the duratracs just looked better imo.

Page 9 of 10 < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »