Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Tires & Wheels > Tires > Goodyear Duratrac

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Warn, Smitybilt, Engo, Rugged Ridge Winches at CCOR

Goodyear Duratrac Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Tires Next Product

Goodyear Duratrac

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $146.00
Average Price: $465.07
Manufacturer: Goodyear
Recommended?
Yes: 192 / No: 4
Company Website: http://goodyear.com

The Wrangler DuraTrac is Goodyear's Commercial Traction light truck tire developed for the drivers of multi-purpose, full-sized pickup trucks and sport utility vehicles looking for tires that play hard and work harder. The Wrangler DuraTrac is designed to be a versatile tire offering off-road competence in dirt, gravel and mud with on-road composure in dry, wet and winter conditions.

Wrangler DuraTrac tires feature a rugged tread compound that helps resist tread block chipping, chunking and tearing, especially during heavy loading and towing applications. Its symmetric tread design combines large shoulders and highly angled center tread blocks to enhance stability and traction in dry and wet conditions. Self-cleaning, stepped shoulder blocks, zigzag sipes and Goodyear's TractiveGroove Technology at the base of the circumferential grooves provide thousands of biting edges to enhance traction in deep mud and snow. Wrangler DuraTrac tires feature a rim lock that helps prevent wheel slip throughout the life of the tire and offers a built-in rim protector to help protect wheels from accidental damage on- and off-road.

Wrangler DuraTrac light truck tires are branded with the mountain/snowflake symbol to identify they meet industry severe snow service standards. Wrangler DuraTrac tires are designed to accept optional #16 metal studs to enhance ice traction.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 8 of 10 < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »

Panktrid
Panktrid's Reviews
01-14-2011, 04:39 PM
Price: $145.00
Pros: Good traction on and off road
Cons: Wish they were 33's
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Good stuff for the price, these or BF/TAs. Need to type more apparently.

DesertPatrol
DesertPatrol's Reviews
01-02-2011, 11:53 AM
Price: $189.00
Pros: great grip in snow,mud and rain
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I bought these tires because of the extreme weather symbol, and I was just tired of hearing my MTR's hit the pavement. I have driven them in the snow, mud and, being in the Northwest, the rain they work great....

Akrobatiks

Akrobatiks's Reviews
12-28-2010, 05:29 PM
Price: $1,000.00
Pros: Great performance in snow!!!
Cons: none so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: These tires are sick in snowy conditions!!!! I have a set of 265/70/17's with a 4" RCX lift kit on my WJ. With a small amount of trimming these tires fit perfectly!!! I would recommend them to anyone that asks!!

Devonj17
Devonj17's Reviews
12-24-2010, 04:01 PM
Price: $800.00
Pros: great price and look bad a$$
Cons: none so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: found these on treadepot.com and were the best price by far got 5 31's for 800 bucks to my door. these tires look great. and they dont hum to bad

chinogoose
chinogoose's Reviews
12-24-2010, 06:26 AM
Price: $800.00
Pros: Great Tires
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I got these tires cause i deal with lot's of black ice and so far they have been great on the ice.

JeepSahara2001
JeepSahara2001's Reviews
12-12-2010, 03:46 PM
Price: $145.00
Pros: Cheap, wear great, stiff sidewall so they don't lean in corners, low road noise, good in snow, ice and dirt.
Cons: Ride a little rough, good in mud but not great, not enough flex on rocks.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: My pros and cons say it all. I love them and they have worked great on my jeep.

TJSAILOR3385
TJSAILOR3385's Reviews
12-06-2010, 05:33 PM
Price: $154.00
Pros: So far I like these tires, aggressive tread without the noise
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I went with the 31x10.50x15 on my stock TJ, i've only had them for a few miles but so far so good!

kevserpa77
kevserpa77's Reviews
12-03-2010, 11:02 PM
Price: $750.00
Pros: Best tires for DD and $
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The best tires i've ever owened.

famousstar1026

famousstar1026's Reviews
12-01-2010, 07:02 AM
Price: $177.00
Pros: cheap beefy quiet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: best tires ive owned so far

O311YJ
O311YJ's Reviews
11-30-2010, 09:40 PM
Price: $740.00
Pros: Amazing traction.
Cons: $$$
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great looking tire, put it on my otherwise stock 95 wrangler. AMAZING, little bit of rub on the front fender but not bad. Highly recommend this product.

JustJoeyK138
JustJoeyK138's Reviews
11-16-2010, 04:24 PM
Price: $220.00
Pros: Very tough and aggressive
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Love these tires. have run BFG's in the past but, these top them hand down
Size: LT265 75 R16

richmcclendon
richmcclendon's Reviews
11-11-2010, 09:30 PM
Price: $1.00
Pros: 
Cons: 
Recommended? Yes

Comments:

94yj03wj
94yj03wj's Reviews
11-10-2010, 04:06 PM
Price: $175.00
Pros: Good Price for the type of tire.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I am running these on my WJ for about 5,000 miles now and i have to say i am very pleased with them. I went with them since I liked the tread design and were the only tire I could find in load range C in the size 265/75/R16.They ride smooth for a tire that is a cross between an all-terrain and mud-terrain. I have seen no noticable treadwear yet and am hoping that they last me for at least 30,000. They have a slight hum when traveling above 40 mph but that is only barely noticable with the window down but then again anything would seem quiet to me since I run TSL's on my YJ. All in all they are a great tire and provide great traction in the mud along with having good road manners. I wish i could tell you about the traction on the rocks and in the sand but I haven't been able to do much wheeling lately.

98TJ25l
98TJ25l's Reviews
11-07-2010, 11:25 PM
Price: $153.00
Pros: Great traction Rated as Snow Tire Looks Bad @ss
Cons: Non so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Gotta love these Duratracs (235/75R15), they replaced a set of Wrangler RT/S. It was a night and day difference. The RT/S's would tend to break loose as soon as the pavement got wet. The Duratracs however, you can actually feel them gripping the pavement. I had them mounted on a road force machine, and they run smooth as glass. I'm sure they have a bit more noise, but with the rag top I don't hear it. Plus being rated as a snow tire, it means I only need one set of tires/wheels. I'll update once I take them through a cleveland winter.

heitbrink
heitbrink's Reviews
10-26-2010, 08:28 PM
Price: $150.00
Pros: AT/MT cross breed tire, very quite on road, Shoulder lug clear great in normal mud.
Cons: shoulder lugs clear at about 15 mph in deep mud.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: If you are looking for tires for a daily driver/ trail rig, these tires are what your looking for a wheel them an weekly. On the rocks and in the mud they have done great. Deep mud the shoulder MT lugs clear at 15, but the center AT tread clears around 20. My are 245/75/r16 (30.5X10.5)

TheRover
TheRover's Reviews
10-17-2010, 02:04 PM
Price: $183.00
Pros: Quiet, some humming around 40mph though. Good hydroplaning resistance. Good in mud, not sure about rocks. Look good.
Cons: None so far, they're much better than the BFG AT's.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great tire, very quiet for such an aggressive tread. There is some humming around 40 mph, but not a lot. The side lugs work well in mud, they've pulled me out of some mud more than once. The tires do well when hitting puddles as well.

RKOTAREK
RKOTAREK's Reviews
10-14-2010, 01:23 AM
Pros: It is very quiet going down the street. It has agressive tread. Doesn't have any rattling from the tread going down the road
Cons: None besides price haha
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have had these tireless a short time but so far I am impressed they are smooth and quiet going down the raid but they are good in sand/ mud have yet to try them in snow but I think they will do great

Spoonz
Spoonz's Reviews
10-10-2010, 10:11 PM
Price: $140.00
Pros: Not a single problem handling snow, mud, sand, standing water, rocks, or even streets so far
Cons: Nope not yet.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: They absolutely dominated in the snow we got down here last year. I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a do it all tire. Had no problems in Uwharrie, no problems on the beach, no problems with standing water on the highway at 65. 9 months in and I honestly don't have a single bad thing to say about them.

Gruneun
Gruneun's Reviews
09-28-2010, 01:04 PM
Pros: Great all-around, on/off-road tire
Cons: None, yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This review is subject to change as I observe wear, but I picked up a set of five 33"x12.5" DuraTracs and I've been extremely pleased, so far. The tires have a slightly louder whine on the highway than previous tires, but I attribute this to the greater width rather than the compound. This TJ is both my daily driver and my weekend fun, so I needed some tires that would work anywhere. Even considering the pre-lift days, I've never, ever felt so planted on a slick highway than I do with these. I can't wait to really test them in the mud, snow, and rocks. Price stated is from TireRack, shipped, but did not include mounting and balancing.

Jeeparn
Jeeparn's Reviews
09-19-2010, 07:34 PM
Price: $199.00
Pros: Great ride, aggressive tread pattern, great traction
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Switched from MT MTX's and couldn't be happier. This tires are awesome and are worth every penny. I was looking for a good street ride along with a tire that had an aggressive look. I ordered Bridgestone Revo's but it was going to be 90 days before they would be in (i guess Bridgestone stopped prodution for a while.) anyway glad they did and I'm glad I came across these Duratracs. At first I thought they were too agressive as I do 90% on road with my Jeep. But even after just one weekend with these tires, I'm in love. Even my wife could tell a difference in the ride quality. very (and i mean very) little road hum great manners, can't wait to see how they do in the snow. If other reviews are an indicator, I think I'll be just as happy. Don't think I'll be getting any other tire, these are perfect.

Page 8 of 10 < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »