Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Tires & Wheels > Tires > Goodyear Duratrac

Attention to the TJ owners 1996-2006 NEW LED LIGHT OPTIONSBaseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiBushed Sleeves & Poly Bushings!

Goodyear Duratrac Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Tires Next Product

Goodyear Duratrac

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $146.00
Average Price: $454.89
Manufacturer: Goodyear
Recommended?
Yes: 180 / No: 4
Company Website: http://goodyear.com

The Wrangler DuraTrac is Goodyear's Commercial Traction light truck tire developed for the drivers of multi-purpose, full-sized pickup trucks and sport utility vehicles looking for tires that play hard and work harder. The Wrangler DuraTrac is designed to be a versatile tire offering off-road competence in dirt, gravel and mud with on-road composure in dry, wet and winter conditions.

Wrangler DuraTrac tires feature a rugged tread compound that helps resist tread block chipping, chunking and tearing, especially during heavy loading and towing applications. Its symmetric tread design combines large shoulders and highly angled center tread blocks to enhance stability and traction in dry and wet conditions. Self-cleaning, stepped shoulder blocks, zigzag sipes and Goodyear's TractiveGroove Technology at the base of the circumferential grooves provide thousands of biting edges to enhance traction in deep mud and snow. Wrangler DuraTrac tires feature a rim lock that helps prevent wheel slip throughout the life of the tire and offers a built-in rim protector to help protect wheels from accidental damage on- and off-road.

Wrangler DuraTrac light truck tires are branded with the mountain/snowflake symbol to identify they meet industry severe snow service standards. Wrangler DuraTrac tires are designed to accept optional #16 metal studs to enhance ice traction.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 8 of 10 < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 > Last

94yj03wj
94yj03wj's Reviews
11-10-2010, 04:06 PM
Price: $175.00
Pros: Good Price for the type of tire.
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I am running these on my WJ for about 5,000 miles now and i have to say i am very pleased with them. I went with them since I liked the tread design and were the only tire I could find in load range C in the size 265/75/R16.They ride smooth for a tire that is a cross between an all-terrain and mud-terrain. I have seen no noticable treadwear yet and am hoping that they last me for at least 30,000. They have a slight hum when traveling above 40 mph but that is only barely noticable with the window down but then again anything would seem quiet to me since I run TSL's on my YJ. All in all they are a great tire and provide great traction in the mud along with having good road manners. I wish i could tell you about the traction on the rocks and in the sand but I haven't been able to do much wheeling lately.

98TJ25l
98TJ25l's Reviews
11-07-2010, 11:25 PM
Price: $153.00
Pros: Great traction Rated as Snow Tire Looks Bad @ss
Cons: Non so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Gotta love these Duratracs (235/75R15), they replaced a set of Wrangler RT/S. It was a night and day difference. The RT/S's would tend to break loose as soon as the pavement got wet. The Duratracs however, you can actually feel them gripping the pavement. I had them mounted on a road force machine, and they run smooth as glass. I'm sure they have a bit more noise, but with the rag top I don't hear it. Plus being rated as a snow tire, it means I only need one set of tires/wheels. I'll update once I take them through a cleveland winter.

heitbrink
heitbrink's Reviews
10-26-2010, 08:28 PM
Price: $150.00
Pros: AT/MT cross breed tire, very quite on road, Shoulder lug clear great in normal mud.
Cons: shoulder lugs clear at about 15 mph in deep mud.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: If you are looking for tires for a daily driver/ trail rig, these tires are what your looking for a wheel them an weekly. On the rocks and in the mud they have done great. Deep mud the shoulder MT lugs clear at 15, but the center AT tread clears around 20. My are 245/75/r16 (30.5X10.5)

TheRover
TheRover's Reviews
10-17-2010, 02:04 PM
Price: $183.00
Pros: Quiet, some humming around 40mph though. Good hydroplaning resistance. Good in mud, not sure about rocks. Look good.
Cons: None so far, they're much better than the BFG AT's.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great tire, very quiet for such an aggressive tread. There is some humming around 40 mph, but not a lot. The side lugs work well in mud, they've pulled me out of some mud more than once. The tires do well when hitting puddles as well.

RKOTAREK
RKOTAREK's Reviews
10-14-2010, 01:23 AM
Pros: It is very quiet going down the street. It has agressive tread. Doesn't have any rattling from the tread going down the road
Cons: None besides price haha
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have had these tireless a short time but so far I am impressed they are smooth and quiet going down the raid but they are good in sand/ mud have yet to try them in snow but I think they will do great

Spoonz
Spoonz's Reviews
10-10-2010, 10:11 PM
Price: $140.00
Pros: Not a single problem handling snow, mud, sand, standing water, rocks, or even streets so far
Cons: Nope not yet.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: They absolutely dominated in the snow we got down here last year. I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a do it all tire. Had no problems in Uwharrie, no problems on the beach, no problems with standing water on the highway at 65. 9 months in and I honestly don't have a single bad thing to say about them.

Gruneun
Gruneun's Reviews
09-28-2010, 01:04 PM
Pros: Great all-around, on/off-road tire
Cons: None, yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This review is subject to change as I observe wear, but I picked up a set of five 33"x12.5" DuraTracs and I've been extremely pleased, so far. The tires have a slightly louder whine on the highway than previous tires, but I attribute this to the greater width rather than the compound. This TJ is both my daily driver and my weekend fun, so I needed some tires that would work anywhere. Even considering the pre-lift days, I've never, ever felt so planted on a slick highway than I do with these. I can't wait to really test them in the mud, snow, and rocks. Price stated is from TireRack, shipped, but did not include mounting and balancing.

Jeeparn
Jeeparn's Reviews
09-19-2010, 07:34 PM
Price: $199.00
Pros: Great ride, aggressive tread pattern, great traction
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Switched from MT MTX's and couldn't be happier. This tires are awesome and are worth every penny. I was looking for a good street ride along with a tire that had an aggressive look. I ordered Bridgestone Revo's but it was going to be 90 days before they would be in (i guess Bridgestone stopped prodution for a while.) anyway glad they did and I'm glad I came across these Duratracs. At first I thought they were too agressive as I do 90% on road with my Jeep. But even after just one weekend with these tires, I'm in love. Even my wife could tell a difference in the ride quality. very (and i mean very) little road hum great manners, can't wait to see how they do in the snow. If other reviews are an indicator, I think I'll be just as happy. Don't think I'll be getting any other tire, these are perfect.

waynes88
waynes88's Reviews
09-17-2010, 01:06 AM
Price: $1,100.00
Pros: Great Tire Looks bigger then most normal 31's
Cons: Nothing i can see yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I got a set of them on the stock rims and the look great much better the stock pizza cutter tires They do look larger then most 31's and wear has been great so far

skinton
skinton's Reviews
09-15-2010, 10:22 PM
Price: $200.00
Pros: look great, not too noisy, work off road
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Size: 31x10.50x15

I got these in the spring. My TJ is a daily driver that rarely makes it off road. I wanted something with an aggressive look but good road manner. I think I found it. Previously had the 30x9.50x15 Goodyear GS-A (the OEM tire), 31x10.50x15 BFG AT, and 33x10.5x15 BFG AT.

I like them better than any of the previous tires. They are a little louder than past tires, but nothing loud enough to be distracting over the noise of the soft top.

looking forward to getting them in the snow.

Spikex

Spikex's Reviews
09-13-2010, 05:37 PM
Price: $144.00
Pros: Great tire, grips like a squirrel.
Cons: Wear on road pretty quick, soft compound great for offroad not so good for highway driving.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This is an awesome tire. I did not have any issues with the driveability of this tire on or offroad. I read alot of people saying they swayed on the highway or would roll the sidewall on curves, I just think those people dont know how to drive. The only complaint I have is that they are a little softer then my BFGW ATs so they dont last as long on highway use. It could be the tread pattern is a little more aggressive, I dont see myself changing to a new tire anytime soon, ill just grab 4 more of these bad boys when the time comes.

JeeperZJ
JeeperZJ's Reviews
08-30-2010, 12:53 AM
Price: $160.00
Pros: Quiet on road. Great look. Great performance.
Cons: The size I got was a 10 ply which is harder than I'd like. Other than that, none so far.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I just got them so I don't know how they wear yet. But so far they have been great! Quieter than expected on the road! Aggressive look and performance! Get them!

wrangler1977
wrangler1977's Reviews

08-26-2010, 12:49 AM
Price: $810.00
Pros: Good price Good looks $810 for four tires installed
Recommended? No

Comments: Quiet, good in almost all terrain. Rides great! Put 2000 miles on them so far. Great tire. Mine are 33" tires

DesertPatrol
DesertPatrol's Reviews
08-25-2010, 08:21 AM
Price: $800.00
Pros: quiet,great in snow, mud, and rain
Cons: none for me
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I purchased these tire in March on 2010. First trip was a trip over the Cascade mountains from Salem to Bend Oregon. worked great. then spent the weekend in the mud and snow, all kinds of traction. Extra benefit is I went from loud MTR, to these which are 10x quieter.

gasapple
gasapple's Reviews

08-19-2010, 12:45 PM
Price: $155.00
Pros: Excellent performance and aggressive look. Decent cost. Quiet and great street handling. Not tested off-road yet.
Cons: None so far.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Excellent performance and aggressive look! Not at all like I pictured an all-terrain (as opposed to a mud tire). I didn't know what I was missing with my old BFG Mud Terrains. I like the way these handle and look MUCH better than the BFGs. Five, 33x12.5x15 mounted on ATX Chamber wheels.

I used TireRack (tons of research) and combined a TreadLightly discount for Goodyear tires -$25 for TreadLightly membership and a $100 rebate check from Goodyear (arrived quickly - net $75). I also used FatWallet and got another $50 back since TireRack was listed. Great experience and as everyone knows, TireRack is awesome (first time customer)!

Sawyer3224
Sawyer3224's Reviews
08-13-2010, 04:34 PM
Price: $123.00
Pros: Great look, handle great in rain, that's all i've experienced so far.
Cons: none.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great tire, looks incredible, rides smooth, little to none road noise.

jbrajko
jbrajko's Reviews
08-03-2010, 05:00 PM
Price: $189.00
Pros: Low noise at speeds, good all around tire
Cons: little pricey
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Some of the best looking tires for the price along with hardly any noise on at speeds. Have been good in all conditions with no complaints.

tommybio

tommybio's Reviews
08-03-2010, 01:06 PM
Price: $1.00
Pros: Looks good - mildly aggressive
Recommended? Yes

Comments: good quiet tire on road, great grip for 'part time' jeepers like me

InfernoGirl

InfernoGirl's Reviews
07-28-2010, 09:31 AM
Price: $762.00
Pros: Good looking, perform well, low noise
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great looking tires that perform well in all conditions, snow, rain, mud, dry... They have a slight hum on the road, but not loud. I love them.

Jason D

Jason D's Reviews
07-26-2010, 10:38 AM
Price: $160.00
Pros: Great in standing water at highway speeds. Cheaper than BFG AT's. More aggressive tread.
Cons: Thin Sidewall. Got a flat from a stick poking into the tread within a week of having them.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Best All-Terrain tire on the market IMO. Handles standing water at highway speeds SOOO much better than the BFG AT. Looks more aggressive than the BFG. Doesn't glog up like the BFG. Cheaper than the BFG AT's. I highly recomend these if you want a true All-Terrain tire.

Page 8 of 10 < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 > Last